Sign in to follow this  
Indy_Bones

Danny Ings

Just seen it reported that he''s being allowed to leave Liverpool to get first team football, clearly there are 2 major concerns here, the first being his injury issues over the past 3 years, the second being potential wage demands.
If he was fully fit and wasn''t asking for crazy money I think he''d be an excellent addition to our fairly weak strike force, but would he want to leave the Premier League, are those injuries behind him, and can he regain the form he had at Burnley which prompted Liverpool to sign him to begin with?
He''d certainly be a better option than Jordan Rhodes in my book, but there are more potential risks to go with this IMHO.
Thoughts?

1. He won''t want to drop to a midtable Champs club.

2. He won''t want to drop to a midtable Champs club that can only pay peanuts in comparison to his mega bucks contract.

[quote user="king canary"]Indy Bones has form in this- I still remember him recommending we should sign Nani and Ter-Stergen.[/quote]Ah yes, my infamous "Potential Targets" thread ([url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/2921613/ShowPost.aspx#2921613"[/url])
Whilst I fully admit that some of the suggestions were out of our league, quite a few of them were perfectly realistic, and indeed many have gone on to far bigger and better things than when I suggested them initially (even though many had never heard of half of them), hell, we even signed Timm Klose from that list [:D]

The club took your advice a season after that and started going after players we had no chance of getting. Alderweirld, Biglea, Nagatomo and some others iirc.

Heard you''d been away for a while. Didn''t realise it was a full 3 years! He (and Liverpool) will be asking for crazy money in Norwich terms

No doubt he''d go to a Prem side. Although he''s had his injuries he''s still a good striker. Could see someone like Huddersfield or perhaps Brighton going for him, or one of the newly promoted sides.

If not, he''d definitely be a shoe-in for nailed on promotion side. He won''t drop to us, no chance.

There is more chance of us paying the £3 million loan fee for Jordan Rhodes which currently is filed under no chance.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Isco, Firmino and Aubameyang. 👍👍

Now that would have shown ambishun.[/quote]It would, and truthfully looking back, I think Isco was the only one out of those three who wasn''t a vague possibility, let''s not forget that I suggested Firmino a full 2 years before he signed for Liverpool and when he wouldn''t have cost anywhere near what they ended up paying, and Aubameyang was just a promising young striker from St.Etienne, who Dortmund ended up paying 11mil for nearly 2 months after the suggestion was made - a figure we could have matched at the time and would have left him with a choice between the Premier League with us or the Bundesliga and Champs League with Dortmund (he would probably still gone there anyway to the champs league and Dortmund''s form/reputation compared to our own, but if we''d put an early bid in - who knows?).
I also notice that both Aspas and Min-Son have scored this world cup as well, funny considering how at the time I was getting told they (and most of the others) were just nobodies I''d apparently found on Football Manager...

Paper talk in Turkey has Ings in talks with Fenerbahce. They''ve just been taken over by one of the richest families in Turkey and have appointed Philip Cocu as manager and Damien Comolli (Ex Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs director of football) as their director of football... he will obviously have connections at Liverpool so possibly something in that. They''re about to sign Jack Wilshere on a free too apparently (70k per week plus huge signing on fee for a player who is fit 5 games per season seems ludicrous to me!)