Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Klose to Sheffield Utd

The blades apparently interested and considering a £3m+ bid.

Given his wage and in last year of contract it looks too good to reject.

And we get to see if we only bought Raggett to flip or not.

Reminiscent of the Jerome sale if this is true.

Very useful player, a well respected stalwart and one who we are better with than without, imo.

We need to prune but it seems to me that we will be excelling at getting shot of the valued performers whilst being stuck with those less so.

If it is true. I thought that TK has been quite expressive about his contentment at the club and isn''t there a one year further option in his contract?

I, personally, wouldn''t wish for this as I feel that it would reduce our chances of putting up a decent showing in the coming season, and we still have some left after all.

A sale too far?

It would be a sad state of affairs if a team who were more recently in League One than the Premier League can afford to take one of our better players off us.

I''m not against Klose leaving but not to a rival side in this league.

My guess would be if we are planning to sell we''ll want a bit more than that... nearer the 6m mark but will probably settle for 4.5m. Would be a shame as I think TK still has a lot to offer for us and it would be more difficult to replace him with anyone of a silica standard for the money. That said, you can''t say he''s that strong an option for the future presuming we can push for promotion next season, so there is a case for bedding in a new defensive partnership.

Really like Klose and he became a lot more assertive in his play under Farke last season and was terrific in a back three which gave him licence to go further forwards and be effective further up the field.  If we want that this season, we need to keep him as there isn''t a better version of a player that can do that at the club, unless Godfrey who can play in central defence is being thought of in that light, but back four/back five, Klose will be needed imo.  

If this rumour has any legs some posters on here really do need to wipe the delusion from their eyes. Selling to a rival in the same division for nothing other than finance is beyond ridiculous.

Club adjusts wage bill to fit income shock
whatever next ?

[quote user="Herman"]What penny? What delusion?[/quote]

That there is a strategy, that they know what they are doing. That we are in for a very very difficult season

That the like of an Arab owner is killing the club

I could go one and one........... and probably will

I would be very surprised if this happened. We are going to have a hard job staying in the Championship next season as it is without weakening the defence even further.

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]The blades apparently interested and considering a £3m+ bid.

Given his wage and in last year of contract it looks too good to reject.

And we get to see if we only bought Raggett to flip or not.[/quote]

Let''s just set up a community centre and sell all of our players... What happened to the "we''re not looking to unsettle the squad like last year"... Hope this is just paper talk

Webber has overseen, by far, the biggest clear out of players in the club''s history.

The sales since the departure of Pritchard have seen by far the biggest input of millions ever. In fact I would suggest that the money in since that sale might be in excess of the accumulative amount from sales since the club first sold off some of it''s finest, when not taking inflation into account ... a close run thing in any case.

Enough has to be enough and valued players mooted for the exit recently like Klose, Godfrey and Pinto need be kept whilst maximum effort to unload the obvious five or six unwanted should be employed.

I was disappointed that we could not land this German striker, I will be equally so if Nelson Oliveira, in particular, remains on the books throughout the Summer.

Can''t see this one, it doesnt make sense for the player or the club. Klose seems happy here and is settled, unlikely to want to make a switch to a club at the same level - arguably weaker than us in some respects - and with plenty of interest from bigger clubs likely in a year when his contract ends, if we don''t go up. Club don''t need to sell at this point, Yes his wages are high but in their last year and it''s budgeted for now so it''s not the same situation as last season or with some of the other big earners; and unlike many of the others he''s a key contributor to the first team.

We have already lost 6 players who played decent amounts of games for us last season, thru sales/ ending contract and return loanees, only 2 new signings and they were set up in January. Our returned loans of Martin, Naismith and Wildschutt are likely once again in Neil Adams books to clear away.
There is no way City would sell big Timm except for a club offering money that could not be turned down. I doubt 6mill would even come close, never mind 3 mill. Besides, i personally love the guy in how he has contributed to our cause. Sure he is on good money, but thats his good fortune, he joined at a time when we were splashing the cash. But yes, hes budgeted for, and look how hes played regular for us, unlike that other guy who sat beside him back in Jan 16 that we spent big on, and remember, Naismith is likely and sadly budgeted for as well.
He started with us with Bassong, Martin, Turner and Bennett as partners and now has Hanley, Zimmerman and Raggett, how things have changed in such a small time. I would be happy to see big Timm stay here and see his contract out, and the same applies to Ivo Pinto to. Smeone tell Sheff. Utd that Russ Martin is still available.