Sign in to follow this  

Southampton looking to sign for fifteen million. Understudy to the two senior keepers but with a buy back clause. Going to be third choice despite apparently wanting more first team football??? - sounds like a poor option to me.

Saints aren’t rich enough to spend £15m on a third choice keeper.

They are looking to sell Fraser Forster who looks to have dropped off the cliff edge. So Gunn would be trying to get past McCarthy, which he’d probably fancy himself to do.

It’s better than the other option which appears to be him going to Leeds on loan as Pep loves Bielsa.

Southampton? Fifteen million for a third choice ''keeper? And we thought McGovern a waste of resources.

I do not quite understand why Young Gunn, Old Gunn and, it seems Manchester City were so emphatic about him not returning to Carrow Road for another season.

I suppose Citeh''s stance can be justified by a willingness to cash in but it does seem fairly obvious that the only way that the youngster would get regular first team football at this stage in his career would be in the Championship. In this respect NCFC would seem ideal.

Events change daily and maybe the family are waiting for a lower Prem. club to show interest

I wonder how much they''d want for Forster...
Saying that, wages would probably be way out of our current range.

Also I''d much rather give Remi a shot than someone who seems to have lost all confidence right now.

I can see Forster on loan to a championship team next session though.

Having watched Southampton and Forster plenty of times last season I really wouldn’t want him here. His performances for a lot of the season were just awful and was rightfully dropped.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at WBA as Ben Foster is trying to force a move, maybe Stoke if they sell Butland - but wouldn’t be surprised if they regret it, like West Ham did with Hart.

Considering the trash Hart has been serving up the last two season I’d be surprised if many Championship clubs wanted him.

Apparently Hart is looking for another loan move abroad, but no one in Italy will touch him after stinking up Torino.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he popped up in the MLS, China isn’t an option as they aren’t allowed overseas goalkeepers.

I didn’t know about the goalkeeping rule in China, Bethnal - interesting fact. I can’t say I’ve heard of any Chinese goalkeepers so no idea if the rule has helped them develop homegrown talent.

I can’t see anyone in the bottom half of the prem paying £15mil for a third or even second choice keeper to be honest, especially one who has no prem experience. If the story’s true, you’d imagine he’ll get a chance at being their first choice before the end of the season.

Can''t believe it took people so long to realise how poor Joe Hart is. Perhaps a decent shot stopper but nothing more. Wouldn''t have him here, plus I''d assume his wages demands are probably something ridiculous. I BBQ''d wouldn''t have Forster either.

I would imagine that Gunn will only move for first team football otherwise he may as well stay at City. If he''s not in contention then I''d imagine a lower league Premier League side loan would be the best option for him