Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Ronaldo

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I can''t wait to see what the Juve version of the Pink Un is saying about spending that sort of money on a 33 year old.[/quote]
One word Crabby.................deadwood![;)]

The Juve fans are probably concerned about how he is going to fit into their system and whether he works hard enough...

Apples

Plot twist, he sensibly spends it on investing more money

He actually gives me money each week to pay for my whittling habit. I get through so much wood and knives that I asked for crowdfunding and he came to my rescue.

That contract (including transfer fee) is costing Juve over £200m for a 33 year old. Nuts!

"Allegedly" he has a back tax bill for 20 million Euros to pay for undeclared earnings from image rights and is moving to Italy because of their very advantageous tax rules for overseas earnings.
Feel sorry for him, must be living hand to mouth.

If you bother to read the article fully you must just take in the fact that most of this is done without seeking publicity and some of the gestures mentioned show Ronaldo to be a caring human being. As an example read where a woman wrote asking for a shirt to help raise £55k for an operation needed by her child, Instead of a shirt he sent the £55K .
Not one of your better posts Apples if i may say.

Ronaldo is a good guy and does contribute a lot to charity. Obviously he can afford to, but there are many that can but don’t.

Also, Juventus won’t make the money back on shirt sales, as the money made in shirt sales goes to the people who make the shirts. Clubs generally only make 10% of the profit from sales of club wear - the rest going to the manufacture. Clubs will receive a lump sum figure from Nike, Adidas etc at the beginning of a deal, this is for the rights on shirt sales.

I would expect Ronaldo wouldn’t sign for Juventus if they weren’t promising to let him keep a significant chunk of his image rights. I would also imagine the quoted numbers include that so Juventus won’t be paying all of the money that is getting reported.

While Juve are getting a great player who looks after himself and seems to be delaying his decline I wonder if they might not regret giving him a 4 year deal in a couple of seasons time.

Ronaldo''s net worth in 2017 was estimated at $400 million and he''s now going to earn £73,000 a day.

Shame all these people are paying for him to be able to afford to give to charity...http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3562307/cristiano-ronaldos-transfer-to-juventus-leads-fiat-workers-to-call-strike

Apples

I’ve never understood why people feel the need to slag Ronaldo off. He’s the ultimate professional and in my opinion the greatest player of all time. Also as mentioned above he comes across as a very likeable and generous person. Is this a good deal for Juve though? I’d have to say yes because the condition he keeps himself in I wouldn’t bet against him still playing at the top level by the time the next World Cup comes around

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Ronaldo''s net worth in 2017 was estimated at $400 million and he''s now going to earn £73,000 a day.

Shame all these people are paying for him to be able to afford to give to charity...http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3562307/cristiano-ronaldos-transfer-to-juventus-leads-fiat-workers-to-call-strike

Apples[/quote]

Green is such an appropriate colour for you Mr Apples 😤😤😤

He may be very wealthy but as has been said, he doesn’t have to do any of this but chooses to, and you have to admire him for that.

Well here''s hoping once he has paid his massive tax fine in Spain and with the generous tax rates he will get in Italy he can give even more to charity.

Apples

wonder if he islooking to be a Owner of a championship club ;-) when he is finished over there

when bale signed for R Madrid it was said the money from sponsors etc would pay for him and his wages

these players make clubs a lot of money that''s why they are paid so well

[quote user="norfolkngood"]wonder if he islooking to be a Owner of a championship club ;-) when he is finished over there

when bale signed for R Madrid it was said the money from sponsors etc would pay for him and his wages

these players make clubs a lot of money that''s why they are paid so well[/quote]Exactly - economists call it the marginal revenue product of labour! [;)]

Just think of the spin-offs...a combined ticket to visit Pettitts Animal Adventure Park and the Museu CR7 in Funchal.

Looks like there might be a few takers too.

Apples