Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

New stricker

Interesting that DF says we needed someone to make runs behind.

Not quite sure what he means but hope it signals a more direct approach to getting the strikers on the ball.

Teemu Pukki

Most recently 45 goals in 98 games for Brondby. That''s certainly not a bad return. He scored 19 last season.

I won''t get excited until something is announced though

I won''t get excited until something is announced though

It has been announced on the Club website.

Are you sure we haven''t just signed a Pokémon character?

[quote user="ron obvious"]I wonder why he was on a free? Seems a touch odd.[/quote]
Bosmans aren''t really uncommon and they certainly don''t mean something is wrong with the player as player, I think a lot of them even like it as it means more bonus for them. I think we signed 3 on frees last summer, 2 of them have turned out really well (Zimermann and Trybull) and we made a decent profit on the other (Watkins).

Thanks both for the reassurance.

He looks promising to me; I particularly like his 2nd goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NYKFLtOoyA&feature=youtu.be

Getting older and probably want the chance to play in England like a lot of European players do. Norwich have been in the Prem fairly recently, so for players not too familiar with us we probably seem like a good option. Plus on the face of it if he scores a goal or two he''ll be nailed on to start pretty much every week!

As far as we understand, the club has to be very careful with money yet we are able to attract, financially, a player who couldn''t agree a new contract with Brondby, arguably the best team in Denmark and used to playing in Europe.

Are we still able to pay decent money then despite the warnings at the end of last season.

its all relative and how you define decent

players like Ruddy who where on 30-60k a week are out of our price range

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]As far as we understand, the club has to be very careful with money yet we are able to attract, financially, a player who couldn''t agree a new contract with Brondby, arguably the best team in Denmark and used to playing in Europe.

Are we still able to pay decent money then despite the warnings at the end of last season.[/quote]Our financial limitations have been exaggerated by many on here. Our budget will be competitive, as you have illustrated + also Marshall who was Millwall''s top target apparently. However, we won''t be going head-to-head with West Brom etc for players.

No idea how good pukki will be but it is clear we are building a technically capable squad of good footballers which is encouraging.

However we do appear to be lacking some aerial ability. We were dominated by aerial sides last year, suffering heavy defeats, and dont appear to have addressed that this summer. With the growing importance of set pieces, scoring and defending should we be targeting a little more height in our next signings? Not often i miss BJ but his was good with his head.