Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

City Summer Transfer Thread.

With so many transfer rumours outlets these days it is often difficult to keep upto date.

Posters seem to be capable of plucking snippets from all over the place and sometimes even ahead of my own source which is just the PinkUn news page.

It would seemingly be a good move to resurrect the idea of one single thread open for contributions ... wiki style:-

The Emilio Buendia signing would seem to be in the bag and due to be announced shortly, with the International Transfer Window opening on Saturday.

Perhaps the signing of Toni Leistner might therefore also be imminent. There have been many rumours and he has left his last club and is effectively a free agent, I believe.

(This happening could potential have repercussions re: the fates of one or all of Klose, Franke and even Raggert.)

After bubbling away like the Fuego volcano last week the James Maddison saga has gone remarkably quiet.

Leicester seem ready to hand over about £20m, we seem to want a bit more and with both Everton and Fulham apparently showing their hands it could be that a much anticipated bidding war could be underway.

Watch this space.

Bristol City still seem interested in Marley Watkins. Hopefully terms are being discussed.

That''s all folks, although I am quite excited about the Argentinian boy. It''s the sort of signing that could come off big-time, even at just a cost of £1.5m.

I would think that e will need to be looking at a right back as I''m sure the club will be looking to cash in on Sprinto as his contract ends next summer, similarly with Klose.
As much as I would want them to stay beyond 2019 I cannot see them accepting the wage levels we would likely be offering.
i suspect Oliveoil will move on if only as part of the need to cut wages. With Martin and Naismith also likley to move on permanently it will see the last of the big wage contracts off the books.
I suspect we will more likely see players who will develop rather than the finished product as was Hanley when he joined. Otherwise as with the Buenos Aires chap we will not know much until they are photo''ed wearing a City shirt and a holding a scarf aloft.

Not sure Norwich will be able to find permanent deals for Naismith and Martin and suspect they will both end up somewhere on loan next season.

Think Pinto will just run his contract down, as will Klose. No one will match what they currently earn and if they move as free agents they’ll be able to pick up bigger ‘signing on fees’ and wages.

A deal was agreed for Marley Watkins to move last January by the buyer pulled out at the last minute (some might say saw sense).

Finding willing buyer for Noriwch’s underachievers is going to be a struggle - Oliveira has added a poor attitude to poor form. The list of suitors must be pretty slim - although Forest are looking for a striker and he’s still popular with them. Think it will be a surprisingly quiet window (in comparison to the last few summers which have seen high turnovers of players).

Most intriguing thing will be which homegrown players Webber goes for, as he has never been one to shop in the English leagues.

I cannot see any difference between a loan club paying a percentage of Martin and Naismith''s contract and the same with them signing. It will cost us the same. However any injury of problem is then of the other club if they sign permanently.
As to Pinto and Klose then it will be what the market will pay. If it amounts to little then they might as well stay, but with fees as they are anything could happen.

“I cannot see any difference between a loan club paying a percentage of Martin and Naismith''s contract and the same with them signing. It will cost us the same.“

Incorrect. Selling these players would transfer the players’ contracts to a new club and they would no longer cost Norwich City in wages. Sending out on loan would more than likely result in us still playing a percentage of their wages.

Oh dear
As no club is going to cover the remaining year of their contract with us we would have to make up the difference, just as we would if they go out on loan.

Oh dear indeed.

No! No! No! How many more times?! If a player is sold, their contract is terminated with the selling club, and therefore the obligation to pay further wages ceases. The only monies possibly due would be loyalty bonuses etc. The new club creates a new contract with the player. The buying club would then have the full responsibility to honour this contract. Norwich City’s contract would have ENDED. You’ve been told this over and over and over again. Are you dense or just purposefully acting clueless?

It seems to me that most activity is on hold until after the World Cup now.

Apart from securing at least one decent striker I am really more interested in who we sell.

This includes being quite anxious that we get Oliveira off the books ... can''t stand the man. A couple of million will suit me, but his pedigree if not his person warrants more.

Marley Watkins has not done much at Carrow Road to convince, whilst Josh has supposedly attracted the attention of more illustrious outfits.

I am not so pessimistic about the saleability of either Klose or Pinto and neither am I certain that they are on the market. The only hints of either being off-loaded has come from reading this forum and this has been largely based on the assumption that their wages are more than the club can bare.

Perhaps this is not quite the case but if it were it would be a more drastic decline in our financial fortunes than I had envisaged as both these players could be of significance next season.

I suppose it will depend upon just whom Webber has his eyes on in the market in order to fill their roles, and Toni Leistner has been mentioned for one.

