Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Phillips to Hamilton on loan

''The 20-year-old, who joined Norwich last summer after being released by

Liverpool, has agreed to link up with the Scottish Premiership side.''

Did Maddison no harm so hopefully will help Phillips in his development too...

i think it''s seen now that players need to be playing regularly at a senior level to ''toughen'' them up and get used to the rigors of league football.
It serves not only as a development stage but a testing ground - as with some of our younger players who have fell away at this stage.
A sort of make (Murphy''s, Maddison, Mathews) or break (Toffolo, Adams).
And good to see that whatever happened with AN we have kept a good working relationship with Hamilton.

Good move for him and hope he does well. Their awful plastic pitch may come as something of a shock to him though.

Apples

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Maddison went to Aberdeen, but the SPL does seem a good place to go on loan for fast and furious football, even if it isn;t quite at championship standard.
[/quote]

Yes I know he went to Aberdeen, my point was he will get experience and playing team in the same league and it did Maddison no harm

Seems like a smart move for both player & club. Hopefully get some valuable first team experience. Match report said he was involved in both goals against king’s Lynn. Perhaps in two years time he’ll have ‘done a maddison’. I like the way the club is utilizing the loan system. Neil Adams is earning his corn as far as i’m concerned.

[quote user="Van wink"]Madders move helped him toughen up it was said, a good move for the lad imo.[/quote]
Did Maddison say this himself? He''d played in 35 games for Coventry in League 1 before going to Aberdeen, can''t imagine it took him a move to Scotland to realise he''s going to get kicked a lot. He wasn''t exactly ecstatic when he was offered the chance to go back for the rest of the season.
Phillips obviously needs to go and play games so I''m not saying it''s a bad move.

Alex Neil told Maddison he needed to ‘grow up’ which was why he was sent to Aberdeen. It was felt by Neil that Maddison has an attitude issue.

Maddison was offered the chance to stay all season but turned it down, Alex Neil wasn’t happy about it.

Chances are if Neil had stayed then Maddison would have been sold by Norwich last summer.

Is that something you believe, or you heard Bethnal (the bit about selling Madders being sold last Summer)?

If true, then that would mean Madders must have had a huge attitude problem for him to be possibly sold for that reason, over his talent. Would that have been a totally exclusive AN decision (as he was intending to stay), or other opinions were taken into account?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Is that something you believe, or you heard Bethnal (the bit about selling Madders being sold last Summer)?

If true, then that would mean Madders must have had a huge attitude problem for him to be possibly sold for that reason, over his talent. Would that have been a totally exclusive AN decision (as he was intending to stay), or other opinions were taken into account?[/quote]
It was fairly well known at the time that Maddison wanted games and asked Neil to give him some assurance that he would play.  If that happened, as was suggested at the time, then it is quite possible Maddison would have been upset to be told he wasn''t going to play much part, after all, he didn''t come form Coventry to not play in games - the whole point of the way he was building his career was by playing comeptitively and not being in the reserves - he could have gone to a much bigger club and done that.
Maddison is a confident lad and maybe just got a little bit on the wrong side of Neil as a result.  I did at the time suggest he was a bit too big for his boots, but that was plainly in hindsight not the case - he was good enough and probably should have been given more chance to play that season....but then Neil was under pressure to get us back and had a squad full of expensive players to fit in too. 
Whatever, his time in the SPL was spectacular, especially the free kick against Rangers which was sensational. So his time in the SPl must have helped him - and Farke did the rest by giving by showing confidence in him and putting him straight in the team. 

Just my belief Crabby. But based on the fact that Neil and Maddison had fallen out and it seems unlikely they would have recitifed their issues. Maddison wanted to play and Neil wanted to use other players.

Same thing happened with Canos, he wanted games and Neil wanted to play Murphy - so Canos pushed for a move and Neil was happy to sell him.

Apparently the relationship between Maddison and Neil was pretty bad. So can’t see a way they could have both remained at Norwich.

Luckily Neil was booted out and Webber set about giving Maddison a new contract and Farke made him his key man. So whatever else happens with those two in the future, they made Norwich circa £20m.

The fact he''d rather use someone like Naismith than a talent like Madders just about sums him up to be honest.

I think theremay have been an element of JM being the ''wonder kid'' at Coventry and carrying that over at Norwich.
You''ll note that his previous sliding on his knees to celebrate a goal ended after his return to City.
If it was down to Farke and the coaching squad then they did a great job because JM was the model professional last season, both on and off the pitch

You are right saying Madders was an exemplary person to us, last season, but I feel I can remember him sliding after that free kick, away to Reading?