Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Angus Gunn

"It now seems that St. Mary’s Park is his destination, with a host of

clubs having already been swirling around. A fee of around £15million is

expected to be agreed upon between the two parties, putting Gunn

amongst the ten most expensive goalkeepers of all time."
Does anyone know if we have a sell-on clause agreed with Man City?

Norwich asked a £1m but got £250k - plus add ons depending on apperences.

There might be a sell-on clause, those are fairly standard in PFCC tribunals. When Jed Steer went to Villa Norwich got £450,000 and 20% of any future profit.

Here is a list of other tribunal rulings, 20% of future profit appears fairly regularly.

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

Unfortunately I don’t think these are great comparisons as Angus was a youth player with no apperences for Norwich at the time. If Norwich do get 20% then it would obviously be a fantastic bonus this window.

If there is any, it''ll be like 1% or so at this stage since he went so young.

Anyway, i''m glad to see he''s got a big move and isn''t going to Leeds for their fans to rub in our faces. He deserves a crack at the prem.

Regardless of sell on fees we are entitled to 5% of any transfer fee through Fifa’s Solidarity Mechanism, in which is a formula used to deliver compensation to clubs who invested in players between the ages of 12 and 23.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Regardless of sell on fees we are entitled to 5% of any transfer fee through Fifa’s Solidarity Mechanism, in which is a formula used to deliver compensation to clubs who invested in players between the ages of 12 and 23.[/quote]
I believe that relates to international transfers
As Angus was a transfer between two clubs of the same association any compensation would be due under the Elite Player Performance Plan
Which doesn''t pay very much

Southampton can’t afford to spend £15m on a reserve keeper. He’ll be first choice there.

The FIFA training compensation fee only applies when players move form one association to another, as Mr Benn says.

If suspect Norwich will see nothing of the transfer if he goes to Southampton unfortunately. I tried digging out the tribunal verdict, but don’t think they are held publically.

The perception is that if he does go to the Saints that he''d be back up which I just find mad. A Southampton supporting friend of mine reckoned they would definitely sign him as back up. I told him they''d be having a laugh trying to convince Gunn at this stage of his career to happily sit on the bench and sign a contract with them.

From what Gunn Snr said at the end of last season, I think he''d only be going somewhere if he was to play regularly, otherwise it makes no sense to leave his current position. There''s no doubt a club somewhere in the Prem would sign him on loan as their first choice.

Backup to who?

Southampton are actively trying to sell Forster and McCarthy isn’t as good as Gunn.

While Gunn might have to start on the bench and convince Hughes he is good enough they are definitely looking at him as first choice.

I know Premier League clubs are rich, but they still don’t spend £15m on reserve keepers.

Really do not get articles on ex players such as Gunn... Left to join Man City despite being "one of our own", came back had a decent season and because of that he is now looking to get another bigger role... Bear him no malice but not interested one bit where he ends up...

[quote user="Mr Benn"]
[quote user="Hackedoff"]Regardless of sell on fees we are entitled to 5% of any transfer fee through Fifa’s Solidarity Mechanism, in which is a formula used to deliver compensation to clubs who invested in players between the ages of 12 and 23.[/quote]
I believe that relates to international transfers
As Angus was a transfer between two clubs of the same association any compensation would be due under the Elite Player Performance Plan
Which doesn''t pay very much
[/quote]

Bailey

“Norwich City definitely have a sell-on in that, from the tribunal agreement back in 2011. So let’s assume, say, 20pc.

That’s £2.5m+ #ncfc are getting, which is a complete bonus. No one expected it or budgeted for it.”

Surprised he is so confident that there is a sell-on, but happy to hear it. Thought it would have been reported at the time if there was.

Great bonus for Norwich and from Bailey''s other tweets it seems Norwich will use that money to get Jordan Rhodes for the season.

If true, quite clever by the club! Solid keeper for last season acquired affordably, one eye on developing his ability with the other eye upping his ‘transferability’, bringing in funds. Clubs currently higher up the pecking order note the club’s ability to progress & develop up and coming talent. Credit where credit is due. Even if the sell on fee isn’t the case, it still shows the club in a good light. Best of luck angus.

[quote user="Van wink"]Bailey

“Norwich City definitely have a sell-on in that, from the tribunal agreement back in 2011. So let’s assume, say, 20pc.

That’s £2.5m+ #ncfc are getting, which is a complete bonus. No one expected it or budgeted for it.”[/quote]More proof the academy is working and paying for itself...

We are set to get over a million, according to Bryan Gunn. Theres a really interesting podcast by Owain Tudor Jones and he''s in the pub with Gunn for an hour talking openly about everything from playing to managing and the details of how that actually ended, down to Angus too.

We get appearance fees when he plays games, extra for England appearances.

Its worth a listen- good podcasts with Mcveigh and Hucks too.

https://tlmfwp.podbean.com/e/ep-15-bryan-gunn/ - Angus bit is around 52mins in.

[quote user="penrosecdp"]We are set to get over a million, according to Bryan Gunn. Theres a really interesting podcast by Owain Tudor Jones and he''s in the pub with Gunn for an hour talking openly about everything from playing to managing and the details of how that actually ended, down to Angus too.

We get appearance fees when he plays games, extra for England appearances.

Its worth a listen- good podcasts with Mcveigh and Hucks too.

https://tlmfwp.podbean.com/e/ep-15-bryan-gunn/ - Angus bit is around 52mins in.[/quote]
Good stuff. Great to hear Guny''s perspective on things.

Michael Bailey (this eve) has
"and a deal that most likely earned the Canaries £2.5m as a sell-on,

following the original tribunal judgement from Gunn’s switch to the

Etihad as a young academy player seven years ago."

I also wish Angus well, and hope he''s successful not only at club level, but also Internationally......

Thanks Angus.....(and hey, go easy on those Kebabs).....

Mr Ben
"As Angus was a transfer between two clubs of the same association

any compensation would be due under the Elite Player Performance Plan
Which doesn''t pay very much"
expert analysis as ever

Oh no! Are you saying he''s not the oracle on transfers after all. All this while I''ve be taking his every word on the subject as gospel

oh dear
poor hand crank, clueless as ever
compensation and sell on fee are entirely different
ps why not remind us all what that compensation fee was

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Oh no! Are you saying he''s not the oracle on transfers after all. All this while I''ve be taking his every word on the subject as gospel[/quote]
do feel free to point out how compensation and sell on fee are the same

Oh no I wouldn''t dear have an opinion. I take your word for it completely as you have such a strong track record of knowing the details of transfers and contracts.

I mean otherwise why would you be so cocksure in shooting down everyone else every time they speculate over the details?