Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Teemu Pukki

A new striker at last........
Norwich City are delighted

to announce that striker Teemu Pukki will join the club on a free

transfer from July 1, subject to international clearance.

Pukki, 28, signs a three-year deal with

the Canaries after spending the last four seasons playing for Danish

Superliga side Brondby.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/june/pukki-signs/

why was he free i ask myself and the answer seems to be that his contract had run out and new terms were not agreed.

were brondby hard up i ask myself, or did they not think him worth keeping. clearly we are at least wealthier than brondby ... whoopi.

quite like the sound of him though and could he be the missing link in farke''s system.

we could still fork out a few bob on a.n.other striker as he cost nothing.

just one decent signing to make up for the sales surely.

now marriott, pukki and dennis as choices up front would mean a successful summer and evoke positivity, imo.

no upper case on my chromebook following a slight beer spillage ... any solutions apart from buying a new one.

That came out of nowhere.

Seems to have bounced around a bit but looking at some of the clubs he''s played for (Seville, Schalke) he must have a certain amount of pedigree.

Big plus is us getting deals over the line early giving these players a proper chance to bed in.

We really need to get Marshall over the line though as I''m increasingly concerned about the home grown player situation.

Absolutely out of nowhere.
Don''t know much about him - his youtube montages are interesting. Seems to be a fox in the box type poacher and scores a lot of scrappy goals. Shows some wonderful vision for some of the assists too.
On the face of it, exactly what we were looking for. Someone who will pile into the box at every opportunity and feed off scraps, and score the tap ins and scrappy goals rather than drifting out wide looking for the ball and leaving an empty 18 yard box like CamJam and Nelson tended to do. 
Doesnt fit the lone striker mould at all though for the way we played last season, so will be interesting to see where Farke plays him, or whether we change to 2 up top.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Plenty of goal scoring capability here -
Dare I say it - he''s got a touch of the Holt''s about him.....
[/quote]

Looks like he has a cool head on him - and he loves the low shot into the corner. Not sure about standard of the opposition but a big upgrade or Srebeny

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]
Not got the build to be a Holt type.
Looks to me to be more of a Mark Robins type.
[/quote]
More in attitude than physique. Always finds a way of getting the ball in the net.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]
Not got the build to be a Holt type.
Looks to me to be more of a Mark Robins type.
[/quote]
Although probably quicker than Robbins, and doing more outside the penalty area perhaps. About 12 and a half stone and 5ft 11ins, seemingly, so I doubt this is the player we are getting instead, for example, of Ducksch.

@LDC

If you''re watching a montage of a players goals of course they ''always find a way of getting the ball in the net.''

Lets maybe pump the breaks on the Holt comparisons off a youtube montage.

According to Wiki he''s only 5''9". The only still pic I can find shows him somewhere between 5''6" & 6''3". But judging him to be closer to the latter I''d say 5''11" is about right.

[quote user="king canary"]@LDC

If you''re watching a montage of a players goals of course they ''always find a way of getting the ball in the net.''

Lets maybe pump the breaks on the Holt comparisons off a youtube montage.[/quote]
You can tell quite alot about the attitude of a player by watching montages - the guy plays with a smile on his face, gets in the face of defenders, makes goal scoring look easy and scores all types of goal, head, either foot inside and outside the area.  Ok, he hasn''t done it in the championship yet, but looks the business - and Brondby are a good club.

It is only a you tube clip but strangely I’m p,eased the goals mainly seem to be one on ones, breaking through or just finishing ‘easy’ close goals. Not an abundance of ‘worldies ‘.

Bet you could make an awesome montage of Oliveira fantastic shots outside the box. I think what we need is a guy who puts himself about and finishes more chances than he misses. Know his job and isn’t looking to be flash.

They’re the qualities Holt brought and we can only hope and pray this guy ends up being half the player Holt was.

Good montage here-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGbUMQ179SA

This striker scores a variety of goals, seems to work hard and always finds a way to get the ball in the net.

Quite like the sound if this one. We need a striker who''s going to be in and around the 6 yard area, not out wide or deep as is often the case with Olive.

Not sure what the loanees have to moan about with this signing..

There are 1000s of players in the world we have never heard of but doesn''t mean they r rubbish.

He isn''t a young unproven guy from an under 21 team. He''s in his prime.has a good scoring record incl intnl,altho admittedly not prolific but has to be an improvement to what we already have and for free.. .

Incredible how you are writing him off having never seen him play or having heard of him!

Not sure why I should be considered a happy clapper just for hoping our new striker may do well!!

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Quite like the sound if this one. We need a striker who''s going to be in and around the 6 yard area, not out wide or deep as is often the case with Olive.[/quote]

If only it was this simple. Strikers come deep when they are starved if the ball if he''s the type of striker who only does anything in the box the team are going to have to change approach (not necessarily a bad thing) otherwise it''ll be like playing with 10 men. However i can honestly say i know nothing about this player.