Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Bournemouth & Watford ' Allegedly ' Sniffing Around Jamal Lewis.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I sincerely hope you are not including me in that Indy because if you are i am sure that my background of involvement with NCISA from 1995-2012 has passed you by and anyone who sat with me on the SCG will tell you i was no shrinking violet when it came to expressing my point of view.[/quote]I''m including ANY poster that is purely posting the same whines about the board or our current finances on thread, after thread, after thread, after thread, yet are doing NOTHING outside of the forum to actively push for the change they are apparently so desperate for and without which the club will be in non-league within 4 years...
You''ve been involved in that sort of stuff before, and surely if you felt that the board should make way/step down/sell etc, then you''d be actually doing SOMETHING to try to acheive that goal, rather than simply sitting on here using any stick possible to beat the club with (but without really doing anything at all), wouldn''t you?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]
[quote user="TIL 1010"]I sincerely hope you are not including me in that Indy because if you are i am sure that my background of involvement with NCISA from 1995-2012 has passed you by and anyone who sat with me on the SCG will tell you i was no shrinking violet when it came to expressing my point of view.[/quote]I''m including ANY poster that is purely posting the same whines about the board or our current finances on thread, after thread, after thread, after thread, yet are doing NOTHING outside of the forum to actively push for the change they are apparently so desperate for and without which the club will be in non-league within 4 years...
You''ve been involved in that sort of stuff before, and surely if you felt that the board should make way/step down/sell etc, then you''d be actually doing SOMETHING to try to acheive that goal, rather than simply sitting on here using any stick possible to beat the club with (but without really doing anything at all), wouldn''t you?
[/quote]

So Indy, what exactly do you suggest people do if the owners have indicated that, they will not sell to anyone and they are giving all shares to their nephew (whilst placing them in a trust so he can not sell them)?

Are you suggesting a Chase like push? Or maybe we could start a crowd fund ... a bit like the push to improve the atmosphere...only needing £50m rather than £3000!

I would suggest that a lot of the atmosphere has gone because the people once responsible for it have decided to no longer give the club their hard earned money.

I am not having a go, genuinely interested in what you think would be the correct course of action, if you think the direction this board is taking, is wrong.

Or maybe people think they are incompetent have made too many mistakes and are not fit to run our club?

Would be good to hear your suggestion without the usual attacks on people''s opinions.

I disagree with you views but as a City fan I try not to get petty.

i think times have changed Indy

i think people accept things now they would not have done in the past when you are younger you have more energy for this type of thing

i am sure if this was happening back in time like the chase days era i would have thought you would have had protests and people more vocal at match days ,

today we are having fund raising for atmosphere in the ground that never would of happened when football was football fans sung their heart out for 90 mins and more, the passion is being lost or changing into a more mellow following

now people moan on forums etc instead of doing things me included !

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]
[/quote]
I have already been headhunted by somebody on a Facebook page who wishes to actively do something Indy. I have told them that i will offer advice from past experience on progressing on matters if they so wish.

[quote user="Mike "]So Indy, what exactly do you suggest people do if the owners have indicated that, they will not sell to anyone and they are giving all shares to their nephew (whilst placing them in a trust so he can not sell them)?
Are you suggesting a Chase like push? Or maybe we could start a crowd fund ... a bit like the push to improve the atmosphere...only needing £50m rather than £3000!
I am not having a go, genuinely interested in what you think would be the correct course of action, if you think the direction this board is taking, is wrong.
Would be good to hear your suggestion without the usual attacks on people''s opinions.

