Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Where Will You Be 7pm On Wednesday ?

Having watched all the England games either at home or having a BBQ with friends i have been invited to a pub for the semi final. Not a superstitious person but do i risk putting a jinx on it ?

Having watched all the England games either at home or having a BBQ with friends i have been invited to a pub for the semi final. Not a superstitious person but do i risk putting a jinx on it ?

To be honest, you have already used two different methods of enjoying watching.

I think superstitions really ought to be ying or yang and you are bringing yong into it.

Not saying your friends are party poopers but the pub would probably be the greatest atmosphere.

Does Norwich not have a big screen anywhere like many other places?

I know what you are saying KG but being in a crowd and having to fight your way to the bar to be served beer in a plastic glass at £5 a go only to have it probably knocked out of your hand when England score ( see what i said there ) and also to be showered in alcohol by people who have more money than sense chucking it in the air is not overly appealing at 66. [:D]

VIP seats in Scratby have come to an end. I guess I will be at home this time. It''s coming home anyway...

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I know what you are saying KG but being in a crowd and having to fight your way to the bar to be served beer in a plastic glass at £5 a go only to have it probably knocked out of your hand when England score ( see what i said there ) and also to be showered in alcohol by people who have more money than sense chucking it in the air is not overly appealing at 66. [:D][/quote]
Drinking a cup of tea indoors while she is moaning about missing Holby City sounds much more appealing. [:S]

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 09/07/2018 5:54 PM:

Squares or Brannigan''s......

👍🏻 Great memories of watching the football in those

Yeah they had the big screens and large TV''s so wherever you stood you didn''t have a restricted view......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Squares or Brannigan''s surrounded by empty crisp packets, pizza boxes, McCain microwave chips,

half drunk 2 litre ''fat'' coke bottles, haribo sweetie bags and

loadsa other goodies [/quote]

Squit can wipe your portly botty for you......don''t wanna foul your pudgy fidgets with cack and stain your QWERTY........ 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Having watched all the England games either at home or having a BBQ with friends i have been invited to a pub for the semi final. Not a superstitious person but do i risk putting a jinx on it ?
[/quote]
Where? In a restaurant where they definitely don''t have a television.

In Edinburgh enjoying the game with a few fellow Scots.

PS Went to Hearts training ground and saw Mr Naismith today prior to their friendly game against Queen of the South tomorrow night in Dumfries

I know what you are saying KG but being in a crowd and having to fight your way to the bar to be served beer in a plastic glass at £5 a go only to have it probably knocked out of your hand when England score ( see what i said there ) and also to be showered in alcohol by people who have more money than sense chucking it in the air is not overly appealing at 66

I understand some pubs put up their prices during the England games.

If it is true then it is no surprise more people than ever buy most of their alcohol in a supermarket.

The Tavern in Dereham has sapped me of any energy, and my liver is taking a beating from us progressing through this tournament. Night at home is on the cards!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I know what you are saying KG but being in a crowd and having to fight your way to the bar to be served beer in a plastic glass at £5 a go only to have it probably knocked out of your hand when England score ( see what i said there ) and also to be showered in alcohol by people who have more money than sense chucking it in the air is not overly appealing at 66. [:D]
[/quote]
Time is short Tilly so why not take a test drive in the TV lounge of your local care home ?
Residents staring blankly at the screen thinking it''s all pretty '' Pointless ''. No bouncing off the ceiling in '' moments of excitement '' either.
It''d be just like being at Carrow Rd....[:D]

Will be at home with a load of family and friends sundhine, bbq, beer and a World Cup semi-final - does it get any better than that - apart from the same for a World Cup final and winning!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]I know what you are saying KG but being in a crowd and having to fight your way to the bar to be served beer in a plastic glass at £5 a go only to have it probably knocked out of your hand when England score ( see what i said there ) and also to be showered in alcohol by people who have more money than sense chucking it in the air is not overly appealing at 66. [:D]
[/quote]Time is short Tilly so why not take a test drive in the TV lounge of your local care home ?
Residents staring blankly at the screen thinking it''s all pretty '' Pointless ''. No bouncing off the ceiling in '' moments of excitement '' either.
It''d be just like being at Carrow Rd....[:D][/quote][:D]

How wrong you are "and Smith must score", I was watching the Colombia game with my mother in law, who is in a dementia unit, when Eric Dier slotted that penalty away the place went mad, the air was full of hearing aids, false teeth, walking aids, prosthetic limbs and air cushions, we celebrated with a cup of Ovaltine and an extra hob nob.......

At 7pm on Wednesday I will be in Moscow at the game.

Actually, I will be at home in Norwich watching on the telly, but you can dream, can''t you?

I think Wednesday is the serious day when peace and quiet may be needed for the, hopefully, 90 minutes.

But Sunday has to be party time.

[quote user="The voice of reasoned debate "]I plan to have myself blind folded, tied up with an orange in my mouth and locked in my hotel wardrobe[/quote]
That must be one hell of a sized wardrobe. [;)]

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]How wrong you are "and Smith must score", I was watching the Colombia game with my mother in law, who is in a dementia unit, when Eric Dier slotted that penalty away the place went mad, the air was full of hearing aids, false teeth, walking aids, prosthetic limbs and air cushions, we celebrated with a cup of Ovaltine and an extra hob nob.......[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="The voice of reasoned debate "]I plan to have myself blind folded, tied up with an orange in my mouth and locked in my hotel wardrobe[/quote]I preferred you when you kept getting banned and then opened new accounts. Just repetitively changing your name like City 1st is boring. [:''(]

Sitting at home watching on the 55in tv.. tho depending how game goes I''m not sure where il be at the end.

Watched England since 1986...but when Colombia equalised in R16 I sat thru extra time and then to my great shame I had to get out so I walked dog rather than watch England lose another pen shoot out!

At home with the family, drinking a can of beer and telling the rest of um what England are doing wrong.  As for my voluntary driving for Oak & Furrows wildlife rescue, they know not to phone when the match is on.