Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Bournemouth & Watford ' Allegedly ' Sniffing Around Jamal Lewis.

As i say allegedly and it says we have offered him a new contract and put a £10 million price tag on his head. You have certainly got to hope this has absolutely no legs whatsoever but a bid anywhere near £10 million and he will be gone make no mistake.

Absolutely Til... £10m and it will be "he wanted to go... it was too good an offer..."

Like you I really hope this is just paper talk...

Whilst I think we''d all prefer players like Lewis to stay, the sort of figures being suggested are very strong based on half a season in the Champs, and if anyone did come in with that sort of offer, I think we''d be hard pressed to refuse, even if it''s not as inevitable as the Maddison situation was.
However, it would also further compound the homegrown issue we''re perilously close to, and I really don''t want to think of us going into the new season with Husband as first choice with Steipermann as backup...

i think for the potential 10 million is cheap for a PL team left backs are hard to come by and one with such pace like lewis are even rarer

he is by the far the most valuable asset left

Here we go again.

The price of failure.

Let''s just sell everyone and get it all over with now.

L1 is where we belong. It''s obvious.

One could look at it in the very negative, panty pi$$ers way that Til et al are looking at it or one could say,"Wow. Isn''t it encouraging that we can bring a young player on to the extent that Prem teams are sniffing around and we can make money from our youth assets?"Afterall, that is what we''re trying to do now.

So what is the point of being a Norwich City supporter if you are just going to feed your players to other clubs without any curbs or restraints?

Might as well just cut up your season ticket right now.

Haha! Nice one Vince.Has he gone anywhere? Nope. Is it just paper talk right now? Yes.Have we managed our aim of developing youth players to sell on for large fees? Seems we''re heading that way.Can''t remember the last time (before the sale of Murphy''s etc) we had such a potentially exciting youth set-up.

I’d happily take £10m for Lewis. (Not that I think there is any truth to the rumours, just and agent wanting to get his client a little more money).

Jamal started great for Norwich and looked excellent against Chelsea but really tailed off towards the end of the season. While I’m sure he’ll progress £10m is a huge wad of cash for Norwich right now.

[quote user="BobLoz3"]One could look at it in the very negative, panty pi$$ers way that Til et al are looking at it or one could say,"Wow. Isn''t it encouraging that we can bring a young player on to the extent that Prem teams are sniffing around and we can make money from our youth assets?"Afterall, that is what we''re trying to do now.
[/quote]
What exactly was a '' panty pi$$ers '' way of looking at it then as merely reported what has been printed by Archant and do you seriously think we would say no to anything approaching £10 million ?
I would rather hope we built a team around Jamal Lewis to push us up the table but i get the impression you are quite happy for us to churn over young players from the Academy and tread water from your '' make money from our youth assets '' comment.

Lewis is a much better wing back than left back but he''s obviously got loads of room to develop.

If he went though I think fans would rightly be hacked off.

Its weird... I think the academy is there to produce exciting young talent to improve our team and others think its to raise money... selling players for large fees doesn''t excite me like others on here... each to their own..

Given our recent and current record of either selling off, or if you prefer letting go, almost every decent player we have on the books, it''s an absolute no brainer.

If true then anywhere near £10 million and he will be sold. Yes it’s very good money for a player that’s had half a Championship season but where do you draw the line? At some point we have to show some ambition to want to challenge for promotion again. Hopefully it’s just paper talk

Well that would be a lot harder to say no to than the supposed £3m for Godfrey. Would expect us to keep hold of an English, club grown player that is first choice in his position though. Especially after Murphy was sold.

He will be classed as home grown, as he has trained in this country. Doesn''t matter about what international team he ends up playing for.

Although, I do love the pungent smell of stale urine emitting from my yellow boxers on a hot summer evening......

If 10 million is offered for Jamal......sell Sell SELL!......

The club''s got our season ticket money for 2018/19 anyway, so anger, protest and fan dissent is futile......

We have the most finest Board of Directors in the Football Championship and Mr Webber knows what''s required. Mr Webber will replace Jamal with a cheaper hidden diamond for that I''m sure.....Coupled with our Manager Daniel and a sleeping gargantuan giant of a squad - they''ll make the support of this well run community club, mighty, mighty proud!......

It''s just a shame that I''m actually a compulsive liar.....PAARP!.....

If we''ve slapped a £10m price tag in the hope it will deter a PL buyer Webber is clearly deluded or it just confirms anyone and everyone is up for sale. Jamal is an outstanding talent and we need to do everything to keep him.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Whoops, he isn''t English is he despite the fact he was born in Luton.
[/quote]He''s Northern Irish and has been capped by them.
According to the Pink ''Un, presumably in view of these reports, we are in the process of offering him a new contract.

£10 million for a 20 year old left back who has played 24 first team games in half a season? ANY team in the Championship-and most in the Premiership-would sell if an offer like that came in. Anyone who says otherwise is not being honest with themselves-and probably has some sort of agenda against the club/owners/board/manager.

The Pinkun does NOT say that we''ve offered him a new contract. It says that he signed a new contract in July 2017 (presumably for 4 years) with an option for an additional year, and "it is understood City are yet to offer Lewis a new deal". What they reported was the claim Geoff Peters made re Jamal via Twitter.

Worth pointing out that Geoff Peters works for TalkSh!te.

Amazing how people get their knickers in a twist over a bit of media chatter, it''s almost as if they are sitting with phone / keyboard in hand just waiting to be outraged by something.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Firesale, continued.[/quote]It''s not a firesale as we have no NEED to sell players like Lewis, but if clubs are going to offer crazy money then we (and every other club not bankrolled by a multi-billionaire) are likely to take it.
Funny how when Southampton were selling the likes of Bale (5 mil), Oxlade-Chamberlain (12 mil), Shaw (27 mil), Chambers (16 mil), Lovren (20 mil), Lallana (25 mil), Schneiderlin (25 mil) and a number of others (e.g. Mane) for top money, nobody was claiming they were either tinpot, selling off their young talent or ''having a firesale'', yet we sell a couple of players and suddenly you''d think the farking crown jewels had been let go for ten bob and a bag of conkers...

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Firesale, continued.[/quote]
You have become that most absurd thing - your own tribute band.

Thisisbabyish wrote the following post at 27/06/2018 7:22 PM:

I''ll drive him anywhere for 5m!

10m! 😂

Sounds expensive. A taxi would only cost him a couple of hundred quid or he could just drive his no doubt luxury car.