I disagree with you views but as a City fan I try not to get petty.[/quote]It''s not an attack on the opinion Mike, it''s the fact that it''s little more than repetitive moaning, which if truth be told, does absolutely nothing towards acheiving the result those complaining would like to see, and makes the board a whole lot more negative in the process, because everything has that as a background agenda.
We buy a new player, they''re either too cheap, too unproven, too German etc, etc, where''s the excitement around Buendia signing? A cracking young player with clear potential who we''ve got for a great price, and yet all we get is "Another cheap foreign nobody" etc.
We sell someone, and it''s all because the board have no ambition, Delia is running the club into the floor, and nothing to do with the genuine reality of running a modern day football club that isn''t owned and bankrolled by some wealthy Sheik or Chinese business tycoon.
Everything is being dragged down by all this stuff in the background, and what''s worse is that the background moaning is acheiving absolutely nothing.
You say that they are unwilling to sell to anyone, but that''s simply not the case, but purely that nobody has come forward and made a sensible offer for them to consider. The only person who''s even got close was Cullum IIRC, and his overall offer was pretty derisory if the rumours are true. They''ve apparently hired experts to look for outside investment and interest in someone buying the club and come up with very few options, and certainly none that hold the focus and support towards the community and club itself that the current board do.
Even if all that wasn''t true, who is to say that Nephew Tom wouldn''t go a good job when the time arises? We''ve seen plenty of experienced business heads fail miserably in the football game, Mike Ashley has hardly done well out of Newcastle has he? What about Randy Lerner? You think he''s happy with his ''investment'' in Villa? And so far the guy who bought Villa from him (Xia) has failed badly in terms of correctly managing the club instead of just throwing money at it.
When fans wanted Chase out, they protested, they arranged meetings, they spoke to the local press, they did a hell of a lot of work to make things as uncomfortable as possible for him and eventually it worked. There have been similar protests at other clubs over the past 20-30 years, most of which ended up with something changing as an end result, be this removal of a manager, change of owner etc. What have our current fanbase done to show they lack faith in our current board and DEMAND change? - virtually f**k all as far as I can tell - no protests, no meetings, no real effort (beyond a lot of hand wringing or endless moaning on here).
I''m not going to suggest what other fans should do if they are discontent with the board, personally I''m pleased we have them, they''ve made mistakes, lost opportunities, been slow to make changes and a number of other errors over the years, but generally it''s been more good than bad, they came in when we were in real trouble and helped keep us going, they''ve given a large chunk of their own wealth to the club over the years (which probably means far more to them, then spending 30mil on a new striker for Man City does to their owner who surely sees this as pocket change), and Delia even went back to do a new TV series and book purely to raise funds for the club. They have been committed to the community, are polite and personable to the fans, and genuinely feel they are doing the best they can for the club and with the right intentions in mind, but apparently all that means NOTHING because they''re not sitting on a cheque book the size of Fort Knox...
We are not some tinpot club that''s struggling to rub 2 pennies together to buy a new bag of balls and recruit the YT lad for the first team as some suggest is the state our finances are in, we''re not simply buying no-mark useless nobodies from the continent whilst pocketing the wealth from selling off talented youngsters, and this club is not going to be in League 2 within a couple of years either. We may not be back in the Prem this season, or maybe even next, but we''ll not be in liquidation or putting cringeworthy stars on our shirts either.
I have no problem with a cohesive argument and collective action if people think a change is needed, but that doesn''t mean taking cheap pot shots on a forum and turning every single discussion into either a childish playground slanging match or going into the woods to find yet another stick to beat the club with either.

[quote user="hogesar"]Headhunted?

Til also known as THE BOARD DESTROYER[/quote]
I am sure Fenway will be along shortly with a smiley emoticon.

Yes, we only want to hear an'' see really nice things said about the NCFC board and our ''community club''.....Those cacophonic Club critics, should just bleedin'' disappear from this fantastic forum, stop going to our games and take up or find an alternative hobby/interest/pursuit, when we play on our magnificent ''love in'' match days......

We only want true supporters posting and saying lovely nice things about our NCFC board and our community club on this pink ''un forum......So therefore, you negative Nancy non-entities, can just go forth, and multiply......Yup, you sure can!

Alternative opinion and club criticism is most unwelcome and unwanted here......We only want positive, patronising and self congratulatory back slapping posters.....and especially our pink ''un pseudo-intellectual smuggy smug smuggists - who quite rightly put those cringeworthy cowardly club critics in their rightful place......

Go away you non-conformist club critics and find something else to criticise and complain about......

Anyway, can I cajole any of my fellow club true supporters, into purchasing a prototype inflatable bright purple unicorn farting a glittering rainbow?.....It''s bespoke, as I have stuck an ''Action Man'' in a yellow an'' green flying suit with a purple helmet, that looks a bit like our bright purple unicorn farting glittering rainbow aerobatic display team leader (and 2 years a distinguished club director) ''Neppers'' "Top Gun Tom".....You can wave it about and do a ''Loop the Poop'' with it.....

Any takers?.......Club critics, need not apply!.....

👍 was for Indy, thanks for trying to drag me into this Til but I think you’ve got enough to do having been headhunted . Must be your experience in booking St Andrews Hall .....

