Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

World Cup Comp?

Anyone up for an World cup competition, purely for bragging rights. Footy Tipping.While in Australia I picked up on footy tipping. Basically say for a weekends games of football you predict who wins in each game and get a point for each game you get right. Add them up and get top of the ladder against all your mates.I usually use this onehttp://www.footytips.com.au/home, but found this https://www.faceyoursfears.com/Sorry could not find any decent pictures(or figure out how to add them) to show how it looks.Anyone up for it? If so I''ll create a comp and post the link here.

Do it for charity.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3626617/ShowPost.aspx

I don''t really get how it works buddy but if you set it up with an idiots guide I''ll join in. I''m sure others will too.

I think I''ve worked it out Nutty. Select 2/3 days where there are a few world cup games,predict the scores of those games and get say 3 points for each win or draw you predict correctly and have a league table of who has what points.

I think in order to separate the wheat from the chaff it would work better if the scores were predicted ie 1-0 or 2-1 or a draw 1-1 0-0 etc.

I half expected this to be a preemptive thread about reimbursing the England fans that will shell out their hard earned cash to get to Russia only to be let down again by the national side. [:D]

World Cup Tipping Guide - A "7 round" competition where you predict who wins each game and whoever has the most correct predications wins. No money, No prizes involved.1:StartFirst register on the site, then go to the comp website and join the comp.http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/Canaries_Go_to_Russia_2018When you sign up to the comp enter the Password - canariesThen you will asked if admin(me) can edit/enter your tips, whether I can see your email address and some question about newsfeed activity.I generally say no to all of this.2:How to Enter you TipsFrom the main comp page to enter your "Tips" i.e. selections look for the red button pictured.[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo211/username101010/1_zps4c4fxyww.jpg[/img]You''ll be show a layout which is for the 1st round of group matches. See here I''ve selected Russia to beat Saudi Arabia by 3 goals, uruguay just to win and Morocco and Iran to draw. If Russia, Urguay and the draw happen I will get 3 points. Enter all your selections and scroll down and press "submit tips". You can go back at any point at any point to change your tips except when the game is actually being played.[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo211/username101010/2_zps4cuxq2xn.jpg[/img]3:The MarginThe margin helps seperate people level on points. The lower the margin the better.Now in the first match pictured above I selected Russia to win by 3 goals.Thats the margin and you can only select a margin for the first game in each round. If the result is 2:0 to Russia I have a margin of 1. If however Russia lost 2:0 the margin would be 5. Prediction(3) + Actual(2) = 54:Ladder(Leaderboard)Here you can see the ladder to show how you are doing and how many points you have total and where you are in the ladder. When the game has kicked off it displays everybody selections as a flag for the country you''ve selected.[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo211/username101010/3_zpsncfgxrxk.jpg[/img]5:One thing its important not to forget.Basically don''t forget to enter your tips. If you don''t you get zero points for each match you don''t. Plus something a lot of people miss is not entering tips for the next round. You can''t enter tips for the last 16 matches etc until the previous round is finished.Also you can enter tips for all 3 rounds of group matches, but some people miss that because the link does not stand out very well. Below is what you are looking for.[img]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo211/username101010/4%20-%20Copy_zps7hlvtkdy.jpg[/img]So if you want to join feel free and post in the forum you have.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]I think I''ve worked it out Nutty. Select 2/3 days where there are a few world cup games,predict the scores of those games and get say 3 points for each win or draw you predict correctly and have a league table of who has what points.

I think in order to separate the wheat from the chaff it would work better if the scores were predicted ie 1-0 or 2-1 or a draw 1-1 0-0 etc.[/quote]Oh one way of doing that is not to select a tip for the margin game. That way you get a zero margin score and you make up the point lost in other games. I won''t be doing that as its basically cheating in my book. Now everybody knows ;)

I''m in - have just done my tips. I have a feeling I''m going to do really badly at this though - there''s a reason I''m not a betting man!

I''m in.
I think....
Good luck everyone.
If you want a prize whoever wins can make the Norwich picks for the first week on next season''s Rays Funds[:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
If you want a prize whoever wins can make the Norwich picks for the first week on next season''s Rays Funds[:)]
[/quote]Thanks for the offer Nutty! And thanks for joining. I think I will be happy if ten people join up. So far there is four.

Clearly flogging a dead horse here, but one last recruitment call for the comp. Nutty says you win some pups if you win this and its alright really. Anyhow. Good luck to England in the coming tournament I hope they knockout at least one big team.

Winner will get the opportunity to make the final selections for our opening game. The chance to get your name on Ray''s signature. Money can''t buy that.

Seven all in and all correctly tipping Russia to win. Game on. Still time to join you''re only a point behind.

Alright Thanks for rhe eight for joining and good luck.We haveNutty NigelFenway FrankPink''un MorphKiwiScottKickItOffTuputt ShakurMolly Windley    ZimmersLeftFoot

After round 1 its tight, but with a clear leader.1st: Nutty Nigel - 10pts2nd: Fenway Frank - 9pts3rd:  Me3rd: Pink''un Morph3rd: Molly Windley    - All 8pts

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Proudly holding the table up...[/quote]You won''t be for long. Tuputt Shakur has not entered his tips. Emailed him, but no idea who he is on this board though.

Not much change from last round. Lets see who has forgotten to enter tips for the next round of group games1st)Nutty Nigel 21pts2nd)Fenway Frank 20pts3rd)Molly Windley 20pts

System shows Molly, Tuput and Zimmer have not entered tips for 3rd round of group games. I''ve sent them messages as well as posting here.

Forgot about this. Thats recovering from 12hr shifts for you.The following need to enter tips for the 2nd round matchesFenwayFrankKickitoffPinkuMorphZimmersleftFootPm''s sent

Leaderboard after the group games.NuttyNigel - 29ptsMolly - 28ptsFenwayFrank - 27pts---Kickitoff - 26ptsMe - 25ptsTuputt - 23ptsZimm -  22pts---Pinkumorph - 21pts