Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Teemu Pukki

There may have been no fee but I doubt he''s less expensive than some of the permanent signings for which we paid a fee. Certainly won''t be cost nothing/no risk signing.

The issue with a club like Celtic is that while he was there they were very much long-ball merchants - if, as DF says, he is more of a technical player it may well suit our style much more.

I''ve never seen him nor heard of him before today - but he''s played 60+ international games for Finland - he can''t be a complete mug!I''ll reserve judgement until I''ve seen him a few times, but like the fact that he is apparently quick and can play out wide as well.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The issue with a club like Celtic is that while he was there they were very much long-ball merchants - if, as DF says, he is more of a technical player it may well suit our style much more.[/quote]Madison didn''t think much of the standard in Scotland - compared it to league one and didn''t want his loan renewed.

There may have been no fee but I doubt he''s less expensive than some of the permanent signings for which we paid a fee. Certainly won''t be cost nothing/no risk signing.

Very true Nutty as no Fee i imagine his signing on fee was quite high also maybe a increase on wages due to no fee been at some good clubs so hopefully will be good here

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mike "][quote user="TIL 1010"]I will not make a judgement based on Wikipedia or Youtube but when i see him play in the yellow and green. He has not signed to sit on the bench so surely this spells the end of Nelson which means another striker is required .
[/quote]

Yep.... Hopefully head and shoulders above Srbeny...[/quote]
That is not setting the bar very high Mike. [:D]
[/quote]

Chris Sutton has just said on twitter he was rubbish for Celtic but hopes he is better at Norwich. Ahem to that...

I hope he gets 20+ goals and Dennis chips in too . Point is your going to be very lucky to have a successful season spending peanuts or getting free transfers . If that was a formula for success every team would be at it .

Yeah that no-hope ex tyre-fitter was a complete joke wasn''t he. Oh, & that unproven kid from Coventry, he was far too cheap to be any good.

Pay peanuts get monkeys etc. etc.

There is no formula for success. You''ll probably do better if you can afford players like Ronaldo, but at our level (RvW, Naismith) it''s always a gamble.

Too many variables. So like The Man says "always gamble responsibly..."

• Like 1

Physically for sure looks more of a Grant Holt than a RVW, probably been on the Pukki Pies since his Celtic days (someone had to say that). Certainly has a decent scoring record at Brondby, maybe a settled guy at a club for a few seasons helps.
Looking at our new permanents, Leitner and Buendia look technical and creative, Marshall and McLean i think are two smashing signings and will be important for us this coming season. None of us know how Pukki will will get on, but if he had his worst spell seasons ago at Celtic (8 in 37?), even that is at least comparable to Olly here last season.
Probably it for permanents i would imagine, maybe a loan or two to come a bit later.

[quote user="Rick Arsehole "]Never heard of him and cheap as chips

Another Sir Benny I fear.[/quote]

IGNORE

[quote user="THICK RICK "]Incredible that the happy clappers are seeing how good a fit this guys is when we hadn''t even heard of him 2 hours ago[/quote]

IGNORE

[quote user="P Rick"]The real question is where has all the cash gone that we have taken in![/quote]

IGNORE

[quote user="One TRick Pony "][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Seen Celtic fans soiling themselves with laughter at us signing this chap. D*gsh*te, was a recurring adjective.

Based on this, it’s clear we’ve signed a dud. All that money and we’re still spending nothing. Where does the money go?[/quote]

My view entirely who has trousered the proceeds of the sales. Self funding club my ar$e[/quote]

IGNORE

[quote user="Rick The Dick "][quote user="Keith Scott"]According to Wiki, He found the speed and physical nature of the game in Scotland difficult to adjust to, and stated "Scottish football is not easy. It’s not a bad league at all" Hmmmm[/quote]

A very worrying quote we clearly have bought yet another Turkey 🦃[/quote]

IGNORE

[quote user="Another BRick in the wall "][quote user="TIL 1010"]I will not make a judgement based on Wikipedia or Youtube but when i see him play in the yellow and green. He has not signed to sit on the bench so surely this spells the end of Nelson which means another striker is required .[/quote]

A bit of LDC happy clapping from Tilly[/quote]

IGNORE

If Farke deems Pukki to have ‘ smart movements’ then it’s good enough for me.

Anyway, who needs a free-scoring forward when possession is the key to success.....

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman"]That is good KC[Y]
[/quote]
[Y]......unless his name is pronounced pooki........
[/quote]
As an expert in the Finnish language it definitely rhymes with lucky[;)]

I wonder if the Danish Superliga is comparable to League 1 when comparing his goal scoring of 1 every 2.1 games against Marriott''s 1 every 1.7 games.

I also wonder if we are still after Rhodes (if ever we were) Seems Pukki and Rhodes are similar box/poacher type players, Pukki clearly being miles cheaper.

Let''s hope Webber unearthed a gem.

Lets remember Holt had only done well at lower, but as a natural goalscorer did equally well at each high level he played. Maybe this guy can do similar

Have just watched this guys goals from 2016/17 on YouTube. The defending is non existent. It looks like League 2 standard to me. But we haven''t paid a fee and I doubt if he has been signed with a view to going straight into the team. If he has been signed as a first choice striker then we may have a problem......

[quote user="Samwam27"]I also wonder if we are still after Rhodes (if ever we were) Seems Pukki and Rhodes are similar box/poacher type players, Pukki clearly being miles cheaper.

Let''s hope Webber unearthed a gem.

Lets remember Holt had only done well at lower, but as a natural goalscorer did equally well at each high level he played. Maybe this guy can do similar[/quote]

That''s not strictly true. Holt was deemed a failure at Forest where Calderwood played him on the wing, and he didn''t score many for them (about 1 every 4 games) plus he failed at every club he joined after he left us. I''m not sure that makes Holt a natural goalscorer - but he was the guy prepared to bust a gut to score a goal and Lambert played to and developed his strength. Everyone else hated Holt - just the type you need in your team.

We have to hope that Parke will do the same with this guy.

There was a

What is worrying about how bad this player is, is just not the fact we will struggle for goals next season but what has gone so fundamentally wrong with the scouting at the club

Something else that has clearly gone backwards

You really couldn''t make this stuff up

So what are you doing then? Oh, that''s right, making things up so you can be a negative ranter. I pretty much do not come on this site now because of ignorant turds like you. You will obviously have never seen him play, but you already have a vitriolic (look it up) negativity against him, anything to be the keyboard warrior