I am not quite sure why Windshutt is being generally written off as he was never that bad and surely his directedness contrasts favourably with some of the sideways stuff we have favoured. I would rather we have some money to use instead though.

A worthy thread de-railed by your stupidity ! ! !
Martin has a year of his contract left at say £10,000 per week. No club is going to match those wages. So does Martin simply rip up that contract ? Of course not !
City make up whatever shortfall there is in that final year. Now stop acting like an idiot and twisting it, as you know exactly what I am saying but chose to act like an idiot.
That''s my final word on this. This is a not a thread for you to parade your stupidity even if you wish it to be.

BroadstairsR
I think will Pinto and Klose it is a case of do we grab what money we might get. or let their contracts run down ? I don''t believe that Oliveira fits the current ethos either.
His attitude suggests he feels he is better. If that is the case we should not stand in his way. Let him prove it elsewhere.
I also think there has been a problem with Watkins attitude ie not knuckling down rather than being a knob like NO.
Much will be what other clubs are prepared to offer for the likes of Murphy. I cannot see Josh attracting the fee Jacob supposedly went for

This is your stupidity and has been noted by numerous posters and not just me.

If we sold Russell Martin, why would we need to make up a “shortfall”? The contract between him and Norwich City would have ENDED.

If a player takes a pay cut to join another team, the selling club has absolutely no obligation to make up any difference.

HHS - we are very likely to have to make up a shortfall and that is why these pesky high rollers are still with us. Let me indulge you.

The deal for someone to take Martin might (but more than likely) will be: the buying club will take him off our hands but we have to cover the difference between the new club''s salary rate and our current salary for the period of THIER new contract and they will bear the risk of injury and other employment agreement issues. This is the signing on fee as others may see it, being paid to the player by the selling club. The buying club effectively says pay us the difference in salaries, including extension of contract period, and he''s ours!

Worse therefore than just sending him out on loan until the end of his current contract and paying part of his wages over the period of the loan. In cash terms an immediate large outlay albeit capped, but certainly why it probably doesn''t appeal to our Board and the FD. And thus why he is still here. And Naismith and Oliveira et al. Whereas if they were at someone in Deloitte''s Top Ten football club''s you can see that kind of deal being done regularly, just so that team spirit and motivation is retained.

Suitably indulged and coming around to City 1st / Mr Ben''s thinking, HHS? Sure, the player is off our books but at what cost? No funds to buy a suitable replacement, that''s what.

No ShefCanary - that isn’t right.

It normally goes down one of three ways;

1) player just accepts the hit to his wages, looking at a long term picture or hopes in continuing and international career etc.

2) Selling club give player a lump sum to go. Probably not that of the full contract but an amount the player and his representatives deem enough to make the wage cut.

3) Norwich agree to subsidise the wages the buying club are paying, but this will only last the length on the existing contract - so with Martin or Naismith a season.

However, the most likely scenario is for the player to be loaned out and then move on a free at the end of their contract. The buying club prefer that and the player prefers that. Norwich aren’t in a position of strength with Naismith or Martin so not likely to be able to negotiate the prospective clubs into buying someone permanently.

As regards Klose and Pinto, im sure they will plying their trade with us again in the coming season, and as a whole the defence speaks for itself, excepting the GK position, where id like to see Remi included as no. 1 or 2, and maybe RB, im sure City would love to get Harrison back again, otherwise its pretty much as you were.
In midfield, its a bonus that City have already nailed down both Tettey and Trybull. We all presume Madders will be on his way, and that Buendia is arriving soon. Going forward, question marks for most City fans surround Murphy, and more especially Watkins, but both are Brits, and the club im sure dont need me reminding them that at least 7 homegrown players need to be in the matchday squad. We sailed close to the limit on occasions last season, hence my thinking of imports  like Buendia will be at a minimum this window. Really hope some of the young guys we loaned out last season can stay and make their mark this time around.
Up front, well ya there is the place where we all look for a change. Sir Benny is ok, looking for him to improve obviously. Olly is such a thorn to himself, gifted yet frustrating most matches. Think most fans would be happy to see 3 strikers not two, so if Olly does go, we need two in, not forgetting Morris is well crocked for long term, sadly for him.
As to rumours, not many at the moment, the occasional gossip about us interested in Paddy McNair at Sunderland, but their supposed 5mill asking price no doubt keeps that as just a nonsense rumour for our interest.

