Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

No hidden agenda behind Nelson Oliveira’s absence

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Don''t believe this nonsense for one minute - Farke can''t manage him simple as.

He''ll be gone soon enough[/quote]
Fingers crossed.

I don''t really care either way now. We are no longer in a position where he really matters.

If he stays, he''s now got very healthy competition for a place so will have to work hard and perform.

If he stays and is out of control, then again it doesn''t matter as we''ve got better players to pick ahead of him.

Due to his talent I''d prefer he does stay, but a Nelson on form is a better asset than most available in this league.

But if not, it''s no sweat now...

What a difference a season makes. This time last year the board was full of people insisting he was our best player.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Don''t believe this nonsense for one minute - Farke can''t manage him simple as.

He''ll be gone soon enough[/quote]

Other managers have tried and failed. Would be interested to see if his being back nearly a week late was with the agreement of the club or not. If he was 100% motivated you would have thought he would want to be in at the start.... So annoying as he should be a real theat in this league but just sulks too much for me..

There is a very good striker in there still and it would be a shame to write him off so swiftly.

I''m not keen on the idea of our striking options being Srebeny and Pukki when Rhodes loan finishes.

[quote user="king canary"]There is a very good striker in there still and it would be a shame to write him off so swiftly.

I''m not keen on the idea of our striking options being Srebeny and Pukki when Rhodes loan finishes.[/quote]
If his goals help get us promoted, more than likely we''ll be able to afford to buy Rhodes anyway. 

If Norwich get promoted the last thing they should do is sign Rhodes.

I’m not to concerned personally by Norwich only having Srbeny and Pukki at the end of the season. There will always be loan options around or other opportunities. I would be more worried about loading up the squad with lots of permanent contracts and having less flexibility.

If Nelson goes I would expect someone else to be brought in, probably on loan.

[quote user="king canary"]In all honesty if we get promoted I think we''d have our sights set higher than Rhodes.[/quote]
If his goals got us promotion, there is every reason to keep him on and give him another chance in the PL.  A fully functioning and confident player playing in a system that works well enough for him to score lots of goals and get promotion, should be capable of scoring in the PL too. 
Maybe we should have sold Grant Holt when we got promoted to the PL....................

Rhodes is a modern day Robert Earnshaw- scores at this level, won''t cut it at Premier League level. There is a reason that no Premier League club signed him even when he was scoring for fun at this level.

The free scoring Rhodes many of you expect has not been seen for some time. Now he just might come good but chances are he could struggle again. Just saying - 5 goals in last two seasons and yet many are speaking of him as though we just snapped up Harry Kane

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]The free scoring Rhodes many of you expect has not been seen for some time[/quote]True, but......
It''s not what you say.........
[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Now he just might come good but chances are he could struggle again[/quote]
It''s how you say it......
[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Now he could struggle again but chances are he just might come good[/quote]
Just saying. [;)]

Well at least Rhodes has actually been free-scoring in this division at some point. Nelson however...

Having signed Teemu & Rhodes, and having Srebny, would be amazed if he stays.

Would like to see NO play with another striker next to him though. Having an on form NO, with Teemu and Rhodes all firing on all cylinders would be exciting

Goals per minute is a fairly meaningless stat when I don''t think Oliveira has ever scored more than 10/11 goals in a season.

Admittedly a while ago in his career, Rhodes has achieved over 20 goals twice, plus a few assists, so if he can somehow find that form again I don''t doubt he will be more effective as a striker than Nelson has been. Hopefully h won''t have the attitude too.

It’s not meaningless at all.

Of course a player who plays 40 games has a much greater chance of getting 20 goals.

Rhodes’ overall record is probably better than Nelson’s, but Nelson had a more prolific season than Jordan has ever had, more recent than Rhodes’ best performances.

Both of them are similar in the aspect they are looking to reclaim their best form.

Seeing as Oliveira has been left out of Norwich’s Germany tour I don’t think we’ll ever get to see him in a Norwich shirt again. Hopefully the club will get a decent price for him at least.

[quote user="Jim Bell"]Russell martin relegated to the u23 squad!!![/quote]
Probably still get a game for Scotland....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Bell"]Russell martin relegated to the u23 squad!!![/quote]
Probably still get a game for Scotland....
[/quote]

Stephen Hawking would still get a game for Scotland

Russ Martin relegated to the U23 squad, or, promoted to temporary ‘untitled’ coaching role alongside Mat Gill?

Russ is already qualified to coach/manage at Championship level having completed his UEFA A license some time ago, I believe he is also sitting the LMA Diploma and thereafter intends to complete his UEFA Pro license.

Whilst it is obvious Daniel Farke is unable to work with Russ Martin in the squad, is it possible that should it not work out for Herr F, then we may have our next manager in the wings. Let’s face it, given we are already paying him this season his appointment would be probably be seen as ‘value for money’ by the board and would possibly be the start of a ‘succession planning’ process, a process I for one, am in favour of.

To add gravitas to the above, I have heard that Mr Webber does not intend to sell Russ Martin, short term loan yes but sell no. I wonder why?