Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Naismith to Hearts (again)

I''m guessing that means we''re still going to be paying 70% + of his wages, had hoped against the odds that we might have been able to shift him permanently.

[quote user="king canary"]Fuck that guy.[/quote]Agreed, and f**k that BS about "I just want to play football", he could have agreed to leave his deal with us and sign perm with Hearts, but he''s all about the f**king money no matter what he says.
The sooner this freeloading s**t is off our books the better, RvW may have failed but at least he tried, this guy never even turned up.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]RvW may have failed but at least he tried, this guy never even turned up.
[/quote]
Are you sponsored to get Ricky into every thread? [:P] [:P]

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Are you sponsored to get Ricky into every thread? [:P] [:P][/quote]Sorry ICS [:D]
The truth is that in terms of cost vs result, RvW and Naismith represent 2 of our biggest outlays EVER, and this was in return for very little in terms of on-pitch results which makes it an obvious comparison to bring up.

There is nobody reading this forum that would turn down far, far more money for doing exactly the same job. Anyone that says they would is lying to themselves. We’re the mugs that offered him it and we’ve had to face the consequences of that decision

But but but he is the sort of player waveney et al are demanding we sign...

[quote user="JF"]There is nobody reading this forum that would turn down far, far more money for doing exactly the same job. Anyone that says they would is lying to themselves. We’re the mugs that offered him it and we’ve had to face the consequences of that decision[/quote]I fully accept that the club offered the contract and nobody is denying that the player isn''t entitled to those wages, what I take issue with is the same player clearly stating that it''s not about money, yet turned down the move to Sunderland over money and could easily have agreed a deal with the club for him to leave his contract early to get a permanent move back to Scotland, but again - he wanted the money.
Well so be it, he has the contract and we can''t argue with that, but he should just be honest about it and say "I''m a money grabbing swine, who''s going to bleed every last penny out of Norwich before I leave" rather than "I just want to play football, wah wah wah"...

and could easily have agreed a deal with the club for him to leave his contract early to get a permanent move back to Scotland, but again - he wanted the money.

He could have agreed a deal for a permanent move back to Scotland and played for Hearts next season earning about 75% less than we’re paying him. Or he could play in Scotland next season for Hearts and continue to earn the salary we agreed to pay him. Either way he will play in Scotland for Hearts next season. If you’re the player that’s a bit of a no brainier really isn’t it?

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]I''d have let him rot playing with the U-23s for a season, rather than letting him have his cake and eating it.[/quote]I''d have been tempted to lace the cake with rat poison, and force feed it down his throat - but that would be going too far, even for a money grabbing s**t...

[quote user="JF"]He could have agreed a deal for a permanent move back to Scotland and played for Hearts next season earning about 75% less than we’re paying him. Or he could play in Scotland next season for Hearts and continue to earn the salary we agreed to pay him. Either way he will play in Scotland for Hearts next season. If you’re the player that’s a bit of a no brainier really isn’t it?[/quote]You''re still missing the point JF, if he simply wants the money, then why not be honest about it and say: "I would love to move to Hearts permamently, but Norwich are paying me daft money and it''s better for me to rip them off for another year AND play for Hearts, than actually live up to my ''I just want to play football'' claim and take a paycut to leave now and prove it"...

[quote user="JF"]There is nobody reading this forum that would turn down far, far more money for doing exactly the same job. Anyone that says they would is lying to themselves. We’re the mugs that offered him it and we’ve had to face the consequences of that decision[/quote]

I agree but if I was him I would keep my trap shut about all this "I just want to play football". that''s where he takes the biscuit in my book, he''s not a Norwich fan he''s entitled to the contract we offered him and if he wants the money just stop the BS in the media.

Normally I''m fully on board with the idea that Ayers are totally entitled to see out their contracts.

But if you then go moaning to the press about how you''d play for free and it isn''t about the money while sitting on your big fat contract you lose sympathy.

Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 02/07/2018 8:21 PM:

Icecream Snow wrote:

I''d have let him rot playing with the U-23s for a season, rather than letting him have his cake and eating it.

I''d have been tempted to lace the cake with rat poison, and force feed it down his throat - but that would be going too far, even for a money grabbing s**t...

If you work for a company would you leave a salary that they offered you after approaching you to join them just because the position hasn’t worked out and your new company has fell on yard times?

I''ve explained it twice and so far everyone else has been able to grasp the concept JF, I can''t be bothered to dumb it down any further to make you understand - sorry.

You''re still missing the point JF, if he simply wants the money, then why not be honest about it and say:

"I would love to move to Hearts permamently, but Norwich are paying me daft money and it''s better for me to rip them off for another year AND play for Hearts, than actually live up to my ''I just want to play football'' claim and take a paycut to leave now and prove it"...

Fair enough but let’s be honest no one is ever coming out and saying that

[quote user="JF"]Fair enough but let’s be honest no one is ever coming out and saying that[/quote]Then he shouldn''t have mouthed off to the press about how it wasn''t about money and he simply wanted to be playing, clearly that''s NOT the case, so he''s already been shown as a liar, as well as a terrible signing...

[quote user="JF"]You''re still missing the point JF, if he simply wants the money, then why not be honest about it and say:

"I would love to move to Hearts permamently, but Norwich are paying me daft money and it''s better for me to rip them off for another year AND play for Hearts, than actually live up to my ''I just want to play football'' claim and take a paycut to leave now and prove it"...

Fair enough but let’s be honest no one is ever coming out and saying that[/quote]

And that''s the problem JF he actually doesn''t have to say anything he could just keep his mouth shut. Which is exactly what he should have done if he understandably wanted the cash first and foremost.

Two sides to every story. How do we know that Hearts are even interested in a permanent deal? This loan arrangement could suit them just fine. He’s not getting any younger and they may not want to commit beyond this season. The only ones that know are the ones involved

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]
[quote user="JF"]There is nobody reading this forum that would turn down far, far more money for doing exactly the same job. Anyone that says they would is lying to themselves. We’re the mugs that offered him it and we’ve had to face the consequences of that decision[/quote]I fully accept that the club offered the contract and nobody is denying that the player isn''t entitled to those wages, what I take issue with is the same player clearly stating that it''s not about money, yet turned down the move to Sunderland over money and could easily have agreed a deal with the club for him to leave his contract early to get a permanent move back to Scotland, but again - he wanted the money.
Well so be it, he has the contract and we can''t argue with that, but he should just be honest about it and say "I''m a money grabbing swine, who''s going to bleed every last penny out of Norwich before I leave" rather than "I just want to play football, wah wah wah"...
[/quote]
There were conflicting reports about that, and the version that made much more sense - given the likely wages Sunderland were offering - was that it never got that far because the clubs could not agree on the transfer fee.

The good thing is we won''t see him again at this club. I think by end of next season his contract will be up, and he''ll be released from his contract to do whatever the f*ck he likes.

Just a shame we could agree a small fee to get him off our books for good. Far worse than RVW. He had to adapt to british style of play and struggled. Naismith has no such excuse.

Good riddance

@Purple

Actually that makes less sense considering it was widely reported they considered a loan option too.

It always seemed like Sunderland weren''t willing to match what he was getting here.

i also doubt it was wages they were paying Rodwell nearly 60 k a week even in div1 he is on 40 k a week they were handing out worse contracts than us at that point !

We are saving money he gets football... the best solution for everyone...move on

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i also doubt it was wages they were paying Rodwell nearly 60 k a week even in div1 he is on 40 k a week they were handing out worse contracts than us at that point ![/quote]
It was 70k right up to the end of last season! He may have been exceptional but it is unlikely Sunderland would not have offered Naismith enough to tempt him to move.

His " play for free" statement may well be truthful, maybe he would play for free but whilst there are other options, why would he. Instead of beating up on the player, who is fulfilling his contract, it may be worth looking a touch deeper.