Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Yanic to the binners ?

No thanks......whatever we think of him , if they believe he is someone who would improve them, we shouldn''t be helping them in any way shape of form. ...rather wait for someone else to come in for him

I doubt they can afford to buy him so it would have to be a loan.

If we think he is not up to it then I don''t see any harm. Is he going to improve them and would it make any difference to us?

Agree with others.

If we are going to loan Yanic rather than sell him then anyone but the binners are welcome to him. Doesn''t matter if we think he''s any good or not. Never do them any favours under any circumstances. If they want him then they obviously think he will improve them.

Maybe the question is not who but where.
Is Yanic destined to stay with us or move on ? He didn''t exactly set the world ablaze when he was here.
Was his move to Cardiff merely a wage saver ? Would he have made that a permanent move had Cardiff stayed in the Championship ?
Or can Farke and the coaching staff get him up to what is needed here ?

I can''t see how he fits here- he''s all pace and no technique, while Farke wants to keep the ball at all costs.

Yanic’s move to Cardiff had a clause that had he played a certain number of games and should Cardiff get promoted then the move would become permanent. Unfortunately he didn’t play enough games and Warnock quickly worked out he is a bit of a liability.

If Ipswich offer to cover a satisfactory amount of his wages then I would have no issue him going there - he would probably make them a worse team and get dropped promptly as has happened at Boro, Norwich and Cardiff.

Just looked at his goals/assists at Wigan and surprised to see that his ssuccess there was playing on the left, with decent left foot crosses, as well as cutting in and scoring woth very decent right foot shots.  Never saw him play on the left for us, or maybe I missed it, but him playing on the right could be why he is less effective as it negates his crossing ability wiith his left foot.
Strange one really, has pace to burn and was very effective at Wigan.  Maybe one of those who needs to be at a club who will use him where he is best and not expect him to adapt.   Not good for us then, but at the right club, could still do a job, so I wouldn''t want him to go to Ipswich.  He would tear up League 1, so sell/loan him there.

It would seem that his level is below that of the Championship and it maybe that speculation is nothing more than one or two clubs hoping that we will be grateful to get a bit of his wages saved by loaning him out or selling him.
We shall see.

I don''t think his standard is below championship. He''d be fine in a limited but direct team that needs a few wildcard players to scrape points together.

Sad thing for me is if he could shoot or cross even half decently he''d be a real player. Fact is though he has one of the worst end products I think I''ve ever seen.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I don''t think his standard is below championship. He''d be fine in a limited but direct team that needs a few wildcard players to scrape points together.

Sad thing for me is if he could shoot or cross even half decently he''d be a real player. Fact is though he has one of the worst end products I think I''ve ever seen.[/quote]

[quote user="Mr Benn"]
[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I don''t think his standard is below championship. He''d be fine in a limited but direct team that needs a few wildcard players to scrape points together.

Sad thing for me is if he could shoot or cross even half decently he''d be a real player. Fact is though he has one of the worst end products I think I''ve ever seen.[/quote]
[/quote]

haha that''s why he''d be decent for Ipswich, they might be happy with the 1 in 20 that goes in like that, while the other 19 go out for throw ins.

yes
at least at poorman road he would have far less of a chance of hitting a spectator when he hits the ball over the bar or wide of the post
.....................given how few there are in attendance

Agree yellowbeagle- he feels like a classic example of ''no football brain'' constantly making the wrong decision when he pace gets him in good positions.

King Keano keep reminding us that we need the money and the binner''s are rolling in it so I think £14m sould be enough to get the deal done.

Care to share Mike? Do you mean potentially others to the Binners on loan or just others out on loan?

I guess if you move aside the fan rivalries, given who their manager is now you could see why he''d be trusted as someone to manage our loanies based on last season at Shrewsbury. Can''t see either our fans or theirs liking the idea of loans though?