Sign in to follow this  
JP

Sack the swede!!!!!

[quote]Sorry but i''ve had enough sack sven now!!!!! your thoughts?[/quote]

The last two games deserve that but who would do a good job?

We have had passion managers (Keegan) who failed miserably with the same set of players.  The likes of Allardyce have no experience at this level or even success to suggest that they can run good players well.  There is no suitable English candidate and O''Neill relies on the long ball too much, which is useless at international level.

Svens record, including last night, stands scrutiny with any England manager.  What he must do is revert to what he knows works - 4-4-2.   This sudden fascination with 4-5-1 can only be a player/McLaren intervention that has to be dropped  - it does not suit us.

The England side is NOT as good as the media continues to have us beleive. Erikson has to say that as manager, but without a fully functioning creative  midfield to field our decent strikers and sheilded by a decent defence we will never win a trophy.   Give us a duff, robben or giggs and ditch the reliance on grafting midfielders (scholes, lampard, Beckham)  and we might have a chance. 

OTBC

totally agree Scott...   England should still quailify.. sack him now would be stupid with the finals only next year.. His record isn''t that bad..had he had worthington''s result for the last 15 games he would have been gone long ago...

Several  of those who  want worthington to stay are calling for Sven''s head...  blimey if Sven got to go then using the same measuring stick Worthington should be History........

Firstly he takes off S.wright-phillips, who did hav trouble with controlling a football last nite, but was stil our best attacking outlet. He plays Rooney on the left, what on earth was he thinkin when he did that i really dont know! In the 90+ minute 1-0 down 2 a team 100+ fifa rankings below us, and wat is sven doin, sitting there on the beach, bitting his nails, and doin sod all! I know if i was an england player and i had a passionate manager on his feet shouting orders and instructions all the time, it would rather get me moving and into gear, than svenjust sitting there!!!!! AS 4 when it comes 2 world cups etc, you hav 2 be brave and take chances with certain players and tactics and sven just hasnt got a clue! against brasil in 2002 in korea and japan, 2-1 down against 10 men, basically would does he do, nothing, apart from bringing on the very avergae slighty defensive mid owen hardgreaves!!!! we''r on the upper hand and hav the advantage sven doesnt take it!!!!! so IMO:  we will never win anything with sven in charge!!!! i''d love 4 him 2 prove me wrong but i really cant ever see it happening! i think sven has completly lost the players belief in him, who can really see sven gettin himself and the players fired up before a match just like last nites, when attitude towards the oppoents is very important! Or did he give them a peace of his mind at half time 2 shake the players into order i dont think so!

I think given big sam of bolton a chance with the big players in the england team,the type of manager with passion and english pride, he''d do a much better job than sven and we''d actually win the world cup or european championships!!!! I also think a joint management with alan Curbishley and Sam, who are really good mates off the pitch, is worth a go.

Obviously the only reason that sven wont stand down at the moment is beacuse hes on 4million plus a year,&the fact that he has a massive pay out clause which the f.a wil hav 2 pay him if they sack him!

Cant see why they dont give Steve MaClaren the job of manager. Ian Wright was spot on in being totally pi**ed at Sven last night when he said he just looked like someone observing from the FA while MaClaren was doing all the work on the touchline.

At the end of the day though I cannot stand Erikson and would have pretty much any Englishman in the job over him.

[quote]Cant see why they dont give Steve MaClaren the job of manager. Ian Wright was spot on in being totally pi**ed at Sven last night when he said he just looked like someone observing from the FA while Ma...[/quote]

Perhaps it is the english coachng set up (incl Maclaren who is as culpable as Sven) had read the NCFC approach to improving performances and decided to trust in HOPE.

OTBC  

[quote]totally agree Scott... England should still quailify.. sack him now would be stupid with the finals only next year.. His record isn''t that bad..had he had worthington''s result for the last 15 games ...[/quote]

Yesbut nobut  ...  Sven has the advantage  of managing the pick of English players !  whilst Nigel  has to manage  with whatever is available  on his budget....  

