Sign in to follow this  
Bill

No Ducksch

Yep, BILD are pretty reliable so looks almost certain Dusseldorf have their man. In truth a week or two back it was reported that he favoured that move anyway. Good thing is its still only June and City have time to hunt another target or two, which im sure they have have in mind. Some you win, some you dont.

Seems quite cheap at an initial £1.5m euros.....that doesn''t by you much these days....roughly a Marley watkins.

Srely we haven''t list out through the transfer fee??.....if he wanted to stay in Germany I suppose there''s not much you can do?

Pity the Farke connections did not seem strong enough to persuade him.. hope he wasn''t our top target

I think Rhodes could be good, no one like him at the club. He’s not going to go wandering around the pitch looking for the ball and doesn’t take stupid long shots.

Farke’s most successful stricker at Dortmund was basically a poacher who waited for the midfield schemers to drop the ball on a plate for him. Rhodes certainly use to have good movement and the knack for right place, right time. I suspect he is seen as one of a couple of incomings and it seems Sheff Wednesday need to cut wages so much that Norwich could potentially get him and pay a fraction of his wages.

Norwich were sniffing around him in Jan on a loan but in never happened for whatever reason.

I hear Ducksch has an identical twin brother so maybe we should go after him, a sort of double Ducksch.

[quote user="BobLoz3"]Rhodes??Where we''re going we don''t need Rhodes.[/quote]

Post of the week 🤩

Will be interesting to see if this happens.

I have not been a fan as he has never impressed me when I have seen him. His application outside the box is virtually non existent and what little pace has long left him, and his best days seem to be behind him. Inside the pen area it is a different matter where he does (or perhaps more accurately, given just 8 goals in the last two seasons) have a more predatory instinct. He would also add some aerial threat that is currently missing.

Interesting to see that Farkes previous main striker was the poacher type, although the style of play we saw last year suggest we were looking for a mobile player with a good touch and passing ability (for me another Rhodes weakness) to enable link up and movement. At 28 he is probably at the higher limit for a new signing.

It will come down to the size of the transfer fee and wage demands, IF he can convince the coaches that he wants to recover his previous form and application there is no reason why he can''t be a success here (as holt demonstrated right player, time and place is key)

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BobLoz3"]Rhodes??Where we''re going we don''t need Rhodes.[/quote]

Post of the week 🤩[/quote]Haha! Thanks [:)]

RE: "Who on earth are you going to be able to attract here with the owners as confirmed losers"?

Did you mean "you", shouldn''t it be "we"?