You make some valid points Indy and yes they did step in and save the club. Unfortunately they also took us to the third tier of English football and appointed the Gunn club manager as 1st team coach.

I have met them and yes they are nice people but I do not believe that they are the people we need to drive forward the club. Not attacking their character just their record.

We are in a position now that has a financial black hole, same as when they took over, we are having to sell all of our best talent year in year out despite more money coming into the club in the last 10 years than at any period in my 45 years of following the team.

They have made mistake after mistake on the hiring and firing of managers (getting timings sooo wrong) and we have wasted so much on players because we did not have the correct scouting network or exprience in place (when Alex Neil arrived he stated as much)

I am sorry, but the Times interview clearly stated they would not sell and that Tom, a 30 something ex civil servant would inherit the club. I hope he is great at it but to not consider other options is criminal in my opinion.

So many of us see clubs like Leicester, Southampton, Wolves etc thriving or at the very least competing whilst we get weaker and weaker.

Unfortunately another season like last season will see the season ticket sales drop again and then you starting getting into Ip#wich scenario of there being no need to buy one as you can always get a ticket...

Hopefully the player buys in the next couple.of weeks will convince me otherwise.. us that want change could argue that others have their heads in the sand whilst the club we love falls further and further behind.... trust me nothing would give me.great pleasure than a successful 1st team with the current board still in place, just see no evidence for that to happen.

“So many of us see clubs like Leicester, Southampton, Wolves etc thriving or at the very least competing whilst we get weaker and weaker.”

It’s all cyclical Mike, it’s not that long ago two of those were in league one and there’s nothing to prove they will be in the prem in a couple of years time

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]👍 was for Indy, thanks for trying to drag me into this Til but I think you’ve got enough to do having been headhunted . Must be your experience in booking St Andrews Hall .....[/quote]
You did not take much dragging into the thread yesterday when i started it Joe as within ten minutes you came in with one of your usual insightful one liners when i post. Take a look back on page one.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“So many of us see clubs like Leicester, Southampton, Wolves etc thriving or at the very least competing whilst we get weaker and weaker.”

It’s all cyclical Mike, it’s not that long ago two of those were in league one and there’s nothing to prove they will be in the prem in a couple of years time[/quote]

This shows how radio rental this comparison thing is. All those clubs were in League One. Southampton actually for longer than us. And yet we are judged on that one season we were there. I''m now convinced much of this anti Smith & Jones stuff is just personal hatred. And what evidence is there that the people responsible for the atmosphere in previous seasons have stopped going?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]“So many of us see clubs like Leicester, Southampton, Wolves etc thriving or at the very least competing whilst we get weaker and weaker.”

It’s all cyclical Mike, it’s not that long ago two of those were in league one and there’s nothing to prove they will be in the prem in a couple of years time[/quote]

This shows how radio rental this comparison thing is. All those clubs were in League One. Southampton actually for longer than us. And yet we are judged on that one season we were there. I''m now convinced much of this anti Smith & Jones stuff is just personal hatred. And what evidence is there that the people responsible for the atmosphere in previous seasons have stopped going?[/quote]
As I posted a while back:

"You could make up a decent top flight out of clubs that have in

recent decades spent in the third tier: Villa, Man City, Stoke, Fulham,

Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, WBA, Birmingham, Wolves, QPR, Forest,

Leeds, Cardiff, Leicester, Burnley, Derby, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth,

Sheffield Utd, Southampton, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday and Preston.

And – finally - us." And now, since then, Sunderland.
A small proportion of fans on the internet agreeing with each other that Smith and Jones are almost uniquely bad owners with an almost unbroken catalogue of mistakes, saved only by the occasional bit of undeserved luck, does not make it true. Viewed overall, many of those clubs on that list would kill for the last two decades Norwich City have had.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 28/06/2018 8:14 PM:

FenwayFrank wrote:
“So many of us see clubs like Leicester, Southampton, Wolves etc thriving or at the very least competing whilst we get weaker and weaker.”

It’s all cyclical Mike, it’s not that long ago two of those were in league one and there’s nothing to prove they will be in the prem in a couple of years time

This shows how radio rental this comparison thing is. All those clubs were in League One. Southampton actually for longer than us. And yet we are judged on that one season we were there. I''m now convinced much of this anti Smith & Jones stuff is just personal hatred. And what evidence is there that the people responsible for the atmosphere in previous seasons have stopped going?

