Vrancic could be out for a few weeks, shame for him, but at least we have plenty of quality options in midfield.

I can''t say I agree about the quality. Mid table Championship is not quality.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Vrancic could be out for a few weeks, shame for him, but at least we have plenty of quality options in midfield.

I can''t say I agree about the quality. Mid table Championship is not quality.[/quote]
How do you know it''s only mid table championship? 
The season hasn''t started yet.........
[:O]

How do you know it''s only mid table championship?

Simple because we finished 14th and we have sold two of that midfield and replaced them with lesser quality or they too would have gone for big money.

I am not saying we cannot or will not do better next season but merely pointing out your statement is not based on fact but on hope.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]How do you know it''s only mid table championship?

Simple because we finished 14th and we have sold two of that midfield and replaced them with lesser quality or they too would have gone for big money.

I am not saying we cannot or will not do better next season but merely pointing out your statement is not based on fact but on hope.[/quote]
It''s not hope, its based on the fact that the players sold have been replaced with good players and a resulting better balanced looking squad.  In Murphy''s case, we should see an improvement from his area of the pitch - and his and Oliveira''s play last season were decidely mediocre a lot of the time.   Good player out - perhaps better - or more effective - player in. 

It''s not hope, its based on the fact that the players sold have been replaced with good players and a resulting better balanced looking squad.

That is still hope. How do you know it is better balanced? So we haven''t got Maddison anymore but it is better balanced because we have MacLean? You haven''t seen any of the new players play. And name me the big hit signings from last year.

I admire your tenacity in believing in everyone who comes to us must be good and we can still be promoted etc. But you have no evidence for this other than your hope.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]But you have no evidence for this other than your hope.[/quote]Just like you have no evidence that the players we''ve brought in won''t make the side better balanced either KG.
Clearly we were never going to replace Maddison with someone of equal or better quality, so that''s hardly a fair point, and Murphy was horribly inconsistent and thus it''s perfectly reasonable to think that a replacement could offer this consistency - even if they don''t score a ''worldie'' every 10-15 games (but may offer more to the team overall).
It''s all if''s and but''s at the minute, LDC is probably being slightly over-optimistic (as usual), and others are being too negative (as usual), the truth normally lies somewhere in the middle, and I''d rather see what we''re playing like in the next few months than write off half the team and the season after the first friendly match in pre-season ffs...

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]It''s not hope, its based on the fact that the players sold have been replaced with good players and a resulting better balanced looking squad.

That is still hope. How do you know it is better balanced? So we haven''t got Maddison anymore but it is better balanced because we have MacLean? You haven''t seen any of the new players play. And name me the big hit signings from last year.

I admire your tenacity in believing in everyone who comes to us must be good and we can still be promoted etc. But you have no evidence for this other than your hope.[/quote]
I would call it trust, not hope. Trust that McLean will fit in well. Trust that Leitner will kick on this season, trust that Vrancic, once fit will continue to improve and develop, that Buendia will be able to step up to the plate.  I also trust it will be bettter balanced as a squad - in terms of what Farke is trying to achieve.   We were unbalanced last season, not enough choices up front to start with, so I do not hope the squad will be better balanced, I expect it and I trust that it will be.

A shame for him, but will give some of the newbies plus the returning Thompson and Godfrey some extra game time

[quote user="lake district canary"]
[quote user="keelansgrandad"]It''s not hope, its based on the fact that the players sold have been replaced with good players and a resulting better balanced looking squad.

I admire your tenacity in believing in everyone who comes to us must be good and we can still be promoted etc. But you have no evidence for this other than your hope.[/quote]
I would call it trust, not hope. Trust that McLean will fit in well. Trust that Leitner will kick on this season, trust that Vrancic, once fit will continue to improve and develop, that Buendia will be able to step up to the plate.  I also trust it will be bettter balanced as a squad - in terms of what Farke is trying to achieve.   We were unbalanced last season, not enough choices up front to start with, so I do not hope the squad will be better balanced, I expect it and I trust that it will be.
Totally agree with KG.
LDC''s mega-upbeat view of NCFC doesn''t do hope, only unwavering trust.
Most supporters want it to work but it''s only hope that the new line-up will gell and we''ll have a better season this time round.
[/quote]

Can i just ask you Lakey is Murphy the new Snodgrass as you keep banging on about him in a negative way ?

Disappointing re Vrancic. Think he will be a big player for us this season assuming he gets fit.

That’s the welcome advantage of having a squad full of bang average Championship players - no player will be particularly missed when injured.

Talking of injuries and talking of players who we dont know what they will give, there is only one certain thing we know in this life about one particular player and Farke''s update on injuries contained that one certainty....Matt Jarvis is injured and hence nowhere near first team action.
Im sure thru the pre season fixtures there will be 1 or 2 other injuries to other players, its normal, but hopefully nothing long term.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Can i just ask you Lakey is Murphy the new Snodgrass as you keep banging on about him in a negative way ?
[/quote]
Not a Snodgrass, but if people keep banging on that we can''t improve on what he did last season in his position on the field, then I will keep banging on about his shortcomings and the potential for improvements from players coming in.

