Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Prediction time

My prediction is.....We will have an absolute barnstorming season leaving all inferior opposition in our wake. With automatic promotion to the Premiership guaranteed an'' easily sown up by January 2019......

The new City Primark which is currently going through its rebuild and extension in this fine City, and due to the frenzied escalating high demand for NCFC club merchandise will, when complete, be bought by NCFC gazumping Primark and replace the now ''defunct'' smaller Castle Mall club shop.......

The purchase of the new larger NCFC Club shop, will include grateful financial contributions by vast sections of our ''troo farn'' an'' fawnin'' forelock tuggin'' glorious board can ne''er do wrongists......

The ''trooists'' will then be invited to wroite nice club comments in joined up wroitin'' an'' usin'' thick crayon on any noo club shop breeze block of their choice......

The internationally renowned Norwich puppet man will perform the Grand opening ceremony of the new Club Shop, sporting a yellow sock on his right hand and a green sock on his left......NepoTominism will be ''Puppet Man''s'' guest Stereo MC blastin'' out the vibes an'' toons whilst our twinkled toed Club Cha'' Cha'' Chairman Ed the Balls, jives an'' pirouettes to MC Tom''s marvellous moosic.......

That''s my personal prediction.....although I do......"Hope I''m Wrong?"......

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]LDC, as we have just witnessed with England, too many people nowadays are prepared to accept mediocrity as some sort of success.

I think that is a good point MP.

We are told that football is better now and it was a wow of a World Cup.

There were some rank bad international teams who are just copying the tactics of the better teams.

But the team that showed us that they would play their own way won the tournament.

England did well but it was only progress not success so we will have to wait and see how Southgate adapts his squad and style.

I judge football not only on success but include entertainment. I have no doubt that our current squad have more skill than Saunders squad but do they entertain me any more than his team did? In my case it is No.

Grant Holt excited me but no more than Ron Davies did. And Bryceland and Crook had cuter football brains than anyone I have seen since.

Of course younger supporters cannot judge as they weren''t around but they must excuse some of us crusties if we beg to fdiffer sometimes.[/quote]

Technically, football is better today but back in the day it was much more enjoyable as a spectacle. I prefer the old skool Saunders/Walker model.

1 Why

2 Do

3 People

4 Bother

5 Predicting

6 The

7 League

8 Table

9 Before

10 It’s

11 Even

12 Started

13 It’s

14 Literally

15 Impossible

16 To

17 Predict

18 How

19 This

20 League

21 Will

22 End

23 Up

24 Ipswich

• Like 1

[quote user="First Wazzock"]1 Why

2 Do

3 People

4 Bother

5 Predicting

6 The

7 League

8 Table

9 Before

10 It’s

11 Even

12 Started

13 It’s

14 Literally

15 Impossible

16 To

17 Predict

18 How

19 This

20 League

21 Will

22 End

23 Up

24 Ipswich[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="Jim Bellend"]Nailed on relegation dog fight

Poorest squad in years, poor coach, poor owners,excessive happy clappers

It all points to a season of struggle[/quote]
Hope you are wrong though??

[quote user="Herman"]
[quote user="Jim Bellend"]Nailed on relegation dog fight

Poorest squad in years, poor coach, poor owners,excessive happy clappers

It all points to a season of struggle[/quote]
Hope you are wrong though??
[/quote]
But is it what Jim believes in his heart[U]

But is it what Jim believes in his heart

Or a different part of his anatomy

i think we will struggle

we did not score enough goals last season but we had the players to do it

Again we look like we have signed some goal scorers but if the tactics are the same this season i believe will be much like before slow build up lots of passing around at the back letting the other team get back in position and defend

I think Farke is the problem but happy to be proved wrong

Is prove a regular or irregular verb?

It might be that proven should be used instead of the more popular proved.

If it is proven then we might finish higher than my earlier prediction of 10th.

Finding it impossible to assess with so many unknowns, both at the club (formations, how they gel, how quickly we perform, confidence) and the rest of the league (relegated clubs rarely cope with the culture shock as well as well as expected) many big spenders from last season showing FFP constraints, so much transfer business to be done etc etc etc.

I suspect that we will finish upper mid table, 8-10th, but can see it is possible for us to either get a play off spot or as low as 18th depending on how we start.

On 16/07/2018 at 11:08, Petriix said:

8th for me

I''m with you on this. Having been spectacularly overly optimistic last season (predicted playoffs with possible challenge for automatic promotion) I am going to be more realistic and say 8th. I think this will be another year of transition where we try to stabilise the squad while working with a massively reduced budget. My heart says we could win the league, but my head says we will struggle.I am a fan of the new system in principle: I think we are a lot like the England team and (with the obvious exception of lacking a goalscorer) we have similar strengths and weaknesses; in particular we seem to share the trait of creating a huge number of openings but taking few. With more time to embed the style into the team and improvements in key areas (mainly in transition from defence to attack and finishing) we could be the genuine article. Through discipline, hard work and better tactics, we could beat any championship team; but I fear we do not have the quality (particularly in front of goal) to mount a serious challenge this season.

Should have listened to my heart! We absolutely did improve exactly those things, and who knew we'd sign the league's top scorer on a free?