Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Teemu Pukki

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="lake district canary"]
Plenty of goal scoring capability here -
Dare I say it - he''s got a touch of the Holt''s about him.....
[/quote]

Looks like he has a cool head on him - and he loves the low shot into the corner. Not sure about standard of the opposition but a big upgrade or Srebeny[/quote]
Some of the defending is awful, so who knows, but he does seem to be cool, certainly self-confident, and perhaps even with a touch of arrogrance. And, as another poster said, with just that knack of getting the ball in the net no matter how. Perhaps a bit of a street-fighter. I can''t do links, but this is his goal against  Spain in a World Cup qualifier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1n7TZ3zco

From the Youtube pictures from Bronby, he seems quick and strong and with a very good touch. I think that the CR faithful will enjoy him!

My Cousin is Finnish - he says "Oh wow, he''s well good, for a Finnish player". I have no idea if that''s a good thing or not.

He reminds me a bit of RVW actually but hes a free transfer and we are a league below so perhaps at this level he will produce the goods. Had a storming last 2 seasons to be fair.

I''d noticed the similarities to RVW but didn''t want to curse him by mentioning it.
To be honest the way we''re aiming to play now should suit this type of player more than back then. Exciting times.
Thinking about it Marshall is a Snodgrass type player, hopefully Teemu gets the pens.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]
I''d noticed the similarities to RVW but didn''t want to curse him by mentioning it.
To be honest the way we''re aiming to play now should suit this type of player more than back then. Exciting times.
Thinking about it Marshall is a Snodgrass type player, hopefully Teemu gets the pens.
[/quote]
No he isn''t, he can play at the back, he likes getting the crossing in for others and doesn''t go on endless dribbles.   Having had Snodgrass, Redmond, the Murphys, all lacking that instinct, preferring to try and do it themselves, this is the kind of player we have been missing for some time.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]Thinking about it Marshall is a Snodgrass type player[/quote]No he isn''t, he can play at the back, he likes getting the crossing in for others and doesn''t go on endless dribbles.[/quote]Lakey, have you some sort of device that buzzes in your ear whenever Snoddy is mentioned on this site?
[:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Lakey, have you some sort of device that buzzes in your ear whenever Snoddy is mentioned on this site?[/quote]I sent him the design after I built a similar one to let me know when RvW was mentioned... [;)]

When you look at the goals he scores and the type of chances we missed too often last season hopefully he is the type of player we need.

Fingers crossed. The only nagging doubt is his record at Celtic want great and the feedback on his from their suggests he’s not a big character who can go into his shell a bit.

It''s a very warm day; [:D]
My likening him to Snodgrass was more based off what I''ve read than what I''ve seen tbh. Not the quickest, technically good, great delivery from open play and a dead ball. Have seen Wolves fans say that he''s wasted at wingback because he''s so good when it comes to attacking.
Redmond and Snodgrass were obviously both instructed to cut inside and shoot whenever possible by Hughton. Lets not get into this again though.

Let''s be honest, montages are pointless. From seeing him play only a couple of times the main attribute he offers different to others on our books is pace to run in behind. If Farke etc are confident he suits the system and that turns out to be true then great purchase.

Marshall is a similar style winger to Snodgrass contrary to what LDC says. And if hes half as good as him we will have made a good decision to buy him.

Seen Celtic fans soiling themselves with laughter at us signing this chap. D*gsh*te, was a recurring adjective.

Based on this, it’s clear we’ve signed a dud. All that money and we’re still spending nothing. Where does the money go?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Seen Celtic fans soiling themselves with laughter at us signing this chap. D*gsh*te, was a recurring adjective.

Based on this, it’s clear we’ve signed a dud. All that money and we’re still spending nothing. Where does the money go?[/quote]

My view entirely who has trousered the proceeds of the sales. Self funding club my ar$e

According to Wiki, He found the speed and physical nature of the game in Scotland difficult to adjust to, and stated "Scottish football is not easy. It’s not a bad league at all" Hmmmm

[quote user="Keith Scott"]According to Wiki, He found the speed and physical nature of the game in Scotland difficult to adjust to, and stated "Scottish football is not easy. It’s not a bad league at all" Hmmmm[/quote]

A very worrying quote we clearly have bought yet another Turkey 🦃

Surprised it took someone that long to mention the Wikipedia quote, Keith.

Slightly concerning. Will give the guy a chance but he’s never set the world alight anywhere and has never played long (or scored many) at any decent club. However if Schalke (and Sevilla) saw enough to give him a chance then he must have a bit of quality.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Seen Celtic fans soiling themselves with laughter at us signing this chap. D*gsh*te, was a recurring adjective.

Based on this, it’s clear we’ve signed a dud. All that money and we’re still spending nothing. Where does the money go?[/quote]
Well it was 4/5 years ago, so he''s had time to bulk up a bit more.
Will be interesting to see how he fits into the squad. Farke''s system''s don''t tend to play two strikers, I''m hoping he''s the Rhodes replacement, the poacher coming off the bench, and we''re still to sign another major striker. Hoping. Really hoping.

I will not make a judgement based on Wikipedia or Youtube but when i see him play in the yellow and green. He has not signed to sit on the bench so surely this spells the end of Nelson which means another striker is required .

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I will not make a judgement based on Wikipedia or Youtube but when i see him play in the yellow and green. He has not signed to sit on the bench so surely this spells the end of Nelson which means another striker is required .[/quote]

Yep.... Hopefully head and shoulders above Srbeny...

Well from the videos he is used to playing in yellow, green and black so should feel right at home in our kits. Does seem to be bulkier than when at Celtic as well. Interesting.

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="TIL 1010"]I will not make a judgement based on Wikipedia or Youtube but when i see him play in the yellow and green. He has not signed to sit on the bench so surely this spells the end of Nelson which means another striker is required .
[/quote]

Yep.... Hopefully head and shoulders above Srbeny...[/quote]
That is not setting the bar very high Mike. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I will not make a judgement based on Wikipedia or Youtube but when i see him play in the yellow and green. He has not signed to sit on the bench so surely this spells the end of Nelson which means another striker is required .[/quote]

A bit of LDC happy clapping from Tilly

Saw this thread earlier and didn’t open it because it looked a load of nonsense! Didn’t realise the title was even a players name! Good that we have a new forward, let’s pray he knows where the net is and that we create the chances

Good pedigree of clubs (Schalke, Celtic, Brondby). Good scoring record at each, great scoring record at Brondby (better than a goal every 2 games), good international record with goals against top sides (Spain/Czech Republic), prime age, free transfer....literally nothing to dislike here.

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 30/06/2018 6:53 PM:

I doubt that Monty, someone will soon find something to moan about

Too late, the usual suspects have already hung drawn and quartered him based on a few wiki comments. Ridiculous doesn''t come close - at least most sensible people will wait and see what he does for us before deciding

Mmm! Can''t really go wrong financially with a free but obviously results on the pitch can.

Wish the guy all the very best but can''t help but think there might be another striker in yet with olive oil out.

If this guy is to replace NO then they must believe they can replicate his success at Brondby.