Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Teemu Pukki

[quote user="Woodman"]OK Waveney - rather than moaning about Pukki, who do you think we should sign? Be specific: not just ''someone we''ve all heard of''.

I''ll start you off: "I think we should sign because..."

We''ll all wait with baited breath...[/quote]

As we have plenty of cash I would like us to show ambition and go for Mates Vydra with a Chris Martin back up instead of the Finn

As with all purchases you never know how they will turn out. Even the top clubs paying huge amounts sometimes find they have got it wrong. It''s not a players playing history necessarily (Grant Holt didn''t exactly set the world on fire at Forest) it is the ability of the manager to see potential including if he will fit in with the team''s style of play. For that reason rather than just criticising it is important to give any new purchase the benefit of the doubt and see how it goes.......

[quote user="Rick OShea "]Progress doesn''t happen by burying your head in the sand and hoping things will be ok folks

If a Turkey looks like a turkey, walks like a turkey and sounds like a turkey it''s a turkey 🦃

There is nothing to say he is a suitable goal scorer[/quote]
It could be a chicken doing impressions. Or a dwarf ostrich. Maybe a pug-ugly duck.

Matej Vydra is reportedly going to Leeds for, wait for it, 11 million pounds. Do we have that sort of money Waveney?

Good try Waveney - Vydra is on the verge of an £11m move to Leeds (with a salary package to match the fee no doubt). I''m not sure you''ve grasped the financial situation at Carrow Road.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/01/derby-leave-matej-vydra-home-11m-move-leeds-edges-closer/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

And Chris Martin? You mean 30 year old Chris Martin, who used to play for us? Again, I''m not sure you''re following how the club is evolving.

Solidarity amongst those from Beccles Rick? Martin is not who we need now..

Vydra being sold to balance Derbys FFP needs having "gone for it" two seasons running now and now need income to stay the right side of the 60% threshold or face a probable transfer embargo. £11m is a ludicrous price for one seasons success given his age; McCormack showed that one hot season is no guarantee of success.

Mind you I thought only idiot clubs sold to rivals in the same league?

[quote user="andrew norwichcity"]Vydra has more than one season of success in his record... Let''s not be silly here.[/quote]That''s right, it''s 2 so far (at least in the last FIVE years).
17/18 - 21 goals in 42 apps
16/17 - 5 goals in 34 apps
15/16 - 3 goals in 31 apps
14/15 - 16 goals in 42 apps
13/14 - 3 goals in 23 apps
So 17/18 was great and 14/15 was good, the rest were pretty s**t if we''re being honest, and if one of us was suggesting a player who scored 8 goals in 2 years, Waveney would be laughing his backside off at them - especially if we were paying 11mil in the process!

We gravedigging today? This is a fun one.

On 30/06/2018 at 14:58, norfolkbroadslim said:

Selling players for many millions and replacing them with loan players and freebies. 

It doesn''t take a genius to work out how that will end up!