Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

How is the Finances now we sold 33 million Worth of players ??

How is the Finance now we sold 33 million Worth of players ??

with Murphy and Maddison gone how is the shortfall and finances

at a guess installments will be maddison signing a 5 year deal we get 4 million a year and murphy 4 years approx 3 million a year

that is 7 million into the bank this season that should cover Projected cash shortfall in accounts

i guess i have that correct so what does that leave us to spend ?

i know any transfers in will also be installments but how much can we afford as we have to pay in the first year as i guess the first 7 million Murphy / maddison money has been swallowed up by shortfall

until the wages of Naismith Martin jarvis Nelson we will not really see the benefit of the 7 million a season transfer money until the wages are to a affordable level

yes Tc should be

how are the the finances but no edit button noticed after i posted on my phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i think the first seasons money will just cover the shortfall we will not really see the benefit of the money till next season i might be wrong

There is talk amongst Leicester fans that they are paying £20m up front, but how true that is, I don''t know.  As for the finances generally, very healthy I should think, but will only be beneficial long term if we can lose some more of the more expensive contracts.

The £30m parachute payment Norwich recieved last season becomes a £7m(ish) TV revenue payment this summer. So knock £23m out of the money Norwich receive to stay on a par with last summer. Luckily wages should be significantly down from the £55m Norwich were paying this time last year.

Doubt the Maddison or Murphy payments are upfront, but with most deals you would expect well over 50% to come straight away with the instalments being over 2 or 3 seasons at most.

Obviously any signings will also be spread payments, but other costs such as wages cannot be deferred until later. How much wriggle room there is in the budget will pretty much be known only to Steve Stone and Stuart Webber.

so Bethnal so i am right in thinking say we get 50 % of the transfers so far that is approx 15 .5 million

out of that comes the shortfall of cash that is predicted in accounts and shortfall of income to cover wages ( if the wages are high than set limit )

anything left once everything else is covered will then be free to use as first year payments on transfers

that was my point selling 30 million plus of players and got 15.5 approx up front has just cleared everything up so for this season

when we get the higher wages down to a acceptable level next season it will be a lot better for us

What about the Pritchard and Jacob Murphy sales last season with parachute payments too . Must be a surplus left over from 17/18 however you want to spin it .

Will all be much clearer when the next set of accounts are published.

Norwich went from £50m in parachute payment to £30m between 16/17 and 17/18 and made a £3m loss in 16/17 already.

The club isn’t spiriting money away into some secret slush fund. Between 2012 and 2017 Norwich spent £96m, £63m was on the playing squad, £27m was spent repaying debt and interest that accrued on the debt and £6m on infrastructure. The club have spent everything they can on players over the last few years and they are still doing so, just there isn’t as much to spend.

The long and the short of it is we just don''t know.

We''re in a position to shed a bunch more wages summer 2019 as Klose, Pinto, Naismith, Martin and Jarvis should all be out of contract. You''d like to think it they all leave we should be at our target for a sustainable wage budget.

I notice the figures above don''t take in to account agents fees and any sell on due to Coventry in the case of Maddison.

The last AGM showed the club was due about £8m net from transfers in and out.

Since then Pritchard, Jerome, Murphy 2, Watkins and Maddison have gone. Working on the basis Norwich have trousered 50% of these deals already that adds £23.5m to the kitty.

If they have now received a further £4m from those pre-AGM transfers that gives £27.5m going into this season''s £20m black hole.

This means that £7.5m is available for new players in this window.

Player recruitment is therefore likely to be from the minor leagues of Europe.

Begs the questions then good job Maddison did not really have a serious knee injury ( i am glad for the lad as well ) as with out his Transfer fee the club would have been in trouble

The big question isn''t how much debt will the money pay off and what income will the Directors decide to take out of the club

I doubt the combination of the 2 will leave very little left for quality signings

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Begs the questions then good job Maddison did not really have a serious knee injury ( i am glad for the lad as well ) as with out his Transfer fee the club would have been in trouble[/quote]

This.

We got very lucky. What we need is a board with the foresight to look a few years ahead. That way, we could snap up extremely promising players from the lower leagues and then sell them at a massive profit. You know, like some semblance of a plan.