Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Is this the end for Pinto?

Passlack and Marshall both in who can play right wing back, Aarons looking poised to step up, does this mean Ivo is off?

I like Pinto as a character by from very early on it was apparent he was poor defensively relying on his pace to get him out of scrapes. Going forwards his pace makes him look threatening but the crossing is of a pretty low standard. Wages wise I think we might be better off without.

Yes I''ve come round to that thinking too. I was delighted when we signed him on the basis he wasn''t Steven Whittaker and he was an improvement but think his time is up here.

Raises the question of who replaces him as Captain though.

Given how we publicly pursued Ebuhi (confirmed as a key target by Webber in a club Q&A session) , then allegedly on Avest, it''s clear the club have been targeting a new right back for a long while.
I assume he must be off.

The fact that Reed was getting picked over Pinto towards the end of the season was another indicator that he would likely be leaving soon.

[quote user="king canary"]Passlack and Marshall both in who can play right wing back, Aarons looking poised to step up, does this mean Ivo is off?[/quote]

Looks like it.... just hope this new lad can cut it in the Championship.

[quote user="Mike "]Looks like it.... just hope this new lad can cut it in the Championship.[/quote]Good enough for Dortmund and the Champs League, but you''re unsure if he''s good enough for us in the Champs...jesus wept.

Won''t miss Pinto and his wayward crossing - he was almost as bad as Murphy - maybe our strikers will get some decent service from out wide at last

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Mike "]Looks like it.... just hope this new lad can cut it in the Championship.[/quote]Good enough for Dortmund and the Champs League, but you''re unsure if he''s good enough for us in the Champs...jesus wept.[/quote]

He played 14 mins in the Bundesliga last season and has obviously lost his way but was highly thought of so hopefully he can find his form again.. he is not current good enough for the champs league or he would be playing in it next season. Potential a decent signing. Proof will be how he plays. Just stating facts.

Good servant, likeable player, gives his all. Move seems very likely and if so, wish him nothing but the best. Obligado Ivo

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Mike "]Looks like it.... just hope this new lad can cut it in the Championship.[/quote]Good enough for Dortmund and the Champs League, but you''re unsure if he''s good enough for us in the Champs...jesus wept.
[/quote]
Played against the mighty Warsaw and Sporting Lisbon in the CL and then didn''t get near their team last year. Not saying they''d throw just anybody in in a CL game but he''s clearly gone off the boil. Suppose that''s not a bad thing for us as Trybull and Leitner were in comparable situations but have looked good. Also anybody that''s played right through the German youth system over the last 6 or 7 years is probably not too bad.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Mike "]Looks like it.... just hope this new lad can cut it in the Championship.[/quote]Good enough for Dortmund and the Champs League, but you''re unsure if he''s good enough for us in the Champs...jesus wept.
[/quote]
Played against the mighty Warsaw and Sporting Lisbon in the CL and then didn''t get near their team last year. Not saying they''d throw just anybody in in a CL game but he''s clearly gone off the boil. Suppose that''s not a bad thing for us as Trybull and Leitner were in comparable situations but have looked good. Also anybody that''s played right through the German youth system over the last 6 or 7 years is probably not too bad.
[/quote]

I agree and hopefully he will help us improve on last year

Why does everyone assume Pinto is off and away? Passlack im sure has been brought in as cover. A few to many also assuming Aarons is ready or almost ready for the first team squad. The lad is 18 and may need some more development yet. Marshall has been said can fill in at RB, but im sure that would only happen if we had serious injury concerns in that position.
I see no reason why Pinto, as like Klose, cannot  fulfill his final year at City as a regular in the first team squad.

Pinto is a curates egg; we win far more games with him start than without (we only won 1 with reed starting there) despite his clear defensive frailties.

I wouldnt be concerned whether he stays or goes to be honest

Pinto also played in the champions league of course, which in the eyes of some people makes him, absolutely suited to our league.....

A defender with defensive frailties. Says it all really. Love his energy and commitment but would prefer it if he could stop the odd cross coming in now and again.

With the RB cover we now have, his performances that meant Reed was preferred over him last year, the very decent wages he''s on and the fact that he will walk away for free if we keep him for his final year means it''s a no brainer that we will want to move him on.

Who is going to pay a fee for him remains a mystery in my eyes.

I think his ‘defensive frailties’ are overstated. He is certainly more than good enough for a Championship right back and he isn’t that bad a defender.

His physicality, speed and stamina, will always make his an attractive option for someone. A full back who is over 6ft isn’t a common sight anymore.

I’d be happy for him to stay on. Wages might be high but doubt he was ever at Klose or Naismith levels of money. Suspect it won’t be too hard to find a buyer for him, a return to Portugal the most likely.

I love Ivo as a character, and can see why he would be made captain on that basis.

Unfortunately he''s defensively suspect and going forward he flatters to deceive. Rarely gets past the opposing full back or delivers any quality into the box.

Also, a lot of nonsense on here about Passlack having a ‘bad season’ and ‘lost his way’. He is 20 and was 2nd choice right back at a Champions League team who finished 3rd in the Bundesliga.

The fact he couldn’t displace Pavel Kaderabek, the Czech international right back, is hardly a disgrace on a young player. Hoffenheim was probably the wrong choice of club to loan him to, but it is not black mark on his CV that he didn’t get more games there - especially as Nagelsman played a 3-1-4-2 most of the season that didn’t really use wingbacks.

A completely different situation to players like Leitner and Trybull.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Mike "]Looks like it.... just hope this new lad can cut it in the Championship.[/quote]Good enough for Dortmund and the Champs League, but you''re unsure if he''s good enough for us in the Champs...jesus wept.
[/quote]
[/quote]

That’s quite a theme in our team now ie Hernandez, Leitner and Pukki. I guess all these players are being offered the opportunity to resurrect their careers and we only take the hungry ones. A bit like Lambert with youngsters Farke way is players that were destined for the top but did not quite click.

If this works we could have an amazing squad.

"That’s quite a theme in our team now ie Hernandez, Leitner and Pukki. I

guess all these players are being offered the opportunity to resurrect

their careers and we only take the hungry ones. A bit like Lambert with

youngsters Farke way is players that were destined for the top but did

not quite click.

If this works we could have an amazing squad."
That''s been much my take on things
Identifying players who have maybe ''lost their way'' a bit and looking to coaching them back to their full potential, if only that without PL money we do not have the ability to buy ''ready made players.
It seems to be the pattern with the younger players as well, Phillips and the lad from Everton. Abraham and Gordon.
Unfortunately some of our ''fans'' imagined that after relegation we had to simply dust ourselves down and gain automatic promotion. And for some it it was to be all or nothing.
Great. If we failed then it would be Reading, QPR, Birmingham or even Blackpool, Bolton etc for us

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Also, a lot of nonsense on here about Passlack having a ‘bad season’ and ‘lost his way’.
He is 20 and was 2nd choice right back at a Champions League team who finished 3rd in the Bundesliga.

The fact he couldn’t displace Pavel Kaderabek, the Czech international right back, is hardly a disgrace on a young player.
Hoffenheim was probably the wrong choice of club to loan him to, but it is not black mark on his CV that he didn’t get more games there - especially as Nagelsman played a 3-1-4-2 most of the season that didn’t really use wingbacks.
A completely different situation to players like Leitner and Trybull.[/quote]Good post BYG, and frankly I''m amazed there''s been any negativity towards this guy, really does boggle the mind sometimes.