Sign in to follow this  
pete

Time to get back to young and hungry

Now the fire sale appears to be under way. Lets look at promising young British players from Div 1 and 2. Rather than pursue aging continental plodders. Look to the future lets see if Farke can walk the walk in coaching promising younger players. Not those selected merely for the U23/U18 squads.

The future looks bleak give us a team to support with some hope.

[quote user="pete"] Look to the future lets see if Farke can walk the walk in coaching promising younger players. [/quote]
After James Maddison and Jamal Lewis does he really need to prove anything?

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]
[quote user="pete"] Look to the future lets see if Farke can walk the walk in coaching promising younger players. [/quote]
After James Maddison and Jamal Lewis does he really need to prove anything?
[/quote]

Yes he does and continually. Maddison was an emerging talent even at the end of last season so while I think he did a good job with him it was imo really about just giving him a chance. Lewis I think he deserves more credit for. Don''t get me wrong I think Farke is good with the young players and it''s Webber''s job to provide them, if Farke is provided with older players in this system that''s not his fault, he works with what he''s given.

Define ageing..

I''m not sure we have pursued any ageing continental powders assuming by ageing you mean past it.

Apart from the fact every player is ageing we do need some players at their peak of 27 or 28. I appreciate we need young players to coach but that is kinda the philosophy we have had since Webber appointed farke anyway

So does 25 count as young enough - Hanley, Leitner. Or does 24 count as young enough - Zimmerman, Trybul, Hernandez. Or does 23 count as young enough - Srbeny, Ragget, Husband. Or does 21 count as young enough - Buendia. How young does young have to be to be "young and hungry" enough?