Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jordan Rhodes

£1.5M is too much money for me. That''s £30K p/w for a club that is supposedly in financial hardship and had to beg money from fans for the academy.

It didn''t think Norwich City would be doing deals like this anymore for the foreseeable future, so if the figure quoted is true, I find it somewhat contradictory.

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="komakino"]Rhodes will be as bored as Nelson was and wonder why he ever considered moving here.

His best hope is that Farke will be sacked by November and the club will install a manager that actually recognises centre forwards.[/quote]
I''m quoting you just so you feel like you''ve received some attention. You''re one of those trolls people just ignore, and I sympathise with you.
[/quote]

The service the forwards received last season was diabolical. Farke''s tactics simply do not work, so it is reasonable to suggest that Rhodes will be better suited by a manager who understands that the last third of the pitch is where the game is won or lost. Farke''s style of football has got the club absolutely nowhere.[/quote]I think we''re trying to address this aren''t we? The players signed (especially in Marshall and Rhodes) suggests a different style of play with more crosses coming into the box...

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="komakino"]Rhodes will be as bored as Nelson was and wonder why he ever considered moving here.

His best hope is that Farke will be sacked by November and the club will install a manager that actually recognises centre forwards.[/quote]
I''m quoting you just so you feel like you''ve received some attention. You''re one of those trolls people just ignore, and I sympathise with you.
[/quote]

The service the forwards received last season was diabolical. Farke''s tactics simply do not work, so it is reasonable to suggest that Rhodes will be better suited by a manager who understands that the last third of the pitch is where the game is won or lost. Farke''s style of football has got the club absolutely nowhere.[/quote]

Actually I think we created a fair bit last year we just did not put them away...

[/quote]

The service the forwards received last season was diabolical. Farke''s tactics simply do not work, so it is reasonable to suggest that Rhodes will be better suited by a manager who understands that the last third of the pitch is where the game is won or lost. Farke''s style of football has got the club absolutely nowhere.[/quote]
I would agree that at home in the first half of the season we struggled in some games we should have won by not creating enough, equally in a few of those we didn''t take some guilt edge opportunities, as limited as they were.
But I think you''re ignoring the second half of the season where we did regularly create opportunities, particularly at home. We scored more goals, too. And that''s despite selling Jerome, bringing in an unknown quantity in Srbeny and a sulking Oliveira.

I''m going to put it out there early and based on absolutely nothing at all...Rhodes will be the new Naismith.

Apples

Rhodes would know both Grant Hanley and Ben Marshall very well, having spent 3-4 years with them both at Blackburn.

I would imagine both would have been asked about Jordan Rhodes'' character, and I doubt they''d be pursuing this if they didn''t think he could fit in.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Rhodes would know both Grant Hanley and Ben Marshall very well, having spent 3-4 years with them both at Blackburn.

I would imagine both would have been asked about Jordan Rhodes'' character, and I doubt they''d be pursuing this if they didn''t think he could fit in.[/quote]
He is a lot different to how I imagined him, thought he might seem a bit of a hard nut, but seems from this interview quite humble, pleasant and down to earth.

'''' why don''t we ever spend money? we need an established striker!''''

''''aaaah no not that one! why are we spunking all our money?''''

repeat ad nauseum

No doubt we''ve been influenced because his name is Jordan and any footballer of that name can do no wrong at the moment.
For a Club that''s skint, a loan fee of £1.5m + no doubt substantial wages, seems risky.
Hope the rewards match the outlay.

It is worth a gamble I guess, if the club feel like a goalscorer is the missing piece of the jigsaw.

I''d rather we''d have gone after someone younger and permanently but at least we''re addressing the issue.

An interesting one, the club’s been touted with Rhodes for a few years but I didn’t think he’d ever actually come. I like the idea, his career’s gone off the boil in the last couple of years, like a few other Webber era signings. Loan for the year which worked out quite well last year. Low risk financially if it doesn’t work out, yet we potentially acquire an effective forward for this level for a manageable outlay. You would assume there’s a provision to buy if it works out well, if not, the club isn’t lumbered with a pricey contract.

Credit is due for business being done early despite well documented financial constraints. Hopefully the premiership hangover will be finished next may. We are where we are and we need quite a lot of different things to work in our favor to sustain a top six challenge.

Quite likely Nelson and pinto are on the way out and we’ll see one or two young guns from the PL come to learn their trade before the end of the loan window. Looks like Matthews in goal which was probably the plan since last year anyway. The loan system has become increasingly important over the last few years. Welcome Jordan! Fire us to the top flight please and everyone’s a winner!

I hope he’s not afflicted by the strange City phenomenon where strikers seem to lose the ability to score when they join us.

Yep. It''s credible. Although it wasn''t MB I heard it from when I mentioned that earlier. All done... Plus a potential 2.5 million sell on clause from Angus. Someone at the club has a brain after all hey, doubters and miserablists? [;)]

Quite happy with the potential signing of Rhodes. A proven goal scorer if we can get the supply to him. Little concerning if it’s a loan and he has a successful season that he will then be priced out of our reach, unless there is a deal in place for a future fee already sorted

Well, it''s official... I am quietly confident he will get his carreer back on track in Norfolk! Good signing imo...we needed to address the striking options and we have done that

A striker who knows this league is not only a good move for him personally, but it will also help the new players settle in with his experience. Sensible use of money we otherwise wouldn''t have had with the windfall of Gunn if true. Really hoping he hits the ground running and can get close to 20 goals this season!

Yep good signing. IF he can fiind his goal scoring touch he could make the difference in us making the playoffs.

Also encouraging the comments he was desperate to sign for us. Might be just bluster but I like the idea of having players with a point to prove.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Oliveira now?

Because we''ve signed Pukki as well, who is a very different option, I don''t see how anyone can complain about this one.

[quote user="The voice of reasoned debate "]You''ll always be scum

You''ll always be scum

Oh Jordan Rhodes

You''ll always be scum[/quote]Reasoned...

Pleased we have signed a goal scorer. Looking forward to see if he can regain his form

Rumour has it you’re paying his wages of 40k a week in full plus a 1m loan fee.

All of that for a play that’s scored 14 goals in his last 75 league appearances.

Mental!

Make your mind up KK

Are we flat broke and on the verge of administration or able to spend silly money on players?

Also there is zero % chance we''re paying £40k a week to him.

[quote user="King Keano"]Rumour has it you’re paying his wages of 40k a week in full plus a 1m loan fee.

All of that for a play that’s scored 14 goals in his last 75 league appearances.

Mental![/quote]
Yeah, we''re not paying 40k a week.
Looks like ''broke Norwich'' are spending a hell of a lot more than your lot this season though...

[quote user="King Keano"]Rumour has it you’re paying his wages of 40k a week in full plus a 1m loan fee. [/quote]You couldn''''t afford a £1m permanent fee let alone paying that for a loan. Pauper....