Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Next Season

After all the hype of WIP/Next Season it seems that the ''calming'' of our expectations has already begun.

Realistically all we can expect is ''same again'' I''m afraid.

Wise words Derby

At best we have another season of transition. It’s just so damn depressing

Nothing that look forward to except to see how much money we get for Maddison

[quote user="Chippy Minton"]At best we have another season of transition.[/quote]
Nothing wrong with transition as long as it is going somewhere. Try and enjoy the journey, you can''t have a destination without it.

Is there a time limit on transition? If the worst were to happen and we finish in the same place or even lower, does transition continue or panic mode take over.

In other words, how long has DF got if things don''t improve?

I don''t think Farke will enjoy the patience many fans have had this season - I''m sure many are thinking "give him until Xmas, if not sooner", so I think he may be under more pressure.

I expect an improvement: in play, results and league position - I don''t think we will make the play offs, but it''d be nice to be in the mix until close to the end of the season.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]I’ll give it ten games then ..........[/quote]
I suggest we give it ten minutes and if we''re not 3-0 up I expect to see the whole snake pit charging down the touch line throwing season tickets like the chimps at Banham Zoo fling faeces.

It would be lovely to have some thing positive to look forward to next season but really there isn’t

I agree 10 games and then turn against Delia decisively

I really don''t know about a winter of discontent because all i can see looming on the horizon is a summer of discontent. I am with Derby,Swindon and Chippy on their views.

It has the potential to be ''interesting.'' As far as I recall we didn''t have any Farke out chants at home but did have one Delia out chant this season.

If we sell Maddison, don''t reinvest much in new players and continue to struggle to score goals then I can see fingers being pointed higher than Farke.

However if we somehow hold on to Maddison or we sell him but spend the money to strengthen the squad and we still don''t look like scoring then I think Farke will be the target.

Of course the ideal is we reinvest wisely, Farke finds his feet and we do well, all is forgotten.

If it''s going wrong 5-6 games in then get rid of Farke early.

[quote user="king canary"]It has the potential to be ''interesting.'' As far as I recall we didn''t have any Farke out chants at home but did have one Delia out chant this season.

If we sell Maddison, don''t reinvest much in new players and continue to struggle to score goals then I can see fingers being pointed higher than Farke.

However if we somehow hold on to Maddison or we sell him but spend the money to strengthen the squad and we still don''t look like scoring then I think Farke will be the target.

Of course the ideal is we reinvest wisely, Farke finds his feet and we do well, all is forgotten.[/quote]

Maddison will be sold but I do not expect the money to be invested in the team. It will go to make sure our self funded model keeps going for another 12 months. That is the reality of our situation.. it is not pessimistic but an honest assessment of the facts and previous decisions taken by this board. Also being linked with more second division German players as a solution to our lack of goals, I am afraid does not have me jumping with joy...

[quote user="Mike "]

Maddison will be sold but I do not expect the money to be invested in the team. It will go to make sure our self funded model keeps going for another 12 months. That is the reality of our situation.. it is not pessimistic but an honest assessment of the facts and previous decisions taken by this board. Also being linked with more second division German players as a solution to our lack of goals, I am afraid does not have me jumping with joy...[/quote]
Anybody who does not believe that is not living in the real world i am afraid Mike.

Hasn''t it always been that Til and Mike? Most decisions are about keeping a company going, even in the promised rich land of the Premiership.

And Bonzo pointed out recently each year we have a 12.5% chance of going up, like 23 other teams.

[quote user="Windy MIller "]Even the most extreme happy clapper (LDC excluded) realise the game is up next season and we are in for a period of struggle[/quote]
Can''t buy in to that one bit and neither will many others Windy.  The game is never up, next season is a fresh start for everyone - and enthusiasm, desire, belief and togetherness can take any club a long way, including us.  With a decent defence and with Godfrey, Trybull and Tettey as options in defensive midfiefd, we should be hard to beat as we were many times last season.  Going forwards we will see more of Hernandez and Srbeny and any new strikers coming in, not to mention the improving Vrancic and Mclean in more attacking midfield roles.  Plenty to be enthusiastic about.

It’ll be another season like last year in my view.

I don’t think we have the right manager in place and the owners are hell bent on this self-sufficient model that is only fit for mid-table mediocrity.

As negative as I''ve been this season I always go into every season with hope.

I remember feeling like we were shaping up really well before the season we got relegated to League One and I was really not convinced before the Premier League season under Lambert. You''ve got to go into each season with an open mind but it is unrealistic to expect a blank slate.

Whilst not an "extreme happy clapper" I nevertheless prefer to remain somewhat positive particularly in view of the fact that with so much depending on the transfer events of the Summer it is entirely premature to write us off at this stage.

Football is a ''funny old game'' and the Championship enhances this idea so anything could happen.

I genuinely believe that we have the basics of a decent squad and have faith that the youngsters, Matthews, Thompson and Godfrey will join Lewis in making their mark successfully. A couple of others could blossom as well and in Cantwell, Idah and Phillips we have particularly exciting prospects.

The defence is strongish, imo. whilst Tettey, Trybull, Vrancic and others formulate the basics of a quite decent midfield, and there have been nothing but positives about the impending arrival of Kenny McClean.

Murphy should become more consistent in the yellow, if he is not sold. Hernadez looks to be useful.

Already there is movement on the striker front and we will likely have the Maddison funding to be able to spend a bit.

I believe that Farke will have the tools to work with in order to put up a much better showing next season, especially with a new improved strikeforce. Things should improve, although the manager himself remains my biggest concern.

His tactics and some selections last season defied the intelligence, background and persona that he clearly possesses.

He seemed unable to see all the obvious shortcomings, despite defensive and attacking statistics being horrendous, and at times seemed to virtually invent positives in front of the cameras and in his press summaries.

Ten games should be enough to deduce whether he has got the message.

It could go either way, although failure will only go one of them.

Until then it is, imo, more sensible to remain upbeat instead of wallowing in pessimism. I follow City for fun after all. A premature sackcloth and ashes approach is not fun.

It really could go either way but another disappointing season could see repercussions from top to bottom.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
[quote user="Windy MIller "]Even the most extreme happy clapper (LDC excluded) realise the game is up next season and we are in for a period of struggle[/quote]
Can''t buy in to that one bit and neither will many others Windy.  The game is never up, next season is a fresh start for everyone - and enthusiasm, desire, belief and togetherness can take any club a long way, including us.  With a decent defence and with Godfrey, Trybull and Tettey as options in defensive midfiefd, we should be hard to beat as we were many times last season.  Going forwards we will see more of Hernandez and Srbeny and any new strikers coming in, not to mention the improving Vrancic and Mclean in more attacking midfield roles.  Plenty to be enthusiastic about.
[/quote]
I got as far as ''we will see more of Srbeny'' and got extremely concerned if you are right Lakey.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]
I got as far as ''we will see more of Srbeny'' and got extremely concerned if you are right Lakey.
[/quote]
I got as far as "I got as far as..."[H]

Although TBF the "we will see more of Srbeny " comment is most of the way through LDC''s post...

I do agree that Srbeny has looked extremely unconvincing whenever I''ve seen him, he''s never looked likely to threaten a goal.  If we do sell Oliveira, I think we''d need a couple of decent strikers in to have any chance.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Next season ?  Selling our best players and replacing them with something cheaper, there''s only one way we will be going. [/quote]

Maddison was a cheap player as was Hanley and Zimmerman.