Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Teemu Pukki

[quote user="star_manic"]So what are you doing then? Oh, that''s right, making things up so you can be a negative ranter. I pretty much do not come on this site now because of ignorant turds like you. You will obviously have never seen him play, but you already have a vitriolic (look it up) negativity against him, anything to be the keyboard warrior[/quote]

Ignore ^^^ Plastic fan never goes near the Carra

i find it difficult to assess the value of signing this player. there are some good pointers and some not so good.

i would hope, however, that the signing of pukki doesn''t constitute that striker input that we have been anticipating since before the summer break.

perhaps this week will reveal the fate of the much loved oliveira in order to clarify matters.

a more prolific strike force in place for the coming season will be a fundamental requirement in we are to embark upon a successful campaign, imo, as everything else seems to be falling into place apart from this most difficult aspect of squad formation.

i repeat that i, for one, would hope that the club pushes the boat out in order to obtain the right man, not least because the support needs some encouragement in view of the sale of last season''s main goalscorers and also because of the number of years since we have had a proper talisman leading the attack, which are mounting up.

Ricky, Webber signed unheard of players at Huddersfield, and they''re now in premisership, as quite a few turned out to be pretty good.

Your level of negativity is quite astounding, given we''ve not even seen these guys play for us yet!

If we''re ten games in and all''s gone pear-shaped you are within your rights to be negative as it will be based on fact.

Else go sit in a dull grey room and think of being in a better place.

Marshall is proven at this level, Buendi looks exciting. Maclean also looks a good prospect and Leitner has chance to show his quality, which we know he''s got. Tukki clearly knows where the net and if he can replicate that for us (and hoping we''re still in hunt for other strikers too) things are looking up, as we comfortably held most teams last season, just couldn''t score for toffee

He couldn''t make it in the Scottish league

He isn''t untried. In a dominant Celtic team he couldn''t make it in that league

Don''t let the facts get in the way of you guys happy clapping 👏

It''s the inevitable whinging that gets you. Day after day the Waveney''s were whining that we needed to start buying strikers. Out of the blue we buy a striker. Then day after day the Waveney''s start whinging that the striker isn''t good enough (ignoring the fact that nobody knows much about him).
And it doesn''t matter what divison, how much money, what manager or what player we get, the Waveney''s will whinge! And my God, do they whinge. Christmas mornings must be an absolute nightmare at their homes.

Look at his Celtic record ( the closest in standard to our league) and tell me we have found our 20 a season striker

It''s not a whinge it''s stating statistical fact

He scored a goal once every 136 mins in the Bundesliga for Shalke - if he played every min of a championship season at that scoring rate he’d score 30 goals.

Obviously this analysis is as worthless as looking at how many goals he scored for Celtic or Brondby - but as everyone else is having a go I thought I would too.

I''m gonna give the guy a chance... But it''s a fact he didn''t play against the level of opposition he will face at Championship level while he was at Brondby!

Statistics are there to be broken! It is up to the coach to get everything out of him. Just like Lambert did with Holty etc... Just like every player we sign...I''m gonna give him some time to prove himself. Yet realistically these are not signings that match the level of player Madders or Pritchard are... Marshall has proven himself at this level , so I feel more comfortable with him in the squad

Apples link -

Interesting from Neil Lennon -

Neil Lennon admits the trouble with Teemu Pukki at Celtic

was his withdrawn personality. However, the Hibs manager is far from willing to

concede the £3 million Finnish striker’s time with Celtic was a 
write-off. The

pair will be reunited this week when Brondby, where Pukki is now, travel to

face Hibs for a Europa League qualifying round tie. Lennon, appointed Hibs

manager earlier this summer, is relishing an encounter in which he knows Hibs

have little to lose. Part of the appeal is catching up again with Pukki, who

scored nine times in 38 appearances for Celtic
when Lennon was manager. Lennon

knows Hibs will need to beware someone who, on his day, could be described as a

quiet assassin. But the manager also stressed that Pukki’s struggles at

Parkhead underlines how it is possible to contain him. Garry Parker, Lennon’s

assistant, watched Pukki, pictured, score twice in Brondby’s 6-0 win over Valur

on Thursday night, when the Danish side secured a tie with Hibs. But Lennon

will remind his defenders they have no reason to be scared of the striker, just

as they have no reason to feel intimidated by Brondby. “They are not

Barcelona,” he said. Furthermore, Lennon implied, Pukki is no Henrik Larsson.

“Listen, he is not going to turn into Superman just because he has got a move

to Brondby,” he said. “He still has the same attributes; good feet, okay with

his back to goal and he will go in behind as well. “He has never been the most

physical of players, he was never that type. He will be a similar sort of

player as what you saw at Celtic but maybe a bit more comfortable in the

Scandinavian environment. “He’s not the first person to come to Glasgow and not

hit the ground running,” added Lennon. “He is a quiet boy. He had a few injury

problems as well and at a club like Celtic, when you’re brought in for money,

you have to score goals. “And he wasn’t really an out-and-out goalscorer. He

played within himself a little bit, I thought. He didn’t really show his

capabilities. “He’s very quiet. I don’t know if it was too big for him because

he had been at Sevilla and at Schalke, so he had been at big clubs. He was

never prolific but we felt he had the qualities we wanted but he would maybe

say he never got the chance to show that on a consistent basis.” Whether Pukki

should be put in the same bracket as misfit Celtic strikers such as Stefan

Scepovic, Mo Bangura and Morten Rasmussen, Lennon is not so sure. “I think his

time probably was harshly assessed,” he said. “He did okay but I wouldn’t say

he was a complete disaster. But he may feel he didn’t get enough chances, which

maybe is fair.”

So. a few injury issues, not given enough chances, difficulty settling - but still scored goals.

The word ''Pukki'' is, apparently, the Finnish for ''Goat''...So, he''s either the Greatest Of All Time or we will have to feed the Pukki and he''ll score.Not sure whether either of these will work out but pleased with the signing!

That''ll be a first then.

The only thing time has told us over & over again is that you''re a complete & utter tw@t.

No worries LDC, great minds think alike! :-)

Actually I think I only just beat everyone else on the board to it (less the few hundred Waveney aliases of course)

Yes, sounds that way Icecream... But who will it be? Will we actually spend some money on a player? I think it''s widely agreed that we''d like someone such as Marriott although I have no idea how we''re going to go about it (and neither does anyone else, even though the usual suspects on here like to pretend they do!)Perhaps we could ask Barry Fry if we could pay for Marriott over 40 years like he suggested to McNally Posh would do for Cody Mac!

Progress doesn''t happen by burying your head in the sand and hoping things will be ok folks

If a Turkey looks like a turkey, walks like a turkey and sounds like a turkey it''s a turkey 🦃

There is nothing to say he is a suitable goal scorer

Just going by the name alone he sounds like a fat boy who''s been on too many pies.

He also complained about the physical nature and speed of Scottish football. Well, if that is the case then the Championship will be way too much for him.

Anyone signed on a free must be highly dubious. Just typical of Norwich - they sell 3 players for a total of £36.3m then bring in a striker on a free. The Board must really think fans were born yesterday to make that one wash.

Delia out.

Look at that above, everyone! I didn''t think it was possible to stack $h1t but clearly it is!

OK Waveney - rather than moaning about Pukki, who do you think we should sign? Be specific: not just ''someone we''ve all heard of''.

I''ll start you off: "I think we should sign because..."

We''ll all wait with baited breath...