Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Klose to Sheffield Utd

So Klose to Sheff Utd, Lamine Kone to Villa and Angus Gunn to Leeds - these guys are obviously in the know. At least we have Cameron John already lined up as Timm''s replacement...

Let''s be honest, if there was a bid of £3m for Klose then we would undoubtably sell.
Our only objective now is to accumulate as much money as possible, by selling anyone & everyone who is any good, and then to keep as much of it as possible by only replacing them with cheap unknown hopefuls.
A strategy that is doomed to fail.

Doubt there''s any truth in it, but a £3m fee plus £1.5m wage saving would probably be attractive if they had a viable cheaper alternative lined up, given the state of the finances.

I doubt it as well, but Hanley and Zimmermann were a solid CD pair last year IMO, and Zimm falls into the category of lower cost and possibly better, so it''s not an unreasonable position to take. It would also free up money to spend elsewhere in the squad. Please package Martin in as part of any deal.

We could also project to the new season and look back on the past one: Zimm is 5 years younger and we might assume he could still improve, Timm is more likely to stand still. On last seasons statistics, in the Championship Timm didn''t play any of the first five games so Zimm''s record there was DLWLL. After that they didn''t play together 11 more times and Zimm''s record playing w/o Timm was DDDL and Timm''s without Zimm was LLDL WDW. If we take the first 5 and last 5 games out the analysis, their records are almost identical but Zimm has that 4 game results advantage over Timm of DDDL v''s LLDL. Yes I know Timm scored 4 goals including that one v Ipswich, but its the overall results that count.

We could also project to the new season and look back on the past one: Zimm is 5 years younger and we might assume he could still improve, Timm is more likely to stand still. On last seasons statistics, in the Championship Timm didn''t play any of the first five games so Zimm''s record there was DLWLL. After that they didn''t play together 11 more times and Zimm''s record playing w/o Timm was DDDL and Timm''s without Zimm was LLDL WDW. If we take the first 5 and last 5 games out the analysis, their records are almost identical but Zimm has that 4 game results advantage over Timm of DDDL v''s LLDL. Yes I know Timm scored 4 goals including that one v Ipswich, but isn''t it the overall results that count?

Apologies for the duplicate post - are we going to get an "edit" feature anytime soon?

I personally like Klose but if there is this type of opportunity to get a transfer fee and his wages off the bill then it is a no-brainer.

I think we could pick up a younger model with potential on cheaper wages and not make the team worse.

We MUST keep Hanley though

[quote user="Surfer"]I doubt it as well, but Hanley and Zimmermann were a solid CD pair last year IMO, and Zimm falls into the category of lower cost and possibly better, so it''s not an unreasonable position to take. It would also free up money to spend elsewhere in the squad. Please package Martin in as part of any deal.[/quote]

Hanley and Zimmerman were not a solid centre back pair last season. They were solid when part of a 3. When we played the two together in a back 4 our defence looked dodgy although not so much Hanley. Zimmerman really struggles in a back 4 but looks amazing in the 3 CBs system.

[quote user="Big O"]

I think we could pick up a younger model with potential on cheaper wages and not make the team worse. [/quote]
You mean like the forgotten man Sean Raggett Big O ?