Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Ben Woodburn

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Rumour only but it has to be asked; what about our young prospects?[/quote]
For starters Mason Bloomfield is at Hamilton, and Tristian Abrahams is at Exeter. Fonkeu aside, that leaves Adam Idah, and Anthony Spyrou who have only just gone pro. I expect they''d look to get Idah a loan in the second half of the season.

Ben Woodburn seems to have been highly rated by those at Liverpool, but i just think we would be better off with either developing our own players or bringing in a player from the lower leagues, he has not played much for Liverpool''s first team and i do understand that with the players they have that may be difficult but there must be better options.

But if there isn’t anyone as good as Woodburn at Norwich (there isn’t) and if a lower league player of equivalent ability costs £5m - £6m?

If Norwich want to maximise their chances of getting promotion they need to get exciting talent in on loan. Norwich can’t afford to pay the fees required to have a squad full of permanent signings.

Woodburn is a fantastic prospect and better than any of the strikers Norwich currently have on their books, getting him would be a real coup. I suspect Norwich will want him more than Wilson.

Rumours are abroad that Britt Assambolonga may be surplus to requirements at Forest. Worth a look or stick with loanees and youngsters?

He wasn''t worth it then and still isn''t now. 15mil for Assombalonga is a joke and I''d far rather have Woodburn on loan even if it was an option to sign B.A.

If Assombalonga was doable for Norwich then they would be foolish to not do it. Good striker for the Championship and would definitely improve Norwich.

However, it clearly isn’t doable so not really worth considering.

Woodburn would be doable for Norwich and he is a cracking young talent. There are obvious risks though, he might not be ready for the Championship in his development and Liverpool have a habit of putting in clauses that make loans very expensive if the player doesn’t play. Don’t want Norwich’s team selection dictated by potential bills.

I think any lower league striker would end up being Marley Watkins Mark 2, I doubt any of them have the first touch and technique required to play in a Farke side.

It only works out if you recruit them really cheap and earlier, and get the chance to coach them for a while, and even then guarantee a healthy profit if they only turn out to be a League One striker.

If this really is possible I would take him in a heartbeat.

The lad is quality, committed and would compliment what we have.

Better than anything we currently have and pretty much a risk free option.

Snake

Woodburn would seem a very good capture. An international player already of course and unlikely to break into the striking positions at Liverpool who have arguably the best front three in the Prem.

Might be something in this, Liverpool Echo quoting us and Sheff U as interested in him...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-ready-give-ben-woodburn-14881021

Him and Rhodes???

Odds on ;

Woodburn coming here, playing three games, fluffing a chance, thus casting us to relegation before captaining England to World Cup glory in 4 years?

The Pink’Un just took the story from the Echo. If Norwich shift Nelson is expect 2 strikers to come in.

Problem is I can see Liverpool not letting Woodburn go until quite late in the window, possibly after it closes for permanent deals and only loans are allowed. This would be a risky game for Norwich as if they miss out on him to another club that late, they will end up scrabbling around the loan market for someone else.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Odds on ;

Woodburn coming here, playing three games, fluffing a chance, thus casting us to relegation before captaining England to World Cup glory in 4 years?[/quote]

Very long odds as he''s Welsh

Cracking player but not sure he’s an out and out striker isn’t he more of an attacking mid /false 9 type? He would be a good signing.

[quote user="tricky974"]Ben Woodburn seems to have been highly rated by those at Liverpool, but i just think we would be better off with either developing our own players or bringing in a player from the lower leagues, he has not played much for Liverpool''s first team and i do understand that with the players they have that may be difficult but there must be better options.[/quote]

And if we start using our youngsters even if they are not yet as good and we start losing, will you call for Farkes head or will you stick by him for playing and developing our kids over a couple of seasons ?