I think my esteemed pinkun colleague is saying that these players won''t sacrifice their high wages with us to sign elsewhere for much less so we either make an offer to player to end contract early by giving him a settlement payoff or he will stay put on full wages

It obviously depends upon how much we are offered for the loans but at some point it has to be worth keeping Naismith and Martin as back up in the event of injuries etc. For example, if the maximum anyone offers us to loan Martin is say, £5,000 (I don''t know the real figures obviously), we might decide that any other cover at right back/ centre back it might actually cost more than this and so keep him. Assuming that he and Naismith might prefer to be playing regularly at their age, it does give us small amount of leverage + the fact that if they leave us now they might get a two year contract elsewhere, when they only have a year left here. The total package could make it worth their while, especially in Naismith''s case as his wife is reportedly keen to stay in Scotland (this is only an internet rumour - I have no idea if there is any substance to it).

The article in tonight''s my email from the EDP suggests in the strongest terms yet that Hearts FC, their manager and Stephen Naismith (and family) are very keen to continue their relationship.

The more the player emphasises his wish to see out his career in Scotland the weaker his hand gets with regards anything more he might be paid by NCFC.

It finally looks as if this millstone will be removed from around our club''s neck and with just one year''s terms to thrash out it might not be as expensive as many think.

Now they are in the final year it might be easier to shift some of them they can stay here like Martin for say 10k a week for a year or sign for Rangers say for 5k a week for 2 years same money in total but playing every week so we might get rid of a couple on free transfers

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]No ShefCanary - that isn’t right.

It normally goes down one of three ways;

1) player just accepts the hit to his wages, looking at a long term picture or hopes in continuing and international career etc.

2) Selling club give player a lump sum to go. Probably not that of the full contract but an amount the player and his representatives deem enough to make the wage cut.

3) Norwich agree to subsidise the wages the buying club are paying, but this will only last the length on the existing contract - so with Martin or Naismith a season.

However, the most likely scenario is for the player to be loaned out and then move on a free at the end of their contract. The buying club prefer that and the player prefers that. Norwich aren’t in a position of strength with Naismith or Martin so not likely to be able to negotiate the prospective clubs into buying someone permanently.[/quote]

Beth; you missed the tongue in cheek here - my analysis was the worst case scenario for the Delia out boys. Ah well …….

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]The article in tonight''s my email from the EDP suggests in the strongest terms yet that Hearts FC, their manager and Stephen Naismith (and family) are very keen to continue their relationship.

The more the player emphasises his wish to see out his career in Scotland the weaker his hand gets with regards anything more he might be paid by NCFC.

It finally looks as if this millstone will be removed from around our club''s neck and with just one year''s terms to thrash out it might not be as expensive as many think.[/quote]
Afraid you''re wrong Broadstairs. If he leaves we have to immediately pay his contract in it''s entirety. I appreciate this flies in the face of all reason, logic and common sense but Big Ears told me how it really works. Indifferent [:|]

Mr Beane wrote the following post at 08/06/2018 10:32 AM:

"As

to Pinto and Klose then it will be what the market will pay."Brilliant 👍

Latest Naismith rumour:

‎Jack Cummings‎ to NORWICH CITY FC FAN CLUB

1 hr ·

Steven Naismith is in discussions with the Norwich City about the termination of his contract.

[Sky Sports]

Interest in Josh Murphy from Brighton, Fulham and Boro. (various sources).
Have put this here, even thou LDC decided to set up a topic for Josh.

Swansea and WBA are thought to be lining up  3 mill bid for Ben Godfrey. C. Palace also thought to be interested. (source BBC).

Very bad news that, if true.

I thought that self-funding meant that we brought these youngsters through to our first team and sold them on when established for the maximum.

He''s only played one league game for us, as a late substitute, but I have high hopes for him and would guess his value would increase rapidly based upon every report.

Would I not like this.

i hope he stays. Likely to get good pitch time this year as he rotates with tettey

However even at liverpool and manu every player has their price. £3m isnt enough but if it gets over £5m it is harder to say no.

Price and the players desire to leave likely to make move happen.

Do not want to see Godfrey move we need him to compete with and learn off Tettey, when everytime he was missing last year we looked pretty clueless but can no longer manage a 46 game league season. If we are selling everyone who looks promising for the future that''s not building anything, thats asset stripping. Although in all honesty I don''t think we''ll be selling.

True and nothing has been either offered or accepted yet.

It''s easy to get nervous in the present climate though and it would remind me of the Coventry situation when we poached Maddison.

This boy is likely to be worth much more in the near future so to agree to a sale would not only reduce our outlook for next season but would be short-sighted in respect of beyond that.

The irony of possibly being out-muscled by parachute money highlights our demise.

Would be an error to give an aging Tettey a new deal while selling his long term heir. If he''s worth £3m now, imagine how much he could be worth after a good season at this level.