Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Frankenstein out on loan

Club just announced Franke has joined Darmstadt on loan for the season. Guess we can write him off at this point if we didn''t even want to bring him in for a look in pre season.

"..... if we didn''t even want to bring him in for a look in pre season."

I think that there might be more to it than that because he did cost a bit and was initially considered, by the manger, to be first choice above the Zimm.

I suspect that he failed to adapt to the English way; of life, of football and just wanted to be back home for multose possible reasons.

I am surprised it is a loan as I would have expected a sale and a fee.

He became a scapegoat for our poor defensive displays early last season, together with Martin. Would always struggle to get ahead of Hanley, Zimmerman and Klose.

[quote user="king canary"]Fucking autocorrect man...

Clearly meant to be Franke in the headline.[/quote]It doesn''t matter King, this was way funnier to read.
As for Franke, I''m not sure he was given a real chance to perform for us, I didn''t think he was that poor tbh, he was better than Russ Martin in those early games (and Zimmermann half the time), and ironically would probably have looked better alongside Klose or Hanley which never happened.
Will go down as one of Webber''s failed signings tbh, although was he scouted before DF had input or after?

@indy

It''s a shame as he was one of the signings I was looking forward to seeing- a player in a position we needed who was young enough to develop but experienced enough to make an impact.

I''d agree he was unfortunate to not get a chance in the defence after Farke had tightened things up while Zimmerman was not written off in the same manner. Wonder if he reacted badly to being dropped in training?

Sometimes players don’t settle in a new environment, I suspect it’s more to do with that. Surprised it’s a loan though.

[quote user="Van wink"]Sometimes players don’t settle in a new environment, I suspect it’s more to do with that. Surprised it’s a loan though.[/quote]
It''s a loan because nobody wants to buy him. And who can blame them.

Three year deal when we bought him: July 17 -> July 2020. I''m surprised he''s not come back to give it another go in pre-season this year, so it sounds like its more that just whether he''s a good enough footballer for us.

Could be more to it like he needs to be in Germany for family or something.

Ah well, some times like Zimm you win and others you lose. Happy we signed Hanley in the end.

Will be interesting to see how much Raggett features in pre season