Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

City Summer Transfer Thread.

I''m sure many people said that Leicester 100% wouldn''t win the league two years ago, or that Huddersfield 100% wouldn''t get promoted and then stay up, or that Cardiff 100% wouldn''t get promoted, or Salah 100% wouldn''t score 40+ goals, Nick Pope 100% wouldn''t go to the World Cup etc etc.

Life is never black and white. Why not be optimistic that things might end up being a shade of grey in our favour?

I think its possible Mclean, Oliveira, Hernandez could end up with double figures if they have good seasons. Even Buendia could, I have no idea having never seen him play. I''ll take a punt and say neither has "100% Mike".... [:D]

If he adapts well I can see Buendia getting around 10 goals.

He scored well in a low scoring team in Spain and is a very direct player. Can see him cutting in from the wing a lot and getting into dangerous positions. He’s certainly a better finisher than Murphy.

A quadruple transfer announcement of Danny Ward, Leitner , Ducksh and Ben Marshall might go some way to appease me.....but right now I''m gently simmering in what''s going on at the club, seldom been more disinterested athe a new fixture list coming out

I have a feeling we might be going all out for Duksch which will be great if we get him but bit worried how far we have advanced plans B & C if we dont.

Get Duksch together with Leitner and Marshall and I''d consider us to be in a reasonable place. Ideally would also then want to swap Nelson for a player of similar quality who wants to be here!

This Daniel Arzani playing for Australia looks like a threat, very pacy.

Wonder if the Championship would be an interesting avenue for him?

Arzani is great, Australia have high hopes for him. Unfortunately he wouldn’t be able to get a work permit to play in the Championship yet.

Man City will be looking to bring him over some time and flip him like they did with Mooy. Maybe Webber fancies repeating that trick when possible.

Trent Sainsbury that plays center half for the Aussies looks decent too. Cool, calm and collected and not afraid to stick his boot in when required. I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

@Bethnal

I know it makes good business sense but the idea of ''flipping'' a player is one of the worst things about modern football.

[quote user="king canary"]@Bethnal

I know it makes good business sense but the idea of ''flipping'' a player is one of the worst things about modern football.[/quote]

Haven''t we just done something like that though?

...a £21m profit in the process

king canary wrote the following post at 21/06/2018 4:59 PM:

@Bethnal

I know it makes good business sense but the idea of ''flipping'' a player is one of the worst things about modern football.

Brings back memories of Fozzy😀

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 21/06/2018 5:09 PM:

.....and our current Chairman and Yvette......flipped three times.....

Three times in two years!

@GJL

Not really- we signed, developed and sold Maddison when he outgrew us.

Flipping a player is signing them, loaning them out and selling for a profit without any real interest in playing them. For instance Mooy was signed for a minimal fee, immediately loaned out and sold 12 months later for £10m. Man City made a chunky profit on him despite him basically having never even trained at City let alone played for them.

If he adapts well I can see Buendia getting around 10 goals.

He scored well in a low scoring team in Spain and is a very direct player. Can see him cutting in from the wing a lot and getting into dangerous positions. He’s certainly a better finisher than Murphy.

Bethnal why do you think Buendia is a better finisher ?

Buendia has 109 apps 16 goals

murphy has 151 apps 25 goals

Buendia scores once every 6.58 games in his career

murphy scores ever 6.04 games

i would say that even murphy who i do not think is a great finisher as the stats point out has a better scoring rate in better leagues

i would say the front 3/4 at the moment on history are far weaker goal scoring

that is not to say that as a team they gel and click and be better than last seasons front 3/4 at goals scoring but i can not see anything to think that will happen just have to wait a see

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Well whoever our new striker is it''s not going to be Ducksch, heading to Dusseldorf.
[/quote]
Probably a good thing. Surely we have enough German players. Squad is short of home grown players - maybe Jack Marriot or Marcus Maddison would be good acquisitions?   Could we tempt them? Can we afford them? 

You should know the answer to that already LDC, there is not even a slim chance City will be splashing 6 or 7 mill on any player these days. Dont think there is another German striker  at Ducksch''s price left in Germany who is  at his level, so Webber should have a target or two in other Euro leagues hopefully. We could always go with Olly and Srbeny again, maybe get a British loan striker in, of which i would not be shocked to see happen.

I would have thought the only lower league strikers we''d be looking at were the 18-20 year olds with a bit of potential.
Farke''s style of play just doesn''t suit those type of lower league players, like with Marley Watkins, it tends to highlight the poor first touch, the lack of technical ability and tactical nous. Marley Watkins would look good in the right Championship team, just not a Farke Championship team.

I guess City will still find a striker...or two...somewhere to come join us, but will they be actually good enough to score goals?..seems we have been waiting for a striker who actually gets a decent haul of goals since the days of Grant Holt. RVW, Hooper, Lafferty, Oliveira and more..suppose Jerome was the best of the bunch but even he could not do it in the Prem.
A striker who can poach goals...its sure gone out of fashion at Carrow Road for many a season now.

I really hope that having sold the providers of 43% of our goals last season Webber actually had replacements lined up before we sold them both... Too much to ask?

[quote user="Mike "]I really hope that having sold the providers of 43% of our goals last season Webber actually had replacements lined up before we sold them both... Too much to ask?[/quote]
Lined up or not Mike, you have doubts Webber can bring in enough guys to make a fully functioning squad? Also it can be sometimes be silly to use percentages, even if they are correct. With or without replacements, that can open the door to look like you might expect City to score 43% less goals this coming season..which...i dont know...would mean we would score around 25 goals in total this coming season?

[quote user="lharman7"]Trent Sainsbury that plays center half for the Aussies looks decent too. Cool, calm and collected and not afraid to stick his boot in when required. I think he has a bright future ahead of him.[/quote]
But are we going to able to say we''ve just seen Sainsbury in ASDA so he must be signing?

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/latics/wigan-athletic-target-wildschut-and-mcmanaman-1-9219981

Give us half the money back.

This guy might be available...

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/fake-news-quagliarella-reacts-to-parma-links-the-situation-80545

[quote user="Mr Apples"]This guy might be available...

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/fake-news-quagliarella-reacts-to-parma-links-the-situation-80545[/quote]
yea...and so is David McGoldrick....

[quote user="Essjayess"]
[quote user="Mike "]I really hope that having sold the providers of 43% of our goals last season Webber actually had replacements lined up before we sold them both... Too much to ask?[/quote]
Lined up or not Mike, you have doubts Webber can bring in enough guys to make a fully functioning squad? Also it can be sometimes be silly to use percentages, even if they are correct. With or without replacements, that can open the door to look like you might expect City to score 43% less goals this coming season..which...i dont know...would mean we would score around 25 goals in total this coming season?
[/quote]

Obviously not but our side was low scoring last year and it needs massively improving this year. No one on our books (apart from Nelson) has that a good record of scoring goals. If you are going to be up the top / away from a relegation battle you need consistant goal scorers upfront, the midfield chipping in (Bradley in the past) and the odd goal from your back four.

Woefully lacking at the moment but there is still time.

The lad from the Posh sounds encouraging but if Forest are involved i doubt we''d get our man...