Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Why so much negativity.....

The season hasn’t started yet there’s so much negativity on this forum.

The only negative thing that I can see is that we lost Madders and that can’t have come as a surprise.

Watkins was a waste of a shirt and wages and he’s paid for a new pitch, Murphy was inconsistent and getting £10m plus for him was the best deal since we got similar for his brother.

We have got in some ‘talent’ that may or may not prove to be great business but that’s the same for every club that signs new players.

Pukki has a decent scoring record, who cares that he failed at Celtic, he’s done well since and has scored goals in European competitions.

Marshall looks like an upgrade on Murphy and Leitner although not as talented as Madders will do a great job for us.

The kit is simply that, just a kit the team wears on the pitch.

Why don’t we wait until the season starts before we all get negative, I’m quite excited about what we’ve done so far and I don’t care if I get slated for saying so 😝

Well we weren''t very good last season and we''ve sold our best young players since January.

We don''t know how the new players will do and I''m hopeful on all of them but I think if you''re claiming you can''t see why others might be negative then you''re being a bit disingenuous.

I think many people voice negativity because they see:

1) a massive reduction in first team quality/value

2) a failure to have made the most of recent promotions

3) a board that can’t invest and keep us competitive

4) a board failing to move us to the next level -English football has gone global but we are still provincial

5) dire tactics last season that made for dull football

6) record breaking sales but almost nothing reinvested in playing squad

Which makes negativity rather obvious. Indeed I am honestly flabbergasted by the more positive who genuinely seem to think that selling for millions and buying for thousands is going to make us competitive!!

I accept all of that but my point is let’s at least wait until the season has started and then see where we are at.

Buendia might become another Madders (none of us has any idea Madders would be so good for us).

Leitner might be the spark and conductor orchestrating our play

If Marshall can get half a dozen crosses in to the box he’ll be better than Murphy

And Pukki might score 20 and get us promotion.

Yes I am saying these tongue in cheek, but who can say for certain that they won’t happen, no one that’s who.

Like every other season for the last few I will no doubt end up being negative, however, like every one of those seasons I’ll give judgement when I have seen us play.

Of course nobody knows anything until a ball is kicked.

But this is a football forum where we come to discuss football. The negative opinions are just as justified as the positive ones.

I am happy to accept that we might really gel as a team and have a blinder. I also accept that, by fluke, all of our league one priced players might prove to be top champ quality. But the realist in me says that whilst a couple Lunt shine - eventually bargain bucket purchasing will take us backwards not forwards. That realist also says that last years squad minus the two greatest goal threats plus a freebie is not really promising an exciting season.

I am sorry that we had to sell Maddison, but that was to be expected in our financial predicament and we did get a good price, I think.

I am quietly optimistic. We seem to have signed a real centre forward/goal scorer in Pukki, if we learn how to supply him - balls behind defences so he can use his pace. McLean, seems capable of scoring from the midfield. Ditto our S. American. Svbenny can perhaps improve his performance in terms of goals. We seem to have two fleet wingers.

We should be better able to defend, especially with the development of Lewis, and our central defenders should know each other better.

But I am not carried away. I hope that we have removed the deadwood, apart from Oliveira, as well selling Josh and Madders. The newcomers will take time settle in, especially if they have to learn English as well.

So I am hoping for a top ten finish, perhaps even play-offs, but the latter may be impossible after so much change.

Because some people need something to complain about of which they are devoid of responsibility. Makes them feel better about themselves or something I reckon.

Main thing is not to worry too much on either side. I generally find the ones that moan the most online dont go to many games.

I do enjoy the desperate need to psychoanalyse us who view our current situation with a more negative viewpoint. Strange then lense never gets turned the other way.

Who is psycho-analysing?

I asked a question and suggested that maybe wait until the season has started before everyone panics.

I think it’s fair to say that if anyone tried to psycho-analyse most people in this forum there would be some world firsts 😂

It''s only a guess King.

But it''s all I can come up with in some cases.

I mean for what other reason would (using Derby Canary in this example) someone, on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon, log onto this forum and go through the effort of starting a thread, just to tell fans of supposedly the same club as him / her, to stop being happy?

It''s only a guess King.

But it''s all I can come up with in some cases.

I mean for what other reason would (using Derby Canary in this example) someone, on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon, log onto this forum and go through the effort of starting a thread, just to tell fans of supposedly the same club as him / her, to stop being happy?

I started the thread on my sun lounger with beer in hand as I get dismayed how just about every post turns in to a negative one by the same people.

Yes people are entitled to have their opinion and be negative but I think some do it just for the sake of it.

I come in here to debate but also in the hope that I might get a few little snippets of information to give me some more hope for our upcoming season.....

Well maybe start some threads on topics you''re interested in rather than a thread about other people being negative. Just a thought...

I did start a thread on something I was interested in, I was interested in finding out why so many posters on here are so negative.

I think your answer summed it up perfectly, you even found a negative in that 👍🏻