Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jordan Rhodes

The official (well, Michael Bailey) statement is that we''re paying "a chunk" of his £40K wages. Anyone know what a chunk is? I''d guess at half, any more might be a problem in the dressing room.

Alan Nixon, Sun reporter has suggested that you’re paying his wages in full plus a 1m fee.

He’s been sh!te for the last 3 years - not sure that playing up front alone with no service is likely to change that.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Can i just point out to you King Keano that jealousy is an ugly emotion.[/quote]

I’m not the slightest bit jealous. He’s been sh!te for 3 years now....can’t see that changing with the way you play! Only have to look at Oliveira to see what happens with your playing style!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="King Keano"]Rumour has it you’re paying his wages of 40k a week in full plus a 1m loan fee.

All of that for a play that’s scored 14 goals in his last 75 league appearances.

Mental![/quote]Yeah, we''re not paying 40k a week.
Looks like ''broke Norwich'' are spending a hell of a lot more than your lot this season though...[/quote]When was the last time the binners spent £1m on a player Hoggy?
Or is that just another part of their ''glorious history''?

If Rhodes is on high wages, then that is not going to go down well with some of the other players, especially when Webber placed a sub £10K per week on new signings last year.

I still find this signing very odd. Why create a wage structure which is perfectly sensible and then throw it away for Jordan Rhodes?

Not thrilled with this always thought he was a poor fit for what we are currently doing and costly. However he''s here and signed so will get behind and hope he rattles the goals in.

[quote user="King Keano"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Can i just point out to you King Keano that jealousy is an ugly emotion.
[/quote]

I’m not the slightest bit jealous. He’s been sh!te for 3 years now....can’t see that changing with the way you play! Only have to look at Oliveira to see what happens with your playing style![/quote]KK, next time that nice Mr. Evans comes by and flicks some more of his small change into your tin, why not ask him if he can spare a little more so you can buy a player too.
Just trying to help....
I hate to see you so upset. [:''(]

[quote user="King Keano"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Can i just point out to you King Keano that jealousy is an ugly emotion.[/quote]

I’m not the slightest bit jealous. He’s been sh!te for 3 years now....can’t see that changing with the way you play! Only have to look at Oliveira to see what happens with your playing style![/quote]
Not jealous?
Fella, you navigated a Norwich City website, logged in, went into the forums, and posted about a player your illustrious owner would never fund for yourselves. Looks like he wants to shift Waghorn out too after one good season. Not bothered either way really as he won''t repeat it.

Wasn''t KK telling us earlier we had no dosh and didn''t have a pot to pi$$ in? That free transfer signing from Crawley Town must have gone to his head.

The club has concocted some poor transfer deals in the recent past but I do not think for one minute that we have paid more than £1m for Rhodes or that we are allowing his signing to break our current wages structure. This includes talk of even putting £20k per week towards his pot.

It would make absolutely no sense otherwise as it would mean a philanthropic gesture towards Wednesday of unprecedented proportions given the obvious question marks surrounding the player''s recent failure there and his current use to them. .

I also feel that there is a strong possibility that his reported current wage at Bramall Lane is highly improbable.

I can, however, imagine some performance related agreement

Any rumours otherwise are the kind of silly thinking that has given Sun reporting it''s lack of credibility and has led to ITFC followers reckoning that Martyn Waghorn is worth £20m.

Apart that is from the absolute irony of a binner actually coming onto our forum attempting to deride our club''s financial dealings by peeling off ludicrous figures when his club has only been dealing in peanuts for years.

We sign people with no experience of this league but potential, people on here are elated, sign a striker with over a 100 goals at this level, people are spectical... It''s a weird world these days. Hope it works out as I do the other signings.

Rhodes will not score a single goal for the following reasons:

1. He is blue.

2. Delia is blue in disguise and she personally signed him to make sure he doesn''t score.

3. He is not hungry and motivated to score.

4. He is here for the money.

5. Farke will make sure no balls go in the box.

Big Vince wrote the following post at 10/07/2018 6:14 PM:

Rhodes will not score a single goal for the following reasons:

1. He is blue.

2. Delia is blue in disguise and she personally signed him to make sure he doesn''t score.

3. He is not hungry and motivated to score.

4. He is here for the money.

5. Farke will make sure no balls go in the box.

And whats the down side Vince 😉

Well it''s pissed the binners off so worth every penny in my book, especially if he scores against them.

Squad coming along nicely and looks like we''ll have competition for most positions.

Even if it is £1M and 40K a week for the season, that doesn''t add up to even £4M.

We would have had to fork out a bit over £8M on current values I believe ( correct me if that is not right), plus his wages of minimum half million per season.

And if it works out then if we starting converting chances those of us not rating DF''s tactics or style could be eating our words if we climb the table.

If it doesn''t then we won''t have a Naismith on our hands.

And surely even footballers can understand that it is normally strikers who get the bigger wages,

Carrow Rhodes it is.

Could be a bit like Lukaku (if you''ve seen his piece about being Belgian / Congolese)....

A legend for leaving the Binners and playing for a proper team when he is scoring for fun.

When he''s playing shite then it will clearly be because he''s a Binner through and through.

Either way he''ll keep this messageboard going for the whole season on his own.

Lets just hope different club different form

we need a goal scorer he has done it in the past so lets hope he can regain some form

Michael Bailey is saying:

"I''m liking a lot of what I''m seeing from Rhodes. Winning headers, looks fit - & almost harrying the Imps into an error. There are signs of a presence up front that City have been missing for a while."

Sounds promising! And a long way from what we had last year.

To save Waveney or MP the trouble:

"Oh wow, we''ve spent 2/3 million on a player who can set two goals up against Lincoln - what a great investment."

Personally I think this is a very shrewd investment -

a Naismith-style risk, but without the un-retractable x year contract in the event things don''t work out.

Yes, liking this deal more and more even though I feel reports of the cost of it all could well be exaggerated, especially the wage level undertaken by our club.

I particularly liked Farke''s comments about the player''s role after the friendly last night, as not only did they give an indication that the manager is very aware of last season''s shortcomings but they also suggested that a change of his overall tactical approach might be on the cards.

We can but hope.

The presence of Rhodes and all the other new players, especially McClean, would seem to promise that, even devoid of the Maddison/Murphy contribution, our ''goals-for'' column will make more pleasant reading next season.

JR, going by past achievements should notch up a few, with every one of them being a dagger in the side of the binners who, although bemoaning his original departure from their club for ages and lambasting Roy Keane for his part in it, have now suddenly and unanimously decided that he is a limited player who has passed his best.

We''ll see.

"Anyone who has seen Rhodes in action will know he relies on good quality service from the midfield. He is not the type of forward who makes chances for himself. His team-mates have to do the ''donkey work''. It is in the 18-yard box where he comes alive. He is a poacher."

Article in the Sheffield Star discussing Rhodes''s failure at Wednesday and suggesting that the manager(s) did not play to his strengths and the player subsequently lost confidence.

Nothing perhaps that we didn''t know already and we do have a wealth of midfielders and some new width to do the ''donkey work'' and feed the do .. (oops!) player.