Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

NEW KIT

Can''t decide if I like it- I almost wish they''d gone all in on the pattern and not just put it on the shoulders.

I like the shorts, I have no problem with them, and the socks ain''t too bad either.......

I like it...

I know it''s influenced by the 93 94 kit but did they mention the 88 89 kit too as the stripes down side look like the fosters lager kit I had when I pretended to be Robert fleck

It''s ok, I guess.

Still hate having a sponsor on the back of the shirt though.

I think it’s great. Bit different to the usual modern day shirt styles and I love me the slight retro late 80’s early 90’s feel to it. After all that was a golden era for football imo

Are there really people still bemoaning the sponsor??....there must be a good dozen clubs in the premier league and the championship sponsored by betting companies....wonder if their fans are so precious about it?

**spoiler alert** ...people bet on football and other sporting events.

20/30 years ago football clubs had alcohol as shirt sponsors

I''m not buying it because of the sponsor which is my prerogative.

I don''t care if a dozen clubs in the Premier League have gambling companies sponsoring them- I''m not buying their shirts either.

I like it as well. There seems to be a trend towards gimmicky shirts again so we might as well be in the vanguard.

Sorry, still don''t get the ethical argument about betting companies but if you feel that strongly then fair enough.

Completely agree about the sponsor. Awful, nasty and socially reprehensible.

So I won’t bet with them.

The shirt is a winner though, and, it’s my teams shirt so I will definitely be getting it.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Same, kc. The new shirt’s decent but personally happy to wait till we get a more ethical sponsor.[/quote]
I don''t understand the virtue signalling and objections to the sponsor on morality/ethical grounds. Anything is harmful if you abuse it. 
What exactly would be preferable? 
A coffee company (producing plastic waste that is killing our planet)? 
An energy drink company (who market their sugar and caffeine filled wares to children?)
A sports store (that enslaves people and abuses their human rights)? 
Nike or Adidas (who are running sweatshops that are taking 8 year old kids out of school to earn 7 pence per day)? 
Samsung/Apple (who are not only using sweatshops but also use a supply chain that includes blood minerals from the democratic republic of congo, forcing children out of school to work in Coltan mines and perpetuating the civil war which has killed 6 million)?
Who exactly do you want as a sponsor?

Who exactly do you want as a sponsor?

Apparently TOWIE.

The Only Way is Ethics

Shirt is ok but dont like the thick green bands running down each side. If they were a smaller width or even a diamond or zig zag kind of side stripe it would have been awesome. Shorts are fine.

So Armitage Shanks is out then?

Kit looks okay, quite like it... Won''t be running out to buy one though am past all that now... Rather get another polo shirt from the shop next time I''m up.

To be fair am more interested in how the team perform next year regardless what style of shirt they wear, they''ll change it again next year anyway lol. OTBC

IMO there should be an option to purchase the kit w/o the sponsor logo on it... keep the sponsor logo for the actual kit the team wears on match day.

I used to wear norwich shirts with fosters lager on when I was kid. ...despite being too young to drink.

....it''s not a nanny state...if people want to gamble they can ..if they don''t then dont

Betting Companies are no worse than Football Clubs - they both want your money.
There is no need for Football Clubs to bring out a new shirt every year, it''s only purpose is to pray on supporters loyalty and extract money from people and families that probably can''t afford it.
Then there''s the price, £50 or £60 for a shirt that probably cost less than a fiver to make and the equivalent garment, without any football or sponsor reference, would probably cost less than £15 in Primark.
At least with a bet you have a chance to win something and get your money back.