Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Team v Lynn

Burning 10,000 calories?......The training pitches at Colney would be ablaze, and the indoor dome would be like the Goodyear Blimp and now be at altitude and drifting across the North Sea......

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Indy Bones disagreed with the treatment of RvW by a number of professional coaches (Hughton/Adams/Neil), who know far more about football than he ever will. Most coaches, fans, and even Stevie Wonder could come to the conclusion that van Wolfswinkel was seriously out of his depth but Indy Bones fought against that notion until he was blue in the face- so your contradictory argument against KG has kind of blown up in your face.[/quote]But would you expect any other fan to accept my opinion - or would they likely go with one of the aforementioned managers?
The fact remains that ALL of the strikers we played under Hughton''s system struggled to perform, RvW along with Hooper was asked to play a role that has NEVER been in his wheelhouse (and never will be), and thus it wasn''t a surprise to see a guy being give jack all supply in a totally inappropriate role struggling to perform.
We wouldn''t have asked Iwan to play on the shoulder of the last defender and use his pace to break past, we wouldn''t have asked Flecky to play as a burly target man, and yet when RvW was asked to play a completely unsuited role - he was the one getting slated rather than the manager asking him to do it...

Read back through each of my responses, there isn''t a single insult in there

So sarcasm isn''t insulting

How many more ludicrous statements are people going to make over the coming weeks despite having ZERO knowledge of what''s happening inside the club, or indeed as to WHY players may well be unable to play a full 90 minutes after extensive training for the past fortnight???

Coming from KG next week - "Why Alex Ferguson knew nothing about the game and just made excuses", also on the agenda is the revelation that half the premier league should be appointing Kenyan and Ethiopian marathon runners instead of their current fitness teams.

So I have to accept what Paul McVeigh said over real fitness coaches such as those who train marines. And I didn''t call him a liar just questioned his statement.

And indeed the fitness coaches at football clubs have moved on. They tell the players to watch their weight, BMI and fitness over the close season and may well plan fitness regimes and dietary plans.

The players should remain at a certain level and retain muscle memory during the close season. That alleviates the need for the runs up Mousehold that were needed as before players just went on holiday and ate and drank to excess.

I don''t mind us being poles apart in ideas about the club. And you are right that we won''t agree on this subject. And you are very selective in which of my points about fitness you respond to.

But do not believe that you are free to insult because you think I have no knowledge of the subject whereas it is something I have followed closely.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Read back through each of my responses, there isn''t a single insult in there
So sarcasm isn''t insulting
How many more ludicrous statements are people going to make over the coming weeks despite having ZERO knowledge of what''s happening inside the club, or indeed as to WHY players may well be unable to play a full 90 minutes after extensive training for the past fortnight???
Coming from KG next week - "Why Alex Ferguson knew nothing about the game and just made excuses", also on the agenda is the revelation that half the premier league should be appointing Kenyan and Ethiopian marathon runners instead of their current fitness teams.

So I have to accept what Paul McVeigh said over real fitness coaches such as those who train marines.[/quote]1) Do you have any extensive knowledge over our current training regime?
2) Do you have any in-depth knowledge over our players current fitness levels, and what they have been doing since the end of the season, during the break, or on return to pre-season training?
3) Does training Marines OR Marathon runners have any real relevance in terms of training footballers when you have no idea as to what training programme and system currently being used by our club?
If you think a hint of sarcasm is enough to start crying about ''insults'' and making ''coward'' remarks, then we really have entered the ''snowflake'' society, and it''s all a bit laughable tbh.
[quote]I don''t mind us being poles apart in ideas about the club. And you are right that we won''t agree on this subject. And you are very selective in which of my points about fitness you respond to.[/quote]I simply pointed out that I trust the knowledge, judgement, experience and expertise of our coaching staff over a random guy on a forum who''s coming at this from the angle of a completely different sport.
[quote]But do not believe that you are free to insult because you think I have no knowledge of the subject whereas it is something I have followed closely.[/quote]I''m happy to defer to your knowledge and understanding of marathon running as long as you don''t try to claim that our coaching staff are making excuses over fitness despite you being totally unaware of our current training and the fitness levels of each of our players.
I also retain my right to use sarcasm in response to people, especially if those people are going to start wobbling their bottom lip over it in response [:D]

Nepotominism gave the team a morale boosting team-talk just before kick off at Lynn.......That''s why they were tired......

He''s a good cure for severe insomnia......apparently......

I also retain my right to use sarcasm in response to people, especially if those people are going to start wobbling their bottom lip over it in response Big Smile [:D]

You don''t have any right to use sarcasm when addressing me. If I address you that way then fair enough but I am from a generation that had to earn rights. Who the hell do you think you are? I am fed up with with the "it is my right" brigade.

And forget about snowflakes. You are the one being insulting from behind a keyboard. The same arrogance that made you post a headline that you were back on the forum.

Say whatever you like from now on as I will not be replying. It is my right.

It would probably pay not to get this involved in managers post match comments. They have to do it. They don''t want to do it. They have an idea what questions will be asked and try to give an answer without going in to too much detail or giving away anything they don''t want to. 

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]You don''t have any right to use sarcasm when addressing me.[/quote]Actually I do, this is an internet message board and a sarcastic response is perfectly viable and certainly far better than direct insults or threats which I understand most people would take umbrage with.
[quote]I am from a generation that had to earn rights. Who the hell do you think you are?[/quote]Someone who believes that ALL people are born with a certain degree of ''rights'' rather than having to earn all of them.
[quote]And forget about snowflakes. You are the one being insulting from behind a keyboard.[/quote]Are you STILL crying about a bit of sarcasm?
[quote]The same arrogance that made you post a headline that you were back on the forum.

Say whatever you like from now on as I will not be replying. It is my right.[/quote]I''d been away for some time dealing with personal issues and just wanted to let people know I was back, it''s hardly arrogant to do so, and in fact I got a number of pleasant comments welcoming me back, so I have no idea what your issue is with this.
As for your right not to reply, absolutely, at least I won''t have to hear any more about how Farke and our coaching staff don''t know what they''re doing and just make excuses in your mind...

Senior Players six weeks holiday played 45 minutes. Press quote from the manger. "They were tired". What sort of a world do we live in?.

[quote user="hardley"]Senior Players six weeks holiday played 45 minutes. Press quote from the manger. "They were tired". What sort of a world do we live in?.[/quote]

you understand nothing about sports conditioning

modern footballers train to be able to play 90 minutes no more no less this takes conditioning and routine to get to that level you have a break you remain very fit but not in the same way

that''s why in the world cup once they get into extra time half the teams look ready to drop