Missing the fact that those clubs owners were not the owners that put them in league 1 in the first place

"You could make up a decent top flight out of clubs that have in recent decades spent in the third tier: Villa, Man City, Stoke, Fulham, Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, WBA, Birmingham, Wolves, QPR, Forest, Leeds, Cardiff, Leicester, Burnley, Derby, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Sheffield Utd, Southampton, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday and Preston. And – finally - us." And now, since then, Sunderland.

A small proportion of fans on the internet agreeing with each other that Smith and Jones are almost uniquely bad owners with an almost unbroken catalogue of mistakes, saved only by the occasional bit of undeserved luck, does not make it true. Viewed overall, many of those clubs on that list would kill for the last two decades Norwich City have had.

Many of that list!! Really??

Missing the fact that our owners have guided us through arguably the most difficult 20 years in English League football unscathed except for one season in the third tier.

I’ve not missed any facts as I haven’t commented on the matter. I’ve merely pointed out the fact that the clubs mentioned are under different ownership to when in league 1, we’re not

I''d agree with the "many on that list" comment

Yes: Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Birmingham, Wolves, QPR, Forest, Leeds, Cardiff, Burnley, Derby, Portsmouth, Sheffield Utd, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston.

No: Villa, Man City, Stoke, Fulham, WBA, Leicester, Middlesbrough, Southampton, Sunderland.

Which just adds to my point that it''s personal hatred. That''s why that one season matters so much in our case. Because the owners stuck with it. Bizarre.

Surfer wrote the following post at 28/06/2018 9:14 PM:

Yes: Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Birmingham, Wolves, QPR, Forest, Leeds, Cardiff, Burnley, Derby, Portsmouth, Sheffield Utd, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston.

No: Villa, Man City, Stoke, Fulham, WBA, Leicester, Middlesbrough, Southampton, Sunderland.

Bolton in the last 2 decades have had many pl seasons, qualified for the uefa cup and finished top eight a few times and had a league cup final

Blackburn have had more PL seasons than us in the last two decades I believe, won the league cup and played in the uefa cup.

Leeds have played Champions league football in the last two decades

Cardiff’s record isn’t far from ours, ditto Wolves

Burnley have played PL football previously and find themselves there at the moment

Portsmouth had many successful PL seasons and won the FA cup also played in uefa cup

We’re Charlton not the model that we were envying to be due to their success in the PL in the last 2 decades?

Birmingham have had PL football in the last 2 decades and their record isn’t too different from ours.

Off that list I’d agree with Blackpool, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Derby, Forest, QPR and Preston

8 out of 25 is not “many”

[quote user="JF"]Surfer wrote the following post at 28/06/2018 9:14 PM:

Bolton in the last 2 decades have had many pl seasons, qualified for the uefa cup and finished top eight a few times and had a league cup final

Blackburn have had more PL seasons than us in the last two decades I believe, won the league cup and played in the uefa cup.

Leeds have played Champions league football in the last two decades

Cardiff’s record isn’t far from ours, ditto Wolves

Burnley have played PL football previously and find themselves there at the moment

Portsmouth had many successful PL seasons and won the FA cup also played in uefa cup

We’re Charlton not the model that we were envying to be due to their success in the PL in the last 2 decades?

Birmingham have had PL football in the last 2 decades and their record isn’t too different from ours.

Off that list I’d agree with Blackpool, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Derby, Forest, QPR and Preston

8 out of 25 is not “many”[/quote]
I cannot be bothered to go through it all but if you think Cardiff''s record of just one season in the Premier League in that time and no fewer than six seasons below the Championship is anywhere near close to Norwich City''s  I doubt you would find many Cardiff fans who would agree with you.

Cardiff played in the FA Cup Final in 2008 JF and of course Wigan who i don''t think got a mention had several seasons in the PL and won the FA Cup in 2013.

And that played in a Fa Cup final and a league Cup final which I would say balances that out from a game view and also find themselves back there now

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 28/06/2018 9:44 PM:

Cardiff played in the FA Cup Final in 2008 JF and of course Wigan who i don''t think got a mention had several seasons in the PL and won the FA Cup in 2013.

Yeah I just put that plus their league cup final but I didn’t put it in the original post as I presumed most football fans would have known