Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Hope I'm Wrong

Yes. Everyone should just say ''i think we''ll win the league.''

Those who don''t will be paraded at Carrow Road before the first game of the season to be looked down on by those who pass the patented ''City1st not a binner test.''

An ex business partner of mine, after every time we managed to get a deal on the table which was a big deal for a new company, hed say

"OH, I Dont think its the best. It probably wont work out. I hope im wrong though ".

Theres a reason he is no longer a business partner and has had no personal success since.

It''s only weasle words if you think the person doesn''t actually mean it, although I''d suggest that''s what more about you than the people saying it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Are they weasel words?[/quote]
My other favourite is the "If I am wrong [to claim the club is heading for extinction etc] I will come on here and admit it."

Shopping in the bargain basement of the bundesliga will only end one way. Especially when we have a bleedin novice as a gaffer and well meaning amateurs in the boardroom. Long gone are the days of the professionals running the club; McNally (dictator when it suited and Saint now he is no longer suited) and Bowkett (Vicarage Road, relative of Her indoors and the Saint, all gorn off intut,(except he weren’t a Saint; well not this day apparently) only did good) are merely beautiful figments of an imagination that only gets going when the stench of doom is in the air.

That stench is pungent. Pungent as a gangrenous leg.

Wallet empty, hambag overflorn, redickyerless contrax agreed by Delia over the head of the manager and chief executive (puppets) for the likes of Jarvis and Russell Bleedin-Martin....

Begging bowl out for the academy, eighth highest lowest tickets in the Milky Way, kits designed by Stevie Wonder and we still hant got yulla nets.

Clubs gorn ter hull (Hades; not the shitehole near Grimsby) in a handcart and yure all sittin on yer hands wile we SLEEPWALK to the confrunce.

Crying out for Wes.

Hope I’m wrong but... I predicted all the other managers would get sacked and our regulation two years before it happened.

Duncan, whilst your post is funny, the actual content if taken seriously is copyright infringement.

So pleaae cite your sources. I know a couple of Facebook Groups that write your material for you..

I''d also say posts made to attack fellow City fans.... Those are the words of a true weasel....

[quote user="Mike "]I''d also say posts made to attack fellow City fans.... Those are the words of a true weasel....[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="king canary"]It''s only weasle words if you think the person doesn''t actually mean it, although I''d suggest that''s what more about you than the people saying it.[/quote]
I do think in many cases the person doesn''t actually mean it Kingo. I''ve been here long enough to know the posters who disappear with their tales between their legs when their predictions fall by the wayside.
I don''t think this is an attack Mike? How do you feel attacked?

Did I say me? I think you know 100%... But hey if that floats your boat.. crack on...

Hope I am wrong...

Ah so you are not calling certain City fans, who express an opinion and then claim to hope they are proven wrong weasels.... You must be furious with Hogesar and Herman then!

I didn''t think I called anyone a weazel. 
To be honest suggesting my OP was an attack is a bit snowflakey isn''t it? Especially from someone who regularly calls fans Happy Clappers and Delia Nutters. 
I think you''re a bit of a girls blouse[;)]

I would say that you are not a happy clapper or a Delia nutter more of an "irrational optimist!" A person who has a warped vision of reality, which is based on desire, not how things actually are. . And as you hate snokeflakes you''ll happily take that on the chin and keep on smiling..

PS. I am seriously not bothered at all, I am a realistic optimist you see. Night night

I think anyone can add realistic or balanced to their own opinions. The only person it impresses is themselves though.
Sweet dreams[S]

[quote user="Van wink"]Perhaps we need a new code of conduct?[/quote]

It was only a bit of fun, no harm was done and trolling is part and parcel of the internet these days. Best to ignore it and put your energies into something more challenging... obviously something I did yesterday 🙂

OP: No. They are polite words trying to avoid a bombardment of posts from certain sections.

However, I blame the weather for some of our adversarial posts recently.

I''m assuming the hot weather means Nutty can''t leave the house, hence his recent spate of trolling.

Which of course he''ll say isn''t trolling.

But hey ho.

But is the:
"I think the entire club is a disgrace, no one know what they''re doing, Delia is pocketing all the cash from transfers and we''ll be lucky if the football league don''t shut us down for being useless.....but i hope i''m wrong"
Not also trolling? [:)]

Just because a poster doesn''t like someone else''s point of view doesn''t mean it''s trolling. It also doesn''t mean we should have a code of conduct that prevents posts others don''t agree with.

What a world....