Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

How not to hold a sale at the club shop

Interesting article in the EDP re the melee at the club shop today

Never seen this happen at another club

We have even lost the ability to sell goods properly to the fans

You really couldn''t make this stuff up

"Another fan travelled from Lowestoft but was unable to get into the shop".

Too fat??

Waveney''s posting while he waits for the firemen to cut him out of the doorway.

"Lost the ability to sell properly to fans"

What''s properly?.....you can only sell it once...one man''s money is as good as anybody elses regardless of what they intend to do with it afterwards.

As far as the club are concerned this is dated tat that''s been lying around all season that they need shifting quickly to make room before the new stock arrives , cant think they''re too concerned about who it''s sold too just that it''s shifted quickly

The goal is to sell clearance items so that they can get new lines in. The sake has been on a whole le, so if they get rid of a huge pile in one go that sounds fine to me.

I don''t really get it though. It sounded like non-fans thought they could make a killing buying old stock and selling it on. I''ve never really found the club were that generous with discounts.
Anyone care to enlighten me?

My thoughts precisely - the chances of last season''s kit becoming a ''cult'' kit and worth more in time are very slim, given that we ultimately had a pretty poor season.

I saw something a few days ago about a sale coming up and there would be lots of things selling for £1, this can''t have applied to the shirts surely so what sort of things were they selling of that cheap?

....... so what sort of things were they selling of that cheap?

Cutlery, tables and chairs, from ''Yellows''?

Everything is/was a£1

I went Monday had no idea sale as on, actually went looking for the new shirt only to find signs saying everything£1

Got a couple of t shirts and 2 leather wallets for £4.

A friend went on tue got 2 jackets, originally £70 each, yes u guessed it £1 each, there were no jackets on Monday , seems they are bringing different stock out each day.

“Lardy boy creates a stink” nothing new there, bleedin train has to wait an extra 5 mins in the morning to squeeze him on.

I think the sad part was there were genuine fans queuing to get a bargain who can''t afford to pay £60 for a coat and then there were money hungry toss pots who just stuck it all eBay.

I''d say the que was 10% fans vs 90% Del boys.

All the club needed to do was ask can you at least name 1 player or the manager and you''d of solved the problem, the main issue in shutting the store was people literally coming in with boxes and filling them up. On Friday it was a strict 10 items per customer but then families turned up with 8 kids plus Nan and Grandad and I''m sure a few "uncles" and just took the Mickey hoarding hundreds of items until more "friends" turned up.

Absolute shambles. Don''t blame the families for want to make money but the club shouldn''t of allowed it. To add insult to injury I spent the day before at Chessington and got quite familiar with their que jumping policy, just wish NCFC had a similar stance 😩

We went Mon. I didn''t know a sale was on, but was amazed at the sign saying everything was a £1. We went in and had to ask several times whether things were a £1.

There were no official shirts, but I bought t-shirts, shorts etc for myself and son.

A shop is a shop. It sells to anyone who wants to buy. I don''t get this "true fans nonsense" as that means you can only shop in Tesco''s if you''re a tesco fan, or Next if you''ll never buy anywhere else. That''s daft.

What gobsmacked me was that "everything was a £1" I get that they wanted to shift stock so get new lines in, but I''ve never seen prices like this anywhere unless it''s closing down.

WE were lucky, in the right place at right time (e.g. one sweatshirt normally cost £40) but fans or customers can''t complain as it appears to have been advertised and is on over a number of days