Not a Snodgrass, but if people keep banging on that we can''t improve on what he did last season in his position on the field, then I will keep banging on about his shortcomings and the potential for improvements from players coming in.

Murphy was indeed an enigma last season. And another manager believes he can harness the talent we saw from him in the early days.

I hope so because I was so impressed with him as a youngster and wouldn''t want to see that talent wasted.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Murphy was indeed an enigma last season. And another manager believes he can harness the talent we saw from him in the early days.

I hope so because I was so impressed with him as a youngster and wouldn''t want to see that talent wasted.[/quote]
Nothing would please me more than to see Josh and Jacob doing really well at the top level, but in terms of what we need for mounting a challenge next season, effectiveness on a consistent level is what we want, not the odd wonder goal.  

I would be amazed if this squad is not battling against relegation , totally lacking any class whatsoever , all the money raked in through sales and still we cannot make one decent signing . Norwich have never had much success with foreigners and now we have a squad full of second if not third rate ones , no striker worth the name at the club and a massive drop in the standard of the goalkeeper.

Well Lakey, you''ve done well if your objective was to get all the trolls within one thread - some of them sound like they could do with happy pills. Or going for a walk or something at the very least.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Mounting a challenge you say Lakey, what a dreamer you are.
[/quote]
I would hope we will be mounting a challenge, strong in posession, dominate matches, steps taken to replace the effect of Maddison leaving, a forward in Pukki who can play wide, Marshall Buendia and Hernandez who can play wide, all positive steps.  A defence who have shown they are capable of being the meanest in the division, strengthened by Passlack, Tettey remaining, young players bursting to make an impact.  Why shouldn''t we make a challenge?  All it needs is for your favourite player Srbeny to show he can adapt after a full pre-season and we are up and running - with still time to strengthen the front line further.
I''ll dream on.....
[:P]

[quote user="lake district canary"]  A defence who have shown they are capable of being the meanest in the division,
[/quote]
Oh you mean that defence which conceded 3 goals or more 9 times in the league which gave us a minus 11 goal difference culminating in that 5-1 drubbing at Sheff Wed on the final day ?

[quote user="lake district canary"]  All it needs is for your favourite player Srbeny to show he can adapt after a full pre-season and we are up and running
[/quote]
Srbeny arrived in January and you are still waiting for him to adapt ?

January signings not hiting their best form until the following season is a pretty common occurance to be honesty. No saying Srbeny is going to end up tearing yeh league up, but a playing not settling into a team in half a season really isn’t that unusual.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I would hope we will be mounting a challenge, strong in posession, dominate matches, steps taken to replace the effect of Maddison leaving, a forward in Pukki who can play wide, Marshall Buendia and Hernandez who can play wide, all positive steps.  A defence who have shown they are capable of being the meanest in the division, strengthened by Passlack, Tettey remaining, young players bursting to make an impact.  Why shouldn''t we make a challenge?  All it needs is for your favourite player Srbeny to show he can adapt after a full pre-season and we are up and running - with still time to strengthen the front line further.
I''ll dream on.....
[:P]
[/quote]
All positive steps?
How do you know that - you haven''t seen Pukki, Buendia or Passback playing a game yet.
Just because there may be a few very selective highlights on Youtube you assume that they are going to work wonders.
Tetty is more than likely to be injured or suspended (or both) and Srbeny has an awful lot to prove, not least that he is not as awful as he''s looked so far.
You put far too much trust and faith in the spin that comes out of Carrow Road but to their credit they, as yet, have not said anything about mounting a challenge for anything.
They know that survival this season is the number one priority.
As I see it, this is Year 2 of a transition that will probably take 3 or 4 years to complete, even if the Webberlution is allowed to run it''s course, which hopefully it won''t.

A defence who have shown they are capable of being the meanest in the division,

I’m lost for words

[quote user="Making Plans"] "they, as yet, have not said anything about mounting a challenge for anything."
"They know that survival this season is the number one priority."
"As I see it, this is Year 2 of a transition that will probably take 3 or 4 years to complete"
"even if the Webberlution is allowed to run it''s course, which hopefully it won''t."
[/quote]
1. Why should they say anything?  The priority is to have the best season possible, just play every match as it comes and try to win it.
2. Survival is aiming low - in sport you aim high or suffer the consequences.
3. Year 2 it is, but there is no reason why success can''t happen this season.
4. If it takes 3 or 4 years to complete - ie to get success, why would you want it not to run it''s course?

[quote user="JF"]A defence who have shown they are capable of being the meanest in the division,

I’m lost for words[/quote]
So am I if you have forgotten the record set for clean sheets last season, how many games on the trot was it? 10? 11?  Shows a pretty good capability of being mean wouldn''t you say?

And yet that mean defence conceded something like only 9 goals less than the team that apparently couldn’t defend for toffee the season before. Mean is not a word that many people would use for our defence last season