Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Croatia or France

France have probably been the best team at the tournament so I think they will deserve it.

If France don''t win they''ll be kicking themselves. Croatia are solid but don''t have a lot in the locker

Hopefully France beat Croatia, so Modric can think about the agony of missing out on the biggest prize in World football while he serves his sentence for perjury.

France for me, more exciting to watch.

Also, did nobody else find Croatia''s tactics a little, er, questionable? Particularly when they were losing. Lost a lot of respect from my point of view.

Don''t know where the Croatian''s got the energy from for the second half and including the extra time against us.....? They must have each consumed a milk churn of Red Bull at half-time......? (Although, other energy drinks are available)......

I think France have the pace, tenacity and temperament to overcome Croatia.....But, it depends if Croatia have two milk churns of Red Bull each at half-time.....(Although, other energy drinks are available)......  

[quote user="ron obvious"]Also, did nobody else find Croatia''s tactics a little, er, questionable? Particularly when they were losing. Lost a lot of respect from my point of view.[/quote]
Prior to the Sweden game, the pundits were commenting that England always started well, for the first 30-45 minutes, but couldn''t keep up that pace and tended to fade in the second half. I think Croatia were aware of that as well.

For me it''s

Croatia

all the way.

I just returned from an amazing holiday from Umag, Croatia, (my favourite vacation destination in the past 20 years). Had I forseen that the Croats would play the final I would have definitely booked my hols differently. Great country, great people, I really like them.

AJMO AJMO HRVATSKA!

Two really poor decisions there. Free kick for a dive and a very dubious pen.

Argument for Pogba being offside for the first as well - in an offside position when it’s taken, doesn’t touch the ball but is touching Mandzukic when it hits his head.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]Hand moves to the ball from being up in the air very quickly. Brave but correct decision.[/quote]

I think you are in the minority there.

[quote user="ricardo"]Two really poor decisions there. Free kick for a dive and a very dubious pen.[/quote]
Very unsatisfactory so far for that reason, although there was some hand to ball movement for the penalty, but it looked more involuntary than deliberate. Two bookings for France against none for Croatia tells a bit of a story as to how the game has gone.

Not sure how your arm can move that quickly from up to down so involuntarily. It may have been an automatic reaction to stop the ball but therefore the correct decision.

Happy to be in the minority.

Wasn’t a free kick for the first and Pogba looked offside when interfering with play. As it was a goal, why wasn’t it reviewed and overturned?

Still big question marks over VAR

I think there’s enough there that had a penalty been given in the first instance, it would have been fair enough. However, if the ref doesn’t give it at first instance, is it clear enough and definite enough to overturn the decision? Not for me.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[quote user="ricardo"]Two really poor decisions there. Free kick for a dive and a very dubious pen.[/quote]
Very unsatisfactory so far for that reason, although there was some hand to ball movement for the penalty, but it looked more involuntary than deliberate. Two bookings for France against none for Croatia tells a bit of a story as to how the game has gone.
[/quote]
And now a goalkeeping mistake for the killer third goal. Oh well.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
And arguably for that extra-killer fourth as well, although less obvious in terms of bad positioning.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
And arguably for that extra-killer fourth as well, although less obvious in terms of bad positioning.
[/quote]
France were probably overall the best team in the competition (they played really well to beat Belgium, for example) and on many another day they might well have beaten Croatia by two clear goals, and deserved to, but on many another day they would not find themselves 3-1 up after being so much second-best.