Sign in to follow this  
Gerry Harrison

Germany pre-season tour

Sanders coaches may be running a trip to Germany for the pre-season tour (depending on numbers). Please note this is not being organised by NCFC. If anyone is interested they should email charles@sanderscoaches.com to find out more.

You’d have to be pretty brave to go all the way to Germany like that, if I can get to a game it will be with easyJet

Considering going to one of the games myself but the info on the third game still to be released.

Paderborn is not the easiest place to get to & the other game against Union Berlin is very unlikely to be in Berlin, probably again in the Paderborn area.

My plan is to use Ryanair/Easy Jet/Eurowings then rain/taxi or another short flight if possible.

Funny really that I''ve "given up" my ST after about 27 years but thinking of going abroad for a pre season game.

[quote user="eeyore"]Considering going to one of the games myself but the info on the third game still to be released.

Paderborn is not the easiest place to get to & the other game against Union Berlin is very unlikely to be in Berlin, probably again in the Paderborn area.

My plan is to use Ryanair/Easy Jet/Eurowings then rain/taxi or another short flight if possible.

Funny really that I''ve "given up" my ST after about 27 years but thinking of going abroad for a pre season game.[/quote]
On the Union Berlin web site it says we are playing them during a training camp so probably not in Berlin.
Klosterpforte (North Rhine-Westphalia), where they will play Stoke City (July 13, 2018) and Norwich City (July 17, 2018).
Could be the same for the Paderborn game, definitely check before buying plane tickets etc.

Paderborn is about an hour by train from Dortmund. I''m flying to Dortmund on Saturday 15th with Ryanair from Stansted as I''m sure a few other City fans are as the price has doubled since I booked it. Overnight stay in Dortmund and will book a train to Paderborn for the Sunday morning/early afternoon a bit nearer the time on www.bahn.de

Paderborn''s facebook messenger team confirmed to me the game will be played at the Benteler Arena, Paderborn''s stadium.

The Union Berlin game is virtually certain to be at Marienfeld which is where their pre-season training camp is. German Canaries confirmed this on their website although I know that''s not an official source!

Unsure whether I''ll go to this game or not and will book my return flight when details of the 3rd game/U23 games are confirmed.

Would be interested to see how many fans travel. Probably similar to the 80 or so that went to Bielefeld last year.

3rd game must be on 21.07 Saturday and then team back to UK.

I''m very much interested where and against who is this match because I''m on Berlin for Depeche Mode event at 23.07 and if game is around will be pleasure to attend ...

So please if some one have even unofficial info to share here asap :)

OTBC

As announced yesterday, the third game in Germany is against Vfl Wolfsburg on 19/07/2018. No confirmation of venue, though Wolfsburg''s website states this is to be played on a neutral ground.

https://www.vfl-wolfsburg.de/en/info/news/detailspage/artikel/first-dates-fixed-50446.html

Surely we could have saved money and stopped in the UK. It’s English teams style of play some players need to get used to.

The Paderborn website now shows our game against them will be take place on Sunday 15th July @ 1pm (CET) and will be played in Guetersloh

https://www.scp07.de/38-Profis/398-Testspiele.html

I think the lack of details on the tour in general which is less than three weeks away shows that the Club are not really bothered about fans travelling to watch the games........especially as there''s no money in it for them !!!

Does anyone know any further details regarding this supposed tour ???

I was considering taking in a game but with it being less than 2 weeks before the first game it might be getting too late to get a cheap flight over to Germany now.

I don''t understand, other clubs have published all their pre season details yet we are still unable to do so.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“I am starting to sound like a stuck record”

That’s the first thing you’ve got right[/quote]
He got the ''starting'' bit wrong.

I''ve given up waiting for Norwich to publish the German tour details. They only fly out next week so I''m guessing they don''t want any fans going over ??

We really are a pathetic club sometimes !!!

I''m going to book a few days in Poland instead.

[quote user="eeyore"]I''ve given up waiting for Norwich to publish the German tour details. They only fly out next week so I''m guessing they don''t want any fans going over ??

I''m going to book a few days in Poland instead.[/quote]
Have you tried contacting the club?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]
[quote user="eeyore"]I''ve given up waiting for Norwich to publish the German tour details. They only fly out next week so I''m guessing they don''t want any fans going over ??

I''m going to book a few days in Poland instead.[/quote]
Have you tried contacting the club?
[/quote]

Contacted them twice including this week but to no avail.

No info presently I''ve been informed which is incredible as they leave for Germany in a few days.

Asked a friend who has some media contacts and he''s confirmed that the games will be ''in and around'' the training camp as the other clubs will also be ''in and around'' the training camp area.
He also said the format of the games (duration and number of players involved) will be sorted out by the coaches when they get there.
As it''s pre-season it looks like this is all set up for benefit of the club and the supporters will get thier chance to see pre-season games when they''re in the UK.

No it isn''t. It''s work.
Pre-season is an important time for any football club. You know that. Its about preparation, fitness, knitting together the new group and a whole host of other things. It isn''t a jolly up for staff, players or fans. You can''t just expect to walk into their workplace whenever you want or complain because the club aren''t putting together some sort of detailed itinery for fans to come out and watch the games. What if the clubs we''re playing consider these to be off limits to fans or spectators of any kind?
If the information coming out of the club about them is vague then thats because things are not set in stone-we do have the plans and itineries of the other clubs involved to take into consideration as well.
There are plenty of pre-season games being played here for us all to go to and details of those are widely available.
Norwich City isn''t "access all areas", especially in pre-season.
But the club can''t win. Because if if pre-season was access all areas, you and your infinite alter egos would be on here saying what a shambles it was, unprofessional, laughing stock etc etc.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
Pre-season is an important time for any football club. You know that. Its about preparation, fitness, knitting together the new group and a whole host of other things. It isn''t a jolly up for staff, players or fans. You can''t just expect to walk into their workplace whenever you want or complain because the club aren''t putting together some sort of detailed itinery for fans to come out and watch the games. What if the clubs we''re playing consider these to be off limits to fans or spectators of any kind?
If the information coming out of the club about them is vague then thats because things are not set in stone-we do have the plans and itineries of the other clubs involved to take into consideration as well.
There are plenty of pre-season games being played here for us all to go to and details of those are widely available.
But the club can''t win. Because if if pre-season was access all areas, you and your infinite alter egos would be on here saying what a shambles it was, unprofessional, laughing stock etc etc.
[/quote]

For me personally all I''m asking from the Club is a bit of honesty.

If these are "behind closed door" games or the Club don''t want fans attending that''s fair enough.......but if this is the case the Club should just say so then we know where we are.

They communicate very well when they want money from a share issue, or it''s season ticket renewal time !

[quote user="eeyore"][quote user="Old Shuck"]
[/quote]

For me personally all I''m asking from the Club is a bit of honesty.

If these are "behind closed door" games or the Club don''t want fans attending that''s fair enough.......but if this is the case the Club should just say so then we know where we are.

They communicate very well when they want money from a share issue, or it''s season ticket renewal time ![/quote]
They are being honest, the details haven''t been decided and that''s what they told you.

I remember this message board before you and your alter-egos crawled onto it. Plenty of trolls and idiots, but at least every third message wasn’t from them. Don’t you have a job or a social life?

It’s gone beyond a joke now, the ignore option for this board is urgent.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
[/quote]

Well said Old Shuck