Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Jordan Rhodes

Not my idea of where the club should be going but like others have said as a back up yes i would rather have Rhodes than Nelson O

If used properly, I guess it could work. He''s domestic based as well which helps things so if he''s not all that but still usable, we can stick him on the bench.

Seems we have some pace on the flanks with Buendia and Hernandez with Pinto and Lewis behind them so if they can get them crosses sent in, it could work, not to mention someone getting on the end of Vrancic set pieces.

Honestly Tettey if were signing a player like this with the current financial situation we cant afford to have them sat on the bench. His wages, cost of signing, age, resale value, most importantly for me his general play seem to be the worst kind of fit for what we are currently trying to do. People say he scores lots of goals but really he hasn''t done that for a few seasons, not to a degree where you can forgive that he does very little outside the box.

I have no idea whether Jordan Rhodes would be a good signing for us. What I do know is that if he does sign, the fact that he played 10 games for Ipswich 10 years ago would have absolutely no effect on my reaction to him when he pulled on the Norwich colours. Anyone who has a problem with his past association with them in blue is simply a parochial bigot. And Waveney’s reaction is rather surprising, given his comments accusing others of racism. Or perhaps not surprising at all-I wonder what other prejudices he has. Can’t wait for the improved forum with the ignore button.

Considering the world''s most expensive striker is worth nearly 3 times more than the most expensive defender, I think we do have to recognise that we will have to push the boat out for any new striker even if it isn''t Rhodes.

The underperforming and flashy Nelson Olivera has managed a goal every 202 minutes in the league these last two seasons.

The stinks of goals Jordan Rhodes has scored a goal every 370 minutes in the last two seasons.

Heck, even in their whole Championship careers Rhodes averages a goal every 198 minutes, Nelson every 212.

Rhodes might have been the answer in 2015 but not now in my opinion.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="channonswindmill"]Rather sign Nick Rhodes better reflex[/quote]Rather have Dusty Rhodes.....
[/quote]
I''m below forty so I''m going with Dustin Rhodes instead.

[quote user="Rick OShea "]If this is what the bright future is going to be under Webber then this is thoroughly depressing[/quote]
I am getting mixed messages over this one Rick as for me Rhodes is not young, he is not hungry and he certainly won''t be cheap which goes against the Webber/ Farke philosophy.

Tilly they are making it up as they go along that is obvious

Webber is clearly out of his depth as is Farke and the stowmarket 2 are incompetent

It''s going to be a long difficult season