Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jordan Rhodes

We''d get a good fee for Nelson as he''s got a solid goalscoring record at this level and is still a good age.

I still remember Roberts first season large sections of the Barclay booed every single time he touched the ball

not that you can find many of them who admit it

This is getting monotonous ...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/09/por-norwich-agree-deal-for-wednesdays-rhodes/page/1/

Starting to feel like the naismith on off on saga

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Starting to feel like the naismith on off on saga[/quote]
Maybe, but without the same financial outlay.  This would be a win win signing - if it works we get goals, if it doesn''t work he goes back to Sheffield the following season.

As a loan signing at an obviously reduced price to what was originally rumoured I dont see the problem.

Put it this way, we aren''t going to get anyone with more championship goals within our budget. I''m not personally sure he suits the system but equally if he isnt an egotistical bellend and scores goals for us then quite frankly I do not care.

He was born in Oldham, his Dad is from Yorkshire and he plays for Scotland because he went to school there. He was at Ipswich for only 4 years and left them when he was 19 - he was previously at Barnsleys academy and has played for 4 teams since leaving them.

He played only 10 times for Ipswich and never started a game, scoring only 1 goal.

He may well be a fan but he''s hardly one of their legends is he?

It never stopped our fans, from reminding him of his past, when he played here.

It will really cheese them off though, if he does score against them

Perfectly happy with this one if it happens - needs a fresh start, and as ever the figures will be nowhere near those mentioned (but as with Wildschutt, prepare for them to be wheeled out incorrectly every time someone needs a stick)

Good move. I like the intent.

We would seem to have more to gain than lose.

More likely to return to goalscoring ways than not at his age.

Get a few million for Oliveira to finance it (and remove that thorn from the manager''s side at the same time.)

I feel that our squad is as good as we can expect considering, but a lot of new boys will need to come off and Farke needs to show that he has learnt from his initial exposure to the trials and tribulations of English Championship football

My glass is gradually filling up, but with Foster''s Lager, not Dom Perignon.

I will raise a glass of Devon Must cider to our success tonight if this news gets released by the club.

Fantastic early window if we pull this one out of the bag. We have to accept our financial restrictions and to me this stretches them to the max.

I remain very meh.

Must say though, lots of credit for Webber and his team so far in getting deals done early and addressing positions of need- very efficient.

[quote user="king canary"]I remain very meh.

Must say though, lots of credit for Webber and his team so far in getting deals done early and addressing positions of need- very efficient.[/quote]

They have got numbers in agreed, remains to be see if they are any good... Happy with Rhodes if it comes off, proven at this level.

Rhodes will be as bored as Nelson was and wonder why he ever considered moving here.

His best hope is that Farke will be sacked by November and the club will install a manager that actually recognises centre forwards.

Firstly, the loan fee isn''t £3 million. It''s been lowered and that was reported. Figure I''ve heard is £1.5 million.Secondly, lots of people have been banging on about getting "a striker who knows the Championship" and "we don''t want anymore foreign players"... Both of your weird dreams just came true.

I think we have to accept that this is a bit of a risk but probably one worth taking.

Everyone realises we need a striker (or two) and that our funds are very limited. We can''t go out and buy a proven striker for the fees and wages we have available so this looks like the very best we can achieve.

For me if we can get a fee for NO and can bring in a young striker either from lower league of premier team on loan than we would have made the very best of what we have available.

[quote user="komakino"]Rhodes will be as bored as Nelson was and wonder why he ever considered moving here.

His best hope is that Farke will be sacked by November and the club will install a manager that actually recognises centre forwards.[/quote]
I''m quoting you just so you feel like you''ve received some attention. You''re one of those trolls people just ignore, and I sympathise with you.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="komakino"]Rhodes will be as bored as Nelson was and wonder why he ever considered moving here.

His best hope is that Farke will be sacked by November and the club will install a manager that actually recognises centre forwards.[/quote]
I''m quoting you just so you feel like you''ve received some attention. You''re one of those trolls people just ignore, and I sympathise with you.
[/quote]

The service the forwards received last season was diabolical. Farke''s tactics simply do not work, so it is reasonable to suggest that Rhodes will be better suited by a manager who understands that the last third of the pitch is where the game is won or lost. Farke''s style of football has got the club absolutely nowhere.

I''d prefer the option of buying someone personally, as £1.5m if true still seems a lot to borrow someone''s player for a year and pay their, probably extortionate, wages. I''m sure there''s a very good reason for why we''ve opted to loan someone though.

With that said, if he somehow fires us into the play-offs then hats off to the club for taking a risk. We shall have to wait and see!