lappinitup

He's done it again!

"Birmingham City''s transfer window has been plunged into uncertainty amid

reports that the club have been placed under a transfer embargo by the

EFL."
"Blues are said to have been stung under Financial Fair Play guidelines

following last summer''s spending spree under Harry Redknapp."
Will these clubs never learn? [:S]

I read the thread title and thought you had maybe spotted Waveney had changed his name again ? [:D]

The man has descended to self parody at this point- claims he''s not a ''wheeler dealer'' then spends £££, complains he hasn''t got enough players and fucks off leaving the club in a mess.

A transfer embargo is a good start, but IMO a points deduction is the right way to solve this issue. We have that sanction in place for playing an unregistered player, so players acquired by unfairly bending the financial rules should result in the same sanction.

Fine''s aren''t the answer either - especially with clubs like Bournemouth (different story I know, but for the purposes of my point, bear with me...).

Points deductions are the only way to deal with offenders in the same way as is done for club''s going into administration.

Then can we move on to giving red cards to divers... that''d soon cut it out of the game.

Problem with Bournemouth is there aren’t in the EFL anymore so can’t be given a points deduction, so fine is the only recourse they have.

The EFL is in a very long running court battle with QPR over their unpaid fines, once that is resolved the EFL will hopefully be bolder.

That being said, the EFL have been good at upholding their financial fair play rules. I can’t think of anyone who has frangantly breached the rules and for away with it.

True Bethnal, but didn''t Bournemouth breach FFP while in the EFL in order to get to the Prem? So now they''re awash with enough cash from staying there for a couple of seasons to be able to afford the fine. That, and having a mega-rich owner...

[quote user="king canary"]The man has descended to self parody at this point- claims he''s not a ''wheeler dealer'' then spends £££, complains he hasn''t got enough players and fucks off leaving the club in a mess.[/quote]
He''ll blame the dog, he usually does.

Did I see that Bournemouth have "reached an agreement" in paying their fine now? What discount was agreed is perhaps a concern but at least it is resolved.

Perhaps the rules need to state that punishments from time in EFL apply in the prem too, bearing in mind the two are intrinsically linked.

With Bolton and Forest having restrictions last year and 6 close to the wings this at last there is some balance and consistency coming from the EFL now.

It is even tougher in league 1 & 2, apart from the recently relegated champs clubs who get a 1 season adaption period, which is why we are likely to see Sunderland & Barnsley will probably be looking to bounce straight back. It might be tougher for Burton but they will be planning the same.

As for Brum I doubt that ''Arry has suffered financially for his profligacy.

EFL and Premier League are different governing bodies and one cannot makes rules for the other. So the EFL cannot impose anything but a fine on Bournemouth or ban them from competing in the EFL should they refuse to pay said fine.

There was a settlement between the two clubs for their fine as the EFL were keen to avoid another lengthy and costly legal battle like they are in with QPR. There is also a risk that should they lose the court battle that the fair play rules will be completely undermined.

I have seen no inconstancies in the way the EFL have dealt with clubs who have been in breach of the rules. Personally I think a transfer embargo is a stricter punishment than points deduction.

I recognise that there are two different bodies with differing rule set.

However given the annual interaction (relegation and promotion) something similar to extradition rights to ensure enforcement of rules breached in each others jurisdiction could be agreed. Probably too idealistic given the issues (and self interest) in each body.

Under the current rules I have no objection to the EFL agreeing terms with Bournemouth for what could otherwise be a very long drawn out affairt.

The EFL have fallen in line with the premier league so clubs are assessed over 3 seasons rather than 1 as they previously were.

Birmingham were after Grabban until he went to Forest, but they have also signed signed Kristian Pederson who is currently not registered, and that leaves him in limbo currently. They were also looking at Bartosz Bialkowski from the binners, he is there keeper and been their player of the season for the last 3 years and think we should be in for him as he is decent and this would really p**s off the binners.

Bournemouth are currently in talks with the EFL and look like having a percentage of earnings being the imposed fine.

Other clubs having problems are Villa, Bolton and Cardiff who are in talks with the EFL.

There we go again with the Cardiff example. The penalty has to be points deduction, they won''t care about a fine now they got promoted and have PL income.

I think a points deduction would work. Even if the teams have since been promoted to the premier league just give it to them when they get relegated again (whether it takes a season or 10, most teams will go back down in the end)

knowing their relegation will be followed by a 10 or 20 point deduction from the start will surely make every team think twice about spending their way out of the league surely?