Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Credit Webber and Co so far..

Obviously we dont know how good all our signings will be, if they will work together and how the season will go...

However what we have done is give us the best possible chance of that happening by identifying targets early, not messing around, getting them in for at least the majority of pre season and in positions where we all agreed we needed strengthening.

Let''s see how this team performs before giving any credit or otherwise. Challenging for top 6 is a must this year or this Webberlution will have failed.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Unless they''re very confident Remi Matthews will make the step up I''d like another keeper.
[/quote]
Would have thought a Premiership loan would be nailed on to increase our homegrown quota.
Think we''ve done our permanent deals (unless we add some fringe youngsters), just waiting on Premiership loans. Loan window doesn''t end until August 31st.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I’m willing to give them ten games, if we aren’t at least top 6 by then it can only be regarded an unmitigated disaster.[/quote]
"Oh look, its May, and we finished in the bottom 3. But thats ok, im Duncan, and i saw us in the top 6 after 10 games".......

If we aren''t at least top six after 10 games, I''m going to blame the newly laid pitch.....It''ll be an un-irrigated disaster.....

Nice to see the standard pinkun replies.

Would be good if you could read the post first though. The credit was in getting targets in early. Which we have done. Fact. No idea why people are going on about selling players for?!

Yes, they''ve done a good job in terms of efficiency and addressing needs on what remains a very tight budget.

Not sure what tree you’re woofing at essjayess. If we’re in the bottom three in May, that will be a disaster. If we’re not too 6 after ten games, that will be a disaster too, albeit slightly less disastrous than your scenario. Oh look it’s June and the club has gone Bust but that’s ok because I’m essjayess and we were only getting relegated last month...????

What next? Nuclear fallout? Meteorite strike? I’ll leave it with you

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Selling players is the easy part.....anyone can do that

Recruitment is the more difficult side of the coin and that''s where we had mixed success last season. ...let''s reserve judgement[/quote]

I''m not sure if I''d go as far as a mixed bag tbh.

around 11 senior players in (not including the spurs youth who reportedly cost next to nothing.) and the 100% failure rate was 3, arguably 4 (Franke, Husband, Watkins, and the jury is still out on Srbeny for me). of those failures, Watkins was quite an inexpensive one. Franke was a bit more so, but getting him out on loan for what will be a season and a half, with a pending transfer fee cushions that big time. leaving the only genuine failed transfer as Husband, IMO anyway.

Stieps wasn''t amazing, but he did was was necessary when asked of him; Trybul worked out better than anyone could of hoped; Vrancic continuously grew as the season progressed, Gunns performance earned him a 13.5m move, with us reportedly getting a little sell-on fee from that; Reed did well throughout the season, and made the step up to RWB when needed, and kept an actual RB out of the team when fit again; Leitner showed enough quality to get a move on a perm basis; Onel just looks class on the ball, and earned praise, as well as a comparison to his brother from Murphy; Hanley is manys favourite to become the next team captain, and set up the equalizing goal against the scum; Zimm, like Trybul, did better than anyone could of guessed; and McLean hasn''t even gotten played a competitive minute for us yet.

I genuinely don''t understand where this thought that the club had a mixed-poor transfer record last season came from. yes, we''ve had to sell a lot, but given our circumstance it had to be done. No one wants to be Villa right now.

I''m talking about selling players because without having done so with maddison and murphy we''d have no room to manoeuvre at all in terms of incomings this summer. .....the fees we got , we couldn''t turn down and were good business. ..but I''ll wait and see on the quality being brought in.Probably around a 50-60% success rate last season in terms of success rate in transfers....that needs to be higher this time around

On paper it looks like we''ve done a very good job with recruitments. Of course only time will tell if they will be a success or more importantly if they''re good enough to get us top 6.

The big question is, how do we define success this coming season... Higher finish/consolidate last year''s position or top 6?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]If we aren''t at least top six after 10 games, I''m going to blame the newly laid pitch.....It''ll be an un-irrigated disaster.....[/quote]
All water in the bridge...Carrow bridge that is.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
[quote user="Mello Yello"]If we aren''t at least top six after 10 games, I''m going to blame the newly laid pitch.....It''ll be an un-irrigated disaster.....[/quote]
All water in the bridge...Carrow bridge that is.
[/quote]
Under the bridge obviously. [:$]