Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

World Cup Thread

More disjointed than bad, the howling mistake from their GK really knocked the stuffing out of Argentina. But, although down, still not out. I think their chances of slipping thru into the next round is still as good as them missing out.

Oh dear, I''ve just watched the Caballero howler. That will haunt him for a long time.

Germany are 45 minuets from going out 😁🙏🏻

There isn’t a quality team in the tournament, It’s anybody’s. We may not have a better chance than this in years

Agreed JF, but its still early stages, I think you will see teams play to their real potential in the knock out stages.

Sweden what have you done😡😡 10 men and there for the taking

Well, that wasnt fun... First of all, Sweden should have had a penalty in the first half, and where did they find 5 min of added time? Should have been 3 min max.

Sour grapes, I know...

"Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."

Anyone know any Derby fans? Just wondered what they think about thier new manager being on the TV, shouldn''t he be at Pride Park working on potential new signing?

Wow. I know Panama are poor but you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Concerns about England, yes they won impressively, but once again lost it in the second half and we were 2 up before we had a period of passing the ball also at times our passing was awful ! 

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Concerns about England, yes they won impressively, but once again lost it in the second half and we were 2 up before we had a period of passing the ball also at times our passing was awful !  [/quote]

Give it 30 mins, make a cup of tea then read again you post. LOL

Concerns about England, yes they won impressively, but once again lost it in the second half and we were 2 up before we had a period of passing the ball also at times our passing was awful !

Come on. The initial period was of longer balls in behind their back four to get them turning instead of facing us with banks of four or five. We scored then altered our strategy.

Of course we all wanted to see double figures. But I imagine their coach told them to buck up as well.

The sight of seventeen three yard passes betweeen Stones and Trippier made it very clear what the second half was all about.

You want records, go to HMV.

Not a great result for us...better a tough 2-1 or 3-1. 
I know....blah, blah......but the expectation and hype has already gone through the roof....stupid journalists saying stuff like "the nation expects" to Kane afterwards.....all we''ve had is a good win against poor opponents. In the next round we will be just one nation amongst many who are all capable of beating us - if we get further in the competition it''s going to be a real battle. 
So do us a favour journos, can the "we can win this" and "nation expects" stuff - at least until we beat a decent team in the knock out stages.

Some of our defending was awful. Could have been 2 down in the first 10 minutes against a better team.

Belgium, now that''ll be a REAL test.

Not really seen a better side than England yet.

Yes they''ve played a couple of weaker sides but that''s the group stages for you. They still need beating.

They have some great movement upfront and an absolutely deadly striker.

Not a great result for us...better a tough 2-1 or 3-1.

I know....blah, blah......but the expectation and hype has already gone through the roof....stupid journalists saying stuff like "the nation expects" to Kane afterwards.....all we''ve had is a good win against poor opponents. In the next round we will be just one nation amongst many who are all capable of beating us - if we get further in the competition it''s going to be a real battle.

So do us a favour journos, can the "we can win this" and "nation expects" stuff - at least until we beat a decent team in the knock out stages.

For someone who is so upbeat about NCFC even after the most dire performance, you now say the opposite about a team that has just scored six!

We may well go out after the last 16 but rejoice after today''s win and ignore the hype.

Great performance overall- the fact we''ve become so good at set pieces is a real credit to Southgate.

If we''d have taken one extra chance and got one of the penalties we should have had against Tunisia we''d be talking about strolling through this group.

The idea we''d be better off if we''d have won 2-1 is of course, utterly laughable.

As ''rock the boat'' could not understand it first time around.
My Concerns about England,
1.  Once again they lost

it in the second half  (very poor, ended 1-1 with a lucky goal from us.)
2. If it wasn''t for the set pieces we would be in trouble. (the first passing of any significance was when we scored the third goal.
3.  The passing of

the ball, at times was awful !