Sign in to follow this  
Dorset Canary

On FB We've Signed Ben Marshall?

Link on FB saying we''ve signed Ben Marshall on a 4 yr deal... Anybody else heard/seen anything?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=670510996634341&set=gm.2075358752729389&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Sorry no clicky

Dorset, old chap
clicky is quite easy
cut as you did and the
paste into the box that appears when you click on the ''globe with chain link'' second right on above text box

I''m off social media entirely so can''t get in to see, but someone one Twitter might want to look at what alan nixon ( @Reluctantnicko ) has tweeted. Seems to be something to do with this, although doesn''t sound like he named Marshall explicitly.

says
"Norwich City are set to announce right back Ben Marshall on a 4 year deal within the coming hours."
nothing else except dirty gret picher of ''im

[quote user="Mr Benn"]
says
"Norwich City are set to announce right back Ben Marshall on a 4 year deal within the coming hours."
nothing else except dirty gret picher of ''im
[/quote]
On Facebook or Nixon''s twitter?

Cheers Mr Benn will lookout for the hyper-link globe next time.

Yeah I acknowledged Jack Cummings post on FB some time (before I posted on here)

Was surprised not to see anything on here when I checked in.

I thought I read somewhere Ben Marshall was set to join Millwall as well.

If he was to join us then I would think Jarvis will be shifted on, as might be Pinto (wages)

He''s getting om a bit and seems to spend an awful lot of time on the treatment table
................. poorman road beckons

If Marshall is coming in would like to hope we can retain Pinto''s services as both will most likely be required next season.

I guess we do have Martin though...

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]If Marshall is coming in would like to hope we can retain Pinto''s services as both will most likely be required next season.

I guess we do have Martin though...[/quote]Don''t forget the ''youth'' options in Max Aarons and Jordan Thomas, both more likely to get a chance than Martin playing again IMHO.

[quote user="Mr Benn"]If he was to join us then I would think Jarvis will be shifted on, as might be Pinto (wages)[/quote]

Jarvis shifted on??? You wish!

Just about says it all and confirms what I have been thinking!

Marshall has seemed set for Millwall from the start - he had a decent run for them last season and I imagine he''d want to continue. I don''t think his is a role we particularly need to fill so it''d hardly be a missed opportunity for us.

The fee seems OK and won''t break us.

His record seems OK as well so why not.

Seems Millwall are after another winger now.

Wigan and Millwall have joined the hunt for Motherwell winger Chris Cadden

Guessing, a successful chat with Farke and Webber.

Marshall signing providing all is ok with the medical is now being reported by various different sources now so it looks like he is the no4 summer signing.

Not seen him play but Millwall had a successful season & they wanted him back so can not be all that bad... Right Back or winger?

Counts for home grown, had good form last season, not very expensive and fills a position of need. All good in my opinion.

Well it wasn''t a role I thought we particularly needed but he certainly had a good run for Millwall in the second half of the season so I guess would be more than welcome!

Nice that we''re signing all these creative midfielders and wingers, but at some point it would be good to address the fact they we don''t have anyone up front to stick the final ball in the net... Unless we''re going to play a pioneering 5-5-0 formation... Total non-football.

He can play anywhere along the right, although predominantly a right winger. However Millwall mainly played him left wing last season.

Good engine, gets up and down the wing and an excellent crosser of the ball and set pieces. Not the quickest and unlikely to dribble past a defender - a bit like Brady - but right footed. Don’t have anyone like him in the squad - I’d categorise Norwich’s current wingers as the tricky type, with dubious end product.

I’ve always thought he is a good player and if the fee of less than £2m apparently and good deal. Suspect he’ll be cover for Ivo as well as pushing Hernandez for a spot on the wing.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The aforementioned Alan Nixon, a somewhat reliable source, has now said Marshall had a medical at Norwich yesterday and will be signing today.[/quote]
So the pre-teen wasn''t too far off? [:D]

Seems like just the sort of signing we need.  Capable right wing/wing back/right back all in one player, fulfilling needs of the squad on the right hand side and can fit in where needed.  Should be coming to his peak at 27/28. Good business.