Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Anybody Recognise The Face.

Obviously i don''t mean the players but this was way back on 1st May 1982 at Filbert Street.
Image may contain: one or more people

That looks like the face of City 1st to me, probably advising the guys on the best way to dribble.

[quote user=" Badger"]Leicester 1982; about a yard out - has to be Gary Lineker! [:)]
[/quote]
It was a Leicester fan. He picked the ball up from the corner and ran over to show Lineker how to score as he''d missed a couple of chances.

[quote user="Van wink"]That looks like the face of City 1st to me.
[/quote]
Not too sure about that winky because surely it would be talking ?

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 20/07/2018 5:58 PM:

Van wink wrote:
That looks like the face of City 1st to me.
Not too sure about that winky because surely it would be talking ?

Well it would certainly be making an @rse of itself.

@"Van wink"

That looks like the face of City 1st to me, probably advising the guys on the best way to drivel.

There, fixed it for you.......

When i found this photo on a Facebook forum about football in the 80''s i had forgotten i was at the game until a couple of posters gave some detail. I now remember sitting in the Main Stand with a mate after getting hold of a couple of player complimentary tickets. Seem to remember Barham and Bertschin scoring and an own goal from a cross or corner on our right. Blimey 36 years ago !

Was at the game, stayed over in Leicester with some friends. They weren''t happy about the game and when we went out that evening I was banned from talking about the football. I didn''t want to upset my hosts so to celebrate the game I kept putting ''Fantastic Day'' by Haircut 100 on the pub jukebox.

Keith Weller played for Leicester in the 70''s and i remember being at Filbert Street when he wore tights in a cup game with snow on the ground. Keelan was in goal that day.