Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Back to earth....

With the world cup this week, not much has been said about the Lincoln match that I can see. Only a friendly, I know, but with new players making an impression, very encouraging stuff, with Maclean scoring from a good free kick Maddison style, Hernandez scored with a neat finish, Rhodes was effective and great to see that Thompson had a good return match and a goal.

Encouraging indeed, as far as it goes in pre season friendlies. Agree with you about Thompson especially Lakey, had not realised its been 20 months the young lad has battled his way back and two achilles ruptures. Really hope its the start of something good for him, no one deserves a decent run uninjured more than Louis. From the media guys there, only disapointment seems to have been young Raggett, apparently very good with heading the ball but definitely suspect with ball at his feet.
So finally we see our lads in action, minus Wes, Josh, Madders, Watkins, Angus and Read, plenty of decent (we hope) permanents, couple of loans in Rhodes and Passlack, plus the likes of Matthews, Godfrey and Thompson making their mark. Apart from our old warhorse Tettey, its now much more of a Webber / DF team and i for one am positive for the season, lots to look forward to in the new Madders-free era. OTBC.