Sven is STILL experimenting  !!   he did this with Lazio ,  he`s a man who just can`t make his mind up  , period !   by this time he SHOULD have a game plan ..  he SHOULD   have a team that knows the game plan ,  instead   we witness the spectacle  of an England manager  biting his nails  !! 

I think the real cuprits  in our dismal world cup record is ... the FA !    its a cosy little club  of mutual backscratchers   , who appoint England managers  not on ability , but on whether he fits THEIR image  of what  an England manager  should look and behave like , they are dinosaurs !!    if prospective managers don`t fit in with  their  criteria   , it matters not that they are  excellent  managers , they wont be picked ! 

Look at the likes of Brian Clough and  Terry Venables  , bags of experience , and  proven  class managers  , they got nowhere with the FA !   Clough because  he was abrasive and outspoken  , Venables  because  of his  dubious business interests ... how they must be squirming   at the much  broadcast  seamy affairs  of Sven  , LOL   certainly not the image  of an England  manager  they had in mind !!    harumph

[quote]totally agree Scott... England should still quailify.. sack him now would be stupid with the finals only next year.. His record isn''t that bad..had he had worthington''s result for the last 15 games ...[/quote]

Yesbut nobut  ...  Sven has the advantage  of managing the pick of English players !  whilst Nigel  has to manage  with whatever is available  on his budget....  

Sven is STILL experimenting  !!   he did this with Lazio ,  he`s a man who just can`t make his mind up  , period !   by this time he SHOULD have a game plan ..  he SHOULD   have a team that knows the game plan ,  instead   we witness the spectacle  of an England manager  biting his nails  !! 

I think the real cuprits  in our dismal world cup record is ... the FA !    its a cosy little club  of mutual backscratchers   , who appoint England managers  not on ability , but on whether he fits THEIR image  of what  an England manager  should look and behave like , they are dinosaurs !!    if prospective managers don`t fit in with  their  criteria   , it matters not that they are  excellent  managers , they wont be picked ! 

Look at the likes of Brian Clough and  Terry Venables  , bags of experience , and  proven  class managers  , they got nowhere with the FA !   Clough because  he was abrasive and outspoken  , Venables  because  of his  dubious business interests ... how they must be squirming   at the much  broadcast  seamy affairs  of Sven  , LOL   certainly not the image  of an England  manager  they had in mind !!    harumph

I agree with what you say...    Cloughie was the fans favourite to take control.. but the cobwebbs wouldn''t have him... I wonder if they will get am English manager in this time.. anyone think Curbs would do the job...

I am no fan of Sven..never should have been given the job in the first place ..   Yep he has the pick of the cream and can''t get them playing.....  Nigel has the squad he bought and in a way he has the talent to be serious in this league but can''t get them playing...there are similarities between them..

Not financial  but horses for courses...

He won''t be sacked but will probably go after this World Cup campaign whatever happens.

I agree with Lawrie Sanchez on this - most of the calls for him to go are because he is not English.

As I understand it you qualify for World Cups by winning your home games and picking up pieces away from home. If we continue to do that, we will still win the group and qualify. Even if we don''t we will at worst be in play-offs and might get through automatically as one of two best second-place teams. We will still be in the competition, unlike Northern Ireland!

I think we have to keep a sense of perspective. This is the best England team for ages - but it is probably not as good as Chelsea. We should not lose to teams like Northern Ireland but strange things happen. Man U lost to us last season, for example.

[quote]He won''t be sacked but will probably go after this World Cup campaign whatever happens. I agree with Lawrie Sanchez on this - most of the calls for him to go are because he is not English. As I unde...[/quote]

Some perspective... at last!

There are only two qualifying matches left... Sven will manage England until the end of the current World Cup campaign whether we like it or not FULL STOP. Get used to it!

For the record, I also agree with lawrie sanchez'' sentiments. Look at the title of this thread for a start!