Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Leitner signs permanently

[quote user="kick it off"]Pinkun exclusive - deal agreed, terms agreed, medical on Monday.
Happy with that.
[/quote]
I was fairly confident that would happen. He needs still to adapt some more, but the talent is there.

So, so happy with this signing. Wonder if we''ll see him higher up the pitch in the number 10 position more often than not. Either way, quality player.

I''ve said before i really don''t get the hype with him but I''m pleased we''re getting deals over the line.

Now onto the forwards.

I have to express my concerns about him being able to score more than one goal next season
"Leitner never strikes twice ... "
Otherwise a great bit of new as it shows the present mode is working. Players are being brought back from ''obscurity''  for relatively little cost.
Anyone accept Buenos Aires being a straight swap for Watkins ? Hands and bite spring to mind
We now have a Championship budget. Players on PL contracts will be moved on. That is not a ''fire sale''. That is a basic requirement.
To Maurice, Willkommen mein herr

Very, very classy player. The only thing concerning me is his attitude. Last season I got the distinct feeling that he lost enthusiasm towards the end.

However, I think the whole team set-up will be different this year & he''ll have (potentially) much more of a role to play. Let''s hope he gets fired up for the battles to come.

Showed glimpses of class but needs to show it consistently over the next season. Has the potential to be a good signing and the next few months will show if he is good enough. Figures crossed.

This is fantastic news, i think Mo can and will shine for us in the coming season, just the guy we wanted after losing Wes and Madders. Hoping the medical etc goes well, a real tonic at the right time to hear about this.

Leitner is class. And we''ll get more out of him playing him in the number 10 position. He showed great attitude to play in a more defensive position last season, but number 10 is his natural position and I look forward to seeing him there. Great signing, if true.

Didn''t think he is a number 10? Good pedigree, good signing, and one that I very much doubt would have happened had it not been for Farke.

That said, he didn''t hugely impress me last season overall. Hopefully kicks on more next season.

Can I ask where this is he''s a number 10 has come from? Feels a bit like something sometime said and is now a given. I''m assuming most of us hadn''t seen much of him before joining us and transfermarkt''s position breakdown has him playing as a central midfielder 88 times and an number 10 only 32 times.

He also apparently played left midfield 4 times if LDC wants to ''do a Dorrans'' with him....

Most times he showed his skills last season. I kept saying to my daughter "he''s too good for us" So I''m delighted that he''s signing.

I seem to remember we never won when he played and that he scored no goals and had no assists. Fancy touches etc but little end product. Now hopefully he was rusty and there is lots more to come from him but I maintain we desperately need strikers.

As for moaning - well we are hardly improved signing a player we already had having seen all our goal scores depart. And given the cost of decent champ strikers and our well publicised lack of pot to pee in- do we have money to spare on midfielders?

I recognise that many on this board thinks it’s all just fine and dandy and we will somehow compete well regardless. Sincerely hope you are right...

He only played in a few defeats and I''m pretty sure he played in the win against leeds. Others have mentioned that he was playing deeper than his his natural position in order to keep Maddison in the side. Great signing.

As funny as it sounds, will probably shine brighter without Maddison as competition. About as good replacement we''ll get for little money

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]I seem to remember we never won when he played and that he scored no goals and had no assists. Fancy touches etc but little end product. Now hopefully he was rusty and there is lots more to come from him but I maintain we desperately need strikers.

As for moaning - well we are hardly improved signing a player we already had having seen all our goal scores depart. And given the cost of decent champ strikers and our well publicised lack of pot to pee in- do we have money to spare on midfielders?

I recognise that many on this board thinks it’s all just fine and dandy and we will somehow compete well regardless. Sincerely hope you are right...[/quote]
err no, that is just you making up stuff
transfer fees from both Murphys, Watkins, Jerome, Pritchard and Maddison would suggest otherwise
the real point here is why you feel the need to keep puttingup posts attacking the club which are backed by ''misrepresentations ?

I thought that he looked like a lovely little player - to my eye, at least, he seems very talented. Really pleased...

I never thought we would get him - so delighted that we have. Will be a top class